2013 Silly Season

The 39 car is losing its Army sponsorship. Might make it tough for Newman to keep his ride.

I honestly think it's Jack Roush more than Matt Kenseth. When you're one of NASCAR's top teams and you can't get any of your cars fully funded, then you need to stop demanding someone's first born and a few limbs to get on the car. There are smaller teams with less talent behind the wheel keeping cars on the track every week because they don't act too good for sponsorship dollars.

With Matt going to JGR, he'll become the top driver there. Heard that he is replacing Logano who may be going to Nationwide full time.:yes:

I've heard that Kurt could be driving for SHR.:question:

Kurt would do well there. Still, if Tony has trouble finding Newman funding it will be even harder to fund Kurt. That being said Smoke has been talking Kurt up the past few weeks.

Yep, leaving the sport entirely. Will keep the NHRA deal though. I agree, might mean the end of Ryan at SHR.

I am sure that NHRA is a cheaper form of advertisement but you would think they would get more exposure through Nascar.

I am like some other people, if SHR has a hard time finding funding for Newman it will be even harder if he decides to sign Kurt to replace him. Just because of the trouble Kurt has had in the recent past.

Not driver news, but Osbourne stepping down from the 99. Claiming health reasons. I'm sure all the stress of Their tough year hasn't helped if he is having health problems.

Stepping down now or at the end of the season? Either way that's a really big blow to Edwards. They always seem to work well together and have had a lot of success. Wonder who will take over?

Now. He is gonna take another position within Roush. Prob one that doesn't require as much travel or the amount of strell level as being a crew chief. Ty Norris is gonna take over for Edwards.

Wow! That's pretty big move. Hope Bob gets healthy. Maybe he will get better and be able to to return at some point in the future.

Bob and Carl had always been an odd match. They had totally different personalities, but always seemed to gel together. Personally, I never was that high on Bob as a strategist.

Bob and Carl had always been an odd match. They had totally different personalities, but always seemed to gel together. Personally, I never was that high on Bob as a strategist.

This is so true. They really seemed to balance each other out. Bob usually seemed so calm on the radio no matter the situation.

I hope Bob's health improves and I hope this improves the way Carl has been running also. I'm tired of watching my driver ride around in 20th every race. He has been a non-factor all year and is barely even mentioned. Quite a contrast from last year. It just baffles me that he and Bob ran so well last year and have been complete garbage so far this season. Hangover effect from losing the championship I guess, same as Hamlin a couple years ago.

Fox Sports reporting that Ryan Newman is likely to come back to SHR next year with increased support from Quicken Loans. Announcement possibly by next week. Also Joey is the top candidate for the #22 ride.

Fox Sports reporting that Ryan Newman is likely to come back to SHR next year with increased support from Quicken Loans. Announcement possibly by next week. Also Joey is the top candidate for the #22 ride.

Any one know if outback will give more blooming onions?

Any chance Darrell Wallace Jr. gets a chance to drive a few Winston Cup races next year?

I doubt it. Im sure Gibbs would like for him to get a full nationwide schedule under gis belt first.

VN Store

Back