2022, 2023, & 2024 Baseball Commitments (Merged with the 2018+ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baseball America released their Top 500 draft prospects today.
I may have missed some but here's what I found of current players and signees/commitments.

101- Aaron Ashby, LHP
157- Zach Linginfelter , RHP
168- Jonathan Ornelas, SS
178- William English, RHP
197- Mitchell Parker, LHP
335- Sean Guilbe, SS/3B
391- Austin Knight, SS
425- Connor Pavolony, C
443- Brandon Davis, SS, Football commit

Baseball America released their Top 500 draft prospects today.
I may have missed some but here's what I found of current players and signees/commitments.

101- Aaron Ashby, LHP
157- Zach Linginfelter , RHP
168- Jonathan Ornelas, SS
178- William English, RHP
197- Mitchell Parker, LHP
335- Sean Guilbe, SS/3B
391- Austin Knight, SS
425- Connor Pavolony, C
443- Brandon Davis, SS, Football commit

Assuming grades are good, I think 80% of them will be here.

Seen last night where Jonathan Ornelas on the MLB Draft page,,,had Ornelas at pick #87 in their Top 100 picks. Anywhere close to that pick. And HE GONE IMO. Can’t see this one making it to campus.

Either that, or he see's about 30-40 players coming in this fall,,,who knows,,thats why i think these juco kids are going to be a key component for next years team, and the returning players from this years squad,, I am sure a lot of this years players will have decisions to make at the end of the year...CTV IMO does not want to have all freshmen on the field next year,,probably a lot of redshirts will be given out??? Good Luck to the Preston Kid,,Whats your opinion vols reporter

6 catchers in 2018 and 2019 classes, 2 of them JUCOS and he doesn't see himself at another position?

6 catchers in 2018 and 2019 classes, 2 of them JUCOS and he doesn't see himself at another position?

I can understand that for sure...we have about 6-8 SS coming in this fall also,,which I'm sure a couple of them will get drafted, maybe 3, but two of them will probably go in the draft,,the 2 juco catchers this year was probably a key indicator for his decision.. your not bringing in juco's to sit or develop them..IMO And as a catcher, it would be hard to go to another position..Shortstops can usually play infield,,outfield,,and even sometimes pitch Go Vols!!!

Reactions: 1 person
I seen where Ashby has moved up on the MLB draft list,,Ornelas, Guilbe, Parker, English, are all solid draft spots,,,Wouldn't surprise me if all these kids are gone

Draftsite.com predictiions 2018 MLB draft
PICK NAME
88 Zach Linginfelter
131 Jonathon Ornelas
152 Sean Guilbe

Perfect Game 2018 MLB Draft
141 Sean Guilbe
152 Jonathon Ornelas
154 Aaron Ashby
169 William English
332 Mitchell Parker

Silseth and Parker both made North/South All-Star Classic squad in NM on the North team. June 8-9. Silseth has been clocked high as 97 on both Stalker and Jugs. Sits 92-94. Parker averages 2K per inning pitched. Sits 89-92. Silseth 1.5K/inning.

Reactions: 1 person
Eric Longenhager of FanGraphs.com just put out their Top 55,, 2018 MLB Draft picks:
Pick # 53. Jonathon Ornelas :: He was the only one on their list with Tennessee ties... Who knows, these draft prediction boards are all over the place right now.

Craig Lambert of Draft Site.com has Ornelas at number 52 pick. Guilbe at number 73 pick. Those are the only two with Tennessee ties in his Top 100 picks

Last edited:
Could Someone post a complete list of (new) players that are supposed to be coming this fall? Including JC players,
One other note: Got wind that Duncan Pence is back on board? Anyone else hearing this.

Eric Longenhager of FanGraphs.com just put out their Top 55,, 2018 MLB Draft picks:
Pick # 53. Jonathon Ornelas :: He was the only one on their list with Tennessee ties... Who knows, these draft prediction boards are all over the place right now.

From my intel ornelas is asking for a lot of money. He may get it. The door most definitely isn’t closed on coming to school though. Signability is everything in the high school draft. Unless something unexpected happens Guilbe and Parker will probably get drafted high and sign. Hearing Lingo will be back and Ashby will get drafted but is very open to coming to UT for a year where he could play himself into a 1st round pick. Will be an interesting a draft for sure.

So How many Shortstops does that make coming in the fall now if he comes ???? 8 or 9?? And remember we have the Univ of Miami Transfer already here. So is that 10 SS??

He plays third at Walters State. Obviously Wolfe (former signee) is playing SS there. He may stay put at the hot corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back