2016 NFL Free Agency Thread

I guess I haven't been paying much attention, but I don't see how this is better than keeping R White? Seems like White could have restructured and taken $6M.

Mohamed Sanu to the Falcons for $6.4 million a year. This really is silly season. Guy is a drop machine.

Only 14M guaranteed.....which is a pretty mediocre contract.

EDIT: Mediocre might not be the right word.......it's just not an astronomical number.

Last edited:
I guess I haven't been paying much attention, but I don't see how this is better than keeping R White? Seems like White could have restructured and taken $6M.

I think White had said that he wasn't willing to take a pay cut............still, pretty crappy to let him know that he was going to be cut via text message lol.

I think his age was a big factor

The Miami Dolphins gave RB CJ Anderson an offer sheet yesterday that the Broncos have 5 days to match.

The New England Patriots gave Buffalo WR Chris Hogan a 3 year, $12M contract that the Bills have 5 days to match.

Neither team would receive compensation were they not to match the offer sheets (and Buffalo seems unlikely to do such without some quick cuts or massive contract restructuring...the Patriots offer gives Hogan a $5.5 mil cap number for the upcoming year and the Bills are only $500K under the salary cap at the moment).

Last edited:
Looks like we got our QB

11703079_10154013659215701_9059937557889906946_n.jpg

Honestly, I wouldn't mind the Broncos taking Manziel if the price is right, but I would want them to sit him a year and give him a bunch of guidelines to be eligible in 2017.

VN Store

Back