'19 FL SDE Mike Morris

“honestly, from this visit, i really love tennessee,” said morris. “i’ve always wanted — if, god willing, i went to the nfl — i’ve always wanted to retire in tennessee, so that’s always been a dream. I really don’t know. I really love them. I really love tennessee. I’m not going to lie. “i love the coaching staff. I love the players. The players are just amazing. The coaching staff, the coaching staff’s family, they’re amazing, too.”

“i just really took interest because they wanted me at tight end,” morris said. “not too many people are recruiting me at tight end, and tight end’s always been a dream of mine. That’s why i wanted to come back.

“plus, coach pruitt knows what he’s doing. He coached under (alabama coach) nick saban. You’ve got to listen to a dude who does that. He wants to change the whole program around, which is what i like — and their offense, how they run their offense. I was talking to the offensive coordinator (tyson helton), and how they run their offense is based on the tight end, so that’s what i really like, too.”

“coach niedermeyer, he went over my film with me — my offensive film,” morris said. “he pointed out my get-offs, my stance. He pointed out really key things that i really need to work on, so i really liked that. I was talking to the players, and they really said, ‘he knows a lot about the game,’ so it was straight. "i think they really like that i’m versatile, and that’s what they want to do. They want to run double-tight, with two tight ends, and then mix a defense up by flexing out the tight end.”

“honestly, i’m really getting very spiritual right now, and i’m really talking to god a lot. Wherever god points me, that’s where i’m going to go, so if he points me in the direction of tennessee, i will go. If he points me in the direction of florida state, that’s where i’m going to be. … it’s based on where god wants me to be.”

Reactions: 19 people
I don't know about TE though with 2 already committed

I remember VQ mods saying Brown is only 16 years old and still growing. And could end up at DE. Maybe that’s why the staff might want another TE? Or they figure they’ll give Morris a shot at TE and if it doesn’t work they’ll move him to DE.

I think another part of it is that the staff just wants to get bigger. Bring in all the big athletes you possibly can, find a spot for them, and coach em up.

Reactions: 2 people
I remember VQ mods saying Brown is only 16 years old and still growing. And could end up at DE. Maybe that’s why the staff might want another TE? Or they figure they’ll give Morris a shot at TE and if it doesn’t work they’ll move him to DE.

I think another part of it is that the staff just wants to get bigger. Bring in all the big athletes you possibly can, find a spot for them, and coach em up.

It's easy to find a player a position in football if they are big and athletic. It's hard to coach somebody up to become bigger and more athletic though.

“I really like the coaches. I really like what they’re trying to do. I really like the offense. I’m really interested in Tennessee. The people around Tennessee. Not just the coaches or the players, just the people. Like the people in the town. They just love Tennessee there. It’s just really nice.”

The American Heritage B/D (Fla.) defensive end/tight end has been committed to Florida State for more than two years now. He's a legacy with the Seminoles, as his father Mike Morris played offensive line for FSU in early 1990s. But a coaching change in Tallahassee has opened the doors for other programs to pursue Morris, as Tennessee, Michigan, Miami and Penn State are among the schools trying to flip the blue-chip recruit.

The 6-foot-5, 255-pound Sunshine State native also connected with noted jokester Brian Niedermeyer, as the Vols are actually recruiting Morris to play tight end. Tennessee already has two tight end commits in the 2019 class, but Morris “definitely feels wanted” by the Vols. “They really want me at tight end,” he added. “Honestly, (Niedermeyer) is a really goofy guy, and I’m a goofy person so we just vibed. I was cool to him and I really felt a good vibe from him.”

Sitting in Pruitt’s office with his parents, Morris said they had a long conversation about life, leadership, family and faith. Morris recalled explicitly how Pruitt told him, “Do you. Just be yourself. …We’re a family here. Nobody gets left behind.”

-VQ

Reactions: 12 people

VN Store

Back