2023 Transfer Portal - General NCAA Thread

That seems like a logical possibility. He really like UT during the recruiting process. I have not followed Georgetown. Curious if he has looked promising?
A quick check of some of Georgetown's box scores show he wasn't getting much playing time on a bad Georgetown team. Obviously that team was a dumpster fire thanks to Ewing but it didn't look like he had a lot of offensive skills. He still looks like a project after two seasons of college ball but he is 7'2 and those guys don't grow on trees. It does seem to match on with some of what Stoerner Fumbles was hinting about.

S big guy who may eventually come in I think is Ryan Mutombo he only chose Georgetown over us because of his dad's relationship with Patrick Ewing
Meh...pass. He can't get on the floor for his dad 's alma mater on a bad GU team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vawlz
That seems like a logical possibility. He really like UT during the recruiting process. I have not followed Georgetown. Curious if he has looked promising?
Averaged 5.3 points in 12 games playing for his dad' alma mater on a bad team. I'd pass. In fact, I'd rather just keep Uros if that was our option.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
Who was the last local player in basketball to succeed at Tennessee. anyone remember Doug Roth he was a great local player and what he do at Tennessee.nothing against local young men but most are not power 5 material in sports Mid Majors yes
Jordan Bowden was pretty successful, I guess.

Reactions: OllVol
He didn't play much last year his dad had cancer I guesd you wouldn't be very productive knowing one of your family members had a life threating disease
Yeah, I guess, but he wasn't all that productive on a bad team the year before, either.

Lol a basketball guru my apologies all Freshmen aren't going be productive damn

He’s giving you facts about a guy in the portal. Why would this guy be anywhere close to a top choice for us as a transfer at this point? We don’t need a 3rd year project to fill one of likely 2 transfer spots. And Chris is quite knowledgable. And he wasn’t being rude to you at all. Chill man.

He’s giving you facts about a guy in the portal. Why would this guy be anywhere close to a top choice for us as a transfer at this point? We don’t need a 3rd year project to fill one of likely 2 transfer spots. And Chris is quite knowledgable. And he wasn’t being rude to you at all. Chill man.
I agree, maybe 3-4 years ago he may have been a take but we have elevated our program. We should be in on better prospects.

Reactions: Kas232323
Who was the last local player in basketball to succeed at Tennessee. anyone remember Doug Roth he was a great local player and what he do at Tennessee.nothing against local young men but most are not power 5 material in sports Mid Majors yes
Roth was a solid player.

I know I'm just an old snappy man I understand my apologies

Reactions: Kas232323
He says the same about Blue Cain.

I’m just honestly puzzled. Knoxville rarely produces P5 caliber players. It’s not exactly a lucrative market for recruits.

Most of the D1 prospects from this area are projects at best. People need to understand that so they don’t get so tilted when we don’t give major minutes to a guy like B.J. from day 1.

I want to win games first and foremost. I don’t care if that involves Knoxville kids or not. We definitely don’t need to be putting players on the court that aren’t ready just to have a hometown player get minutes.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
I’m just honestly puzzled. Knoxville rarely produces P5 caliber players. It’s not exactly a lucrative market for recruits.

Most of the D1 prospects from this area are projects at best. People need to understand that so they don’t get so tilted when we don’t give major minutes to a guy like B.J. from day 1.

I want to win games first and foremost. I don’t care if that involves Knoxville kids or not. We definitely don’t need to be putting players on the court that aren’t ready just to have a hometown player get minutes.

Travis Henry and Doug Roth are the only Knoxville players that suited up at Tennessee until Bowden, Pember and Edwards came along.

Knoxville produces more P5 players in baseball and football than basketball.

VN Store

Back