2013 Recruiting Big Board

i hope we can get pg newkirk sg either jujuan johnson or sindarius thronwell sf quinton stephens pf austin nichols pf jonathon williams or tyrek coger more realistic than hoping for hubbs,nicholes,williams,king.but would be nice to get newkirk and atleast one of these either nichols,or hubbs.or williams,or king.

Jimmie Taylor lists five; to visit UK, Vandy,*Georgetown

“I like Georgetown, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Alabama and Tennessee,” Taylor told NRS. “I have offers from all of them except for Kentucky. I just think that they all have a lot to offer me and they can really develop me.”

However, coaching staffs aren’t the only ones recruiting 6’10, 210-pound big man. Class of 2013 point guard Travon Landry is also lobbying Taylor to join him. “He just says to come with him to Tennessee and that it’s a good program headed in the right direction,” Taylor said. “He’s been doing an okay job. I’ve really been thinking about Tennessee a little.”

I wish it were the case, but he mentions Texas by name twice in the article. That coupled with the fact that this was an instate article leaves me doubting its realistic possibility.

Yea no, I've heard him mention Texas before, never really thought they were a major player though. Odd.

Seems like he's probably Memphis bound, but we're still in on some great talent so should be a good class.

Hearing Jimmie Taylor put us in his top 5 definitely makes me happy though.

I don't kow how many we'll take but this would make me happy, to go along with Landry, Nichols, Crawford, Jimmie Taylor, and one of Hubbs/Thornwell.

I don't kow how many we'll take but this would make me happy, to go along with Landry, Nichols, Crawford, Jimmie Taylor, and one of Hubbs/Thornwell.

I am wondering if Landry stays onboard if UT signs Thornwell. Isn't Thornwell projected to play PG if he comes here? Not saying it happens, but if this class turns into something special, I could easily see Landry being the odd man out.

I am wondering if Landry stays onboard if UT signs Thornwell. Isn't Thornwell projected to play PG if he comes here? Not saying it happens, but if this class turns into something special, I could easily see Landry being the odd man out.

I don't know about that,Thornwell is a legit 6'5 to 6'6 and Landry is a great defensive player. He has an Arron Craft game.

No sindarius is not projected as a PG, you may see him handle it some, but he will not see major minutes at the point, nor will he start there.

If someone like Newkirk signed here or Tate then I could possibly see Landry looking elsewhere, but I think Landry ends up at UT regardless, not a bad thing.

Jajuan Johnson mentioned Memphis, Georgetown, Cincinnati, Texas, Auburn, and Ole Miss when asked for his top schools.

So it appears tennessee is most likely out of the running for King & Johnson, lets hope we can snag a couple out of nichols, hubbs and crawford, preferably all 3.

The recruitment of Nichols is getting tougher with Coach K getting involved.

Oh that's right I forgot you're that guy that was going on about hubbs and Nichols playing for mike millers aau team.

News flash...duke has been involved in the Nichols recruitment for awhile.

Last edited:
I never stated Duke wasn't recruiting him, only that the situation has changed with Coach K getting involved.

nothing has changed, duke and coach K have been been involved for awhile now. its not like this is the first time nichols has interacted with coach K.

VN Store

Back