14_8237463.png

SDE
6-5
CLASS OF 19
WEST PALM BEACH, FL
(AMERICAN HERITAGE B/D)

247 - Mike Morris, American Heritage B/D, Strong-Side Defensive End

RIVALS - Rivals.com

FSU commit for over 2 years, visiting 04/06/2018 due to the work CCK is putting in and the relationship built while he was at FSU. Maybe a potential flip due to staff turnover there.

[hudl]https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6088345/5721cd93dfe23b2d68b25202[/hudl]

Reactions: 4 people
the four-star junior defensive end/tight end from american heritage school in delray beach, fla., said he visited the vols on friday and saturday after hearing plenty from their new staff over the past few months, and he had an “amazing” time during his two-day stay in knoxville. “it was amazing. I really enjoyed my time there,” said morris, who’s ranked the no. 223 overall prospect and no. 18 strongside defensive end in the 247sports composite for the 2019 class. “it was nice. It was a really good experience.”

after his trip to knoxville this weekend, the younger morris said he’s already planning to visit the vols again. “i’m probably going up there this summer, just to get my mother up here,” he said. Morris said he knows a few members of new tennessee coach jeremy pruitt’s staff who previously were at florida state. Vols safeties coach charles kelly and quality control analysts bert biffani and tino sunseri both were with the seminoles last year, and morris said he has been in contact with all three of them.

“i’m really close with those three,” morris said. “and i’ve always looked at tennessee, so i wanted to go up there and see how i was feeling. "coach kelly and bert, i’m really close with them. (kelly is) a good father figure to me. He’s an amazing person.” his father, who accompanied him on the trip to tennessee, also was briefly at florida state at the same time as new vols running backs coach chris weinke, a former seminoles quarterback who initially signed with florida state in 1990 before pursuing a career in baseball.

Morris is being recruited by most teams as a defensive end, but he said tennessee has continued to show interest in playing him at tight end. He said the vols are “really only the first school” to mention using him as a tight end, but pruitt talked with him during the visit about how he might fit into their offense. “it was really interesting to me, because i’m still trying to figure out where i want to play in college,” morris said. “they basically want to run double-tight (sets), and instead of doing personnel changes, they want to move the tight end out wide, put him at slot. They want to move him around, motion him, basically — which is basically the same offense i run at american heritage.

“i feel like i’m just as good at either (defensive end or tight end),” morris added. “(pruitt likes) my ability to flex out. It was my ability to create mismatches. I can also block and i can go out for passes.” in addition to tennessee, he said michigan, clemson and miami are the schools battling hardest to steal him away from florida state.

Reactions: 6 people
I understand the connection with Josh Mcdaniel with this staff, but I thought it was really interesting he came to speak at the coaches clinic... The two tightend sets makes a lot more sense now...

Mike Morris' first ever visit to Tennessee over the weekend might be best summed up as an old school trip for the 4-star athlete from American Heritage High School in Baton Rouge, Florida. “I thought it was amazing,” Morris said. “It was just so family oriented. It felt like the old FSU. It felt like a home away from home. I was surprised that I felt that way in my first trip there.”

“I'm going to the FSU spring game,” Morris said. “I'm still committed to them. But Tennessee gave me plenty to think about. I would like to get back up there. “Coach Kelly and Coach Pruitt came by the school in January and the fact they made me a priority for them is why I wanted to come up to Knoxville.”

“They want me to be a key asset for them on offense as a tight end,” Morris explained. “They showed me what kind of plays they are running and how they would use me. “Like I do in high school, they would use me in a variety of ways. I can flex out and I can play in line as a tight end.”

Morris said Tennessee is the only school talking to him about playing offense. At this point, he is not sure what side of the ball he wants to play in college. “On my film, they saw my versatility offensively and they like what I can do. I'm not sure if I want to play offense or defense that something I'm thinking about.”

“I want to take my official visits in the fall because I want to see the game atmospheres,” Morris said. Morris is not sure of what schools he will officially visit at this point, but Tennessee is a very real possibility after the impression the Vols left on him this weekend.

-VQ

Reactions: 4 people
Definitely sounds like if we can sell him on playing offense, then we have a legitimate chance here.

Ergo.... we need Woods-Anderson to ball out this season. Show this kid what a decent TE can do in this offense.

Semi-related... we have Lowe. Brown is virtually assumed here. I wonder if we'd take three TE's this cycle.

Definitely sounds like if we can sell him on playing offense, then we have a legitimate chance here.

Ergo.... we need Woods-Anderson to ball out this season. Show this kid what a decent TE can do in this offense.

Semi-related... we have Lowe. Brown is virtually assumed here. I wonder if we'd take three TE's this cycle.
Might come down to who commits first.

Unless they actually want Morris on the DL and are just trying to sell him on us.

Reactions: 1 person
From a poster on VQ...
heard today that Willie T told him to not come to their spring game. Has to be a good look for us. His father is not happy.

Guess Taggart wasn't happy that Morris visited UT.

Reactions: 2 people
willie t is not gonna make a lot of friends in florida is my prediction.

From a poster on VQ...

Guess Taggart wasn't happy that Morris visited UT.

So Willie got his panties in a bunch because a kid that is committed to FSU took a visit and went as far as to tell that kid not to come visit for their spring game?

Peaygolf be like...

"Hey Willie T...."
PmhD1km.gif

Reactions: 2 people
So Willie got his panties in a bunch because a kid that is committed to FSU took a visit and went as far as to tell that kid not to come visit for their spring game?

Peaygolf be like...

"Hey Willie T...."
dMPZGtufRKuBpyNdSmc1_John%20Wayne%20Pool%20Toss.gif

willie t is building a wall...around Tallahassee.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back