2022, 2023, & 2024 Baseball Commitments (Merged with the 2018+ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all,,Birdie18,,I wasn't at the games,since I'm about a 1000 miles away,, so I'm just going off what i see and hear every little bit on the app...and I never said any one of those pitchers was freshman,,,and I didn't mention or insinuate that any incoming freshman where the answer to this program or any other program...freshman are freshman...And I do agree that these young talented arms need game time experience and reps, Im saying that in the 4 games i listened to this week,,, excluding Ark Pine Bluff,,,ETSU, MT Twice, Memphis,, they used only 8 different pitchers,,3 of those pitchers appeared in 3 of the 4 games..Im not saying anything bad about our pitchers we have throwing right now,, they are giving it 100%..The only point i was making or trying to make is,,CTV is bringing in all these infielders and i hope some of them are pitchers that can throw strikes,,,not saying our guys now don't, I mean guys that are not a project pitcher or has potential kind of pitcher,,, yes we still need bats also,,and we have been putting up some runs, not enough obviously,,but Birdie18 if you where thinking i was talking about the current pitchers,,the only thing i said was we currently get behind or buried in the counts early and have to pipe one and thats not a good recipe for success,, they know this,, lastly,, i obviously struck a nerve with you,,not my intentions Birdie18, All i was asking was,,or commenting on was if we are only going to throw 6-7 or maybe 8 pitchers a week,, do you think CTV is bringing in some of those SS to pitch also? Maybe they are going to other potations also? I don't know, I think Coach Anderson is doing a good job with the kids he has right now, And lastly,,, Yes you have to pitch it well and Hit it well to win.. I completely understand that, the Kids will get better after every game,,I confident of that,,This was not an upperclassman vs underclassman comment, i just know you need a lot of pitching throughout the year to stay successful and yes hitting also...But in My mind and experience,,the team with the best pitching wins,,Pitchers are the A number one commodity at any level, high school, college or the pros

First of all,,Birdie18,,I wasn't at the games,since I'm about a 1000 miles away,, so I'm just going off what i see and hear every little bit on the app...and I never said any one of those pitchers was freshman,,,and I didn't mention or insinuate that any incoming freshman where the answer to this program or any other program...freshman are freshman...And I do agree that these young talented arms need game time experience and reps, Im saying that in the 4 games i listened to this week,,, excluding Ark Pine Bluff,,,ETSU, MT Twice, Memphis,, they used only 8 different pitchers,,3 of those pitchers appeared in 3 of the 4 games..Im not saying anything bad about our pitchers we have throwing right now,, they are giving it 100%..The only point i was making or trying to make is,,CTV is bringing in all these infielders and i hope some of them are pitchers that can throw strikes,,,not saying our guys now don't, I mean guys that are not a project pitcher or has potential kind of pitcher,,, yes we still need bats also,,and we have been putting up some runs, not enough obviously,,but Birdie18 if you where thinking i was talking about the current pitchers,,the only thing i said was we currently get behind or buried in the counts early and have to pipe one and thats not a good recipe for success,, they know this,, lastly,, i obviously struck a nerve with you,,not my intentions Birdie18, All i was asking was,,or commenting on was if we are only going to throw 6-7 or maybe 8 pitchers a week,, do you think CTV is bringing in some of those SS to pitch also? Maybe they are going to other potations also? I don't know, I think Coach Anderson is doing a good job with the kids he has right now, And lastly,,, Yes you have to pitch it well and Hit it well to win.. I completely understand that, the Kids will get better after every game,,I confident of that,,This was not an upperclassman vs underclassman comment, i just know you need a lot of pitching throughout the year to stay successful and yes hitting also...But in My mind and experience,,the team with the best pitching wins,,Pitchers are the A number one commodity at any level, high school, college or the pros

I hear what you're typing and mostly agree-minus striking a nerve.

I enjoy discussing the program and what can happen tomorrow and the next day. I feel Vitello has a solid base of players but, can the hitting and defense improve...heck yes! Can (and should) all the pitchers throw more strikes especially in early counts absolutely! I'm just looking at today and want to support that piece. So often people look too far down the road and dismiss what's in front of them. The program is about to get banged and nicked up with conference play. But, opportunity and experience will come from that...which is something future (HS) recruits have not experienced yet.

And your exactly correct Birdie18, Tennessee Baseball has alot of improving to do IMO...In all phases, I even think CTV would be honest and say he could improve, thats the kind of guy he is,,,,,And i am not trying to discard this team, Im a baseball guy, Played it in college, coached it at the HS level and of coarse the summer program teams....This team needs our support no matter how far away or how close we live from knoxville, they will get better after every game,,,i truly believe that,,and I really think CTV will turn out to be a great coach for Tennessee......Go Vols!!!! And Birdie18 Thanks for your imput,,

Reactions: 1 person
We hosted a 2021 kid today. Kavares Tears. He is going to end up highly ranked throughout the process I think. Plays for Columbia Academy in TN.

Hey guys, just found new commitment from Crowder JC in Neosho , MO. Aaron Ashby LHP. Sophomore...He was Juco pitcher of the week. Twice this year. Check him out. This school plays against our Univ of Miami Transfer that was from Northeastern Okla A&M JC, Reed Fell..... Crowder is just about an hour north of Univ of Arkansas. So CTV must have already known about him. It says he’s a univ of Tennessee commit ,,,Add another one to the list for fall 2018. How many does that make now??

Hey guys, just found new commitment from Crowder JC in Neosho , MO. Aaron Ashby LHP. Sophomore...He was Juco pitcher of the week. Twice this year. Check him out. This school plays against our Univ of Miami Transfer that was from Northeastern Okla A&M JC, Reed Fell..... Crowder is just about an hour north of Univ of Arkansas. So CTV must have already known about him. It says he’s a univ of Tennessee commit ,,,Add another one to the list for fall 2018. How many does that make now??
He was part of the original class. He has a very good chance to be in the rotation next year. Crowder is a very good program and CTV has been recruiting at that school since his Missouri days. Ashby had a lot of Big 12 and a few SEC offers. He has a very good chance to be in the weekend rotation next year.

He was part of the original class. He has a very good chance to be in the rotation next year. Crowder is a very good program and CTV has been recruiting at that school since his Missouri days. Ashby had a lot of Big 12 and a few SEC offers. He has a very good chance to be in the weekend rotation next year.

I'm pretty sure he leads juco in strikeouts

Colin Ahearn - Player Profile | Perfect Game USA

DW1a-0TVQAA24Ed.jpg

I Looooooooooooove this...this is going up to the NE to get pitching in Corbin country...

Kid likes Wake Forest...hope we can hold onto him.

Which high school commits have the best chance of getting drafted?

We have 3 top 100 recruits in the 2018 class according to the PG rankings, we have four recruits that PG rates at 10.0...I don't have a $ubscription so I can't see the list, but...these are the guys I would be worried about based on PG.

Sean Guilbe - Player Profile | Perfect Game USA

Paul Komistek - Player Profile | Perfect Game USA

Mitchell Parker - Player Profile | Perfect Game USA

Connor Pavolony - Player Profile | Perfect Game USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back