'18 TN QB/WR Alontae Taylor (UT commit 6/18/16)

Never happened. I can count the amount of players on one hand that have had division I offers in the history of the school.

Scott Farrar. As I recall, he got a start on the OL near the end of his senior year in the mid-70's. I think it happened during Coach Majors first year. Scott attended the old Manchester CHS high school and last I heard, still lives in Hillsboro. His dad and uncle, Clarence & Howard Farrar. were long time medical doctors in Manchester.

Scott Farrar. As I recall, he got a start on the OL near the end of his senior year in the mid-70's. I think it happened during Coach Majors first year. Scott attended the old Manchester CHS high school and last I heard, still lives in Hillsboro. His dad and uncle, Clarence & Howard Farrar. were long time medical doctors in Manchester.

Oh wow, didn't even know that. It's just so beyond rare for Central though.

Oh wow, didn't even know that. It's just so beyond rare for Central though.

U got that right! Goes back for almost 40 years. But, Alontae has a good chance to break that streak.

Actually, Scott only started because the Vols were rather putrid that year. Plus, his family contributed some coin to the Vol cause.

I received a Tennessee offer in highschool. They offered me a free sticker if I'd stop trying to get them to accept me.

Reactions: 3 people

Last I knew Scott lived in Farragut

Sorry but top 8's and top 10's are silly to me. I understand it's a process but what's the point, really? Makes us feel like Dumb and Dumber- "...So you're tellin' me there's a chance... YEAHHH!" :dance2::crazy:

Kids been doing them forever, only it's different now with social media because you can do your own "self-marketing" without the help of someone in the media. Some players do it for the self marketing, others to build hype leading up to the announcement, others do it for the attention, others because people keep asking what their top schools are, others do it because they saw someone else doing it and most do it for a combination of the reasons listed above. just kids havin fun dude

Kind of feel bad for them...then I don't.

I always felt bad for them when I was younger and kind of wanted them to do well, make it to a bowl as long as they didn't beat us. Then when they actually got kinda decent I learned real quick that I never want them to sniff a bowl game ever again. Never knew they would be so obnoxious.

Reactions: 3 people
I always felt bad for them when I was younger and kind of wanted them to do well, make it to a bowl as long as they didn't beat us. Then when they actually got kinda decent I learned real quick that I never want them to sniff a bowl game ever again. Never knew they would be so obnoxious.

My thoughts exactly.

Reactions: 1 person

Exactly. When you have a pos coach like Franklin follow a respectable coach like Johnson, it leaves a bad taste.

Reactions: 1 person
Received an offer from Austin peay

scbu.gif

I I had a coach in basketball he was 6'8 and grew up in Texas. He was a very good basketball player. He showed me offer letters from Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Kansas and LSU. Said he had a bunch more but he decided he wanted to go to Sam Houston St. He ended up real high on the scoring list and he played over seas for a few years. Sometimes kids like these smaller schools. He said it felt like home and he grew up in a town off 800 people. Said he couldn't have made it in a big school mentally. No relevance here just always thought it was a cool story.

I I had a coach in basketball he was 6'8 and grew up in Texas. He was a very good basketball player. He showed me offer letters from Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Kansas and LSU. Said he had a bunch more but he decided he wanted to go to Sam Houston St. He ended up real high on the scoring list and he played over seas for a few years. Sometimes kids like these smaller schools. He said it felt like home and he grew up in a town off 800 people. Said he couldn't have made it in a big school mentally. No relevance here just always thought it was a cool story.

Oh, I know, and I would not knock anybody who would choose that route, nor am I knocking Austin Peay for offering. Just laughing at their chances. But you have zero chance if you don't offer, so it certainly doesn't hurt to offer. But I think the majority of kids today envision themselves in the league, whether it be the NFL or the NBA. And they know the more tv exposure the better their chances are, so most kids these days are going to choose the Power 5 schools if they have the offers.

Just trimmed it to three. Us, Kentucky and Georgia Tech (who wasn't even in his top 8). He's acting like a decision could be soon. Visiting Tennessee on the 18th.

VN Store

Back