2013 Silly Season

Earnhardt Ganassi will switch from EGR motors to Hendrick next year. Even an engine change won't fix that team's problems.

Yeah I don't really see Kevin being competitive at all next year. It would be best if RC and Kevin could work out a deal to move over early. It doesn't do Kevin, the team, nor the sponsor good to be a lame duck the entire season. I'd also imagine Bud would follow him to SHR.

Of course Kevin is saying they are going to go out and do whatever it takes next year to win races and to win a championship but I just don't see it happening. Now the question is who takes that spot at RCR? Vickers?

Prob Austin Dillon. They were gonna have to make room for him anyway. Childress was prob hoping it was Burton instead of Harvick though.

I'm sure Childress is pissed, but if you aren't providing top notch equipment you can't blame Harvick for leaving. especially to drive for one of his best friends in the garage.

Prob Austin Dillon. They were gonna have to make room for him anyway. Childress was prob hoping it was Burton instead of Harvick though.

I started thinking after I posted that and completely forgot about Dillon. Dillon is running something like 14 races in cup next year anyways so it will be an easy decision for Childress. I think Burton's contract is up at the end of next year too so it will be intresting to see what Childress decides about Burton.

My belief was that Burton was just keeping the seat warm for Dillon. Guess Dillon goes to the #29 now, or he goes to the #31 in '14 and Childress finds another driver for the #29.

My belief was that Burton was just keeping the seat warm for Dillon. Guess Dillon goes to the #29 now, or he goes to the #31 in '14 and Childress finds another driver for the #29.

I was talking to some guys at work that watch Nascar and they think Childress will bring the 3 back with Dillon. I don't know if they will or not but I think Harvick and SHR will buy the number 29 from Childress so Harvick can stick with that number.

I bet Childerss won't give up the 29. He seemed pretty pissed. I wonder if Budwiser will move with Harvick. Gonna be hard to put a kid that's not 21 in the Budwiser car.

I bet Childerss won't give up the 29. He seemed pretty pissed. I wonder if Budwiser will move with Harvick. Gonna be hard to put a kid that's not 21 in the Budwiser car.

RCR has a couple of numbers that they own rights too that they aren't using right now the 3, and the 33. I knew he was pretty pissed about the timing of the annoucement but I don't know that he would hold the number. Who knows. If they put a kid in a Bud car and he wins there would be no celebrating in Victory Lane with Buds.

Some numbers fans are speculating are the #4, #6, #8, and #29. SHR was going to use the #4 for Ryan when they first started but Morgan-McClure made a big fuss about it, the #6 was KHI's first number as a team, #8 was Kevin's number growing up but I doubt that will happen, and naturally #29 has always been Kevin's Cup number.

It really sounds like the trucks will be racing at Eldora next year. Not sure that is really a good idea.

Also I saw on a another message board that there are whispers that SHR might move to ECR motors but I really doubt that.

It really sounds like the trucks will be racing at Eldora next year. Not sure that is really a good idea.

Also I saw on a another message board that there are whispers that SHR might move to ECR motors but I really doubt that.

I think the race at Eldora is going to be pretty cool.

I would be surprised to see SHR make that move.

I can't see Stewart doing that. They are pretty much an extension of Hendrick Motorsports now. They would lose alot of info that is shared.

I hope the crew chief change of Jimmy Fenning to the #99 for '13 will help that team. After such a great, championship caliber run last year, Edwards' drop-off in performance has been nothing short of pathetic. He has been a complete non-factor this year.

Of course Kevin is saying they are going to go out and do whatever it takes next year to win races and to win a championship but I just don't see it happening. Now the question is who takes that spot at RCR? Vickers?

I could see Kurt Busch going to RCR. I think his Furniture Row deal is only for 2013 so he could move once Harvick leaves.

I could see Kurt Busch, Paul Menard and Austin Dillion.

I could see Kurt Busch going to RCR. I think his Furniture Row deal is only for 2013 so he could move once Harvick leaves.

I could see Kurt Busch, Paul Menard and Austin Dillion.

I could see RC going after KB because RC has always like drivers that have had some attitude to them.

Bud and Jimmie Johns will follow Harvick to SHR. Apparently Kevin went to them personally and signed them, Richard found out and wasn't too happy. Also there is speculation on Jayski that Danica might run part-time in Nationwide for RCR, wonder if there is some truth to the SHR/RCR rumors?

VN Store

Back