'18 TN QB/WR Alontae Taylor (UT commit 6/18/16)

It's why I was t worried when he committed to Vandy. He's been wanting to be a Vol for a long time. He's a great kid too, excited to say he'll be a Vol soon

It's why I was t worried when he committed to Vandy. He's been wanting to be a Vol for a long time. He's a great kid too, excited to say he'll be a Vol soon

I'm thinking he only committed to get more schools to look at him, he like the gators from what I've heard

Why did you commit to Vandy?

Well, everyone gets high, drunk, sniffs a lil glue, and suffers from severe concussion like symptoms from time to time.

Reactions: 1 person
Im a Coffee County alum and I know this kid was definitely the main reason we took the coffee pot back from Tullahoma. Coffee County VERY rarely sees this kind of talent come through.

“My family loves them and they are in the SEC. But, my family has always loved the ‘Big Orange’ and you always want to go where your heart wants to go. But, you have to find a place that’s a good fit for you. My family loves Vanderbilt but they really do love Tennessee. And you have to make a decision for yourself, but also for your family, too.

“I know a lot of schools are starting to come in offer and so I have to look at them but I really want to stay instate and play at home and have my family come and watch me.

-Rivals

Says he was close to making a decision but wants to hold off and focus on high school. Despite others schools starting to get involved it's basically only Vandy and Tennessee right now.

Reactions: 5 people
Wow, the best decommit I have ever seen. Seems like a mature young man, wish all had this attitude.

"As a 16 y/o kid I made a commitment to an unbelievable academic school in Vanderbilt! And their commitment to me has been second to none and what a great opportunity!" Taylor wrote. "Any high school athlete should be honored to be presented that opportunity regardless of which sport @ Vandy.

"With that being said, Vandy is still at the very top of my list I'm considering, but I am going to entertain other options as well so that 1 more athlete is not denied an opportunity to be recruited and offered by Vandy at my position if I find the perfect fit somewhere else.

"Coach (Derek) Mason is unbelievable and a great coach! This is not a de-commitment but rather an opportunity to see what the right fit is for me after graduation! Vandy is still on top!

"I'm still just a kid trying to make a grown up decision for my future so please remember that."-247

All CB are to TN, would be a great pick up.

Reactions: 7 people
Seems like a bright young man. He'll be successful wherever he chooses. With that being said he needs to choose the good guys and help Mays get the ball rolling!

Who can name the last Manchester CHS / Coffee County High School grad to start for the Vols?

Never happened. I can count the amount of players on one hand that have had division I offers in the history of the school.

Second that, one definitely had a chance for one but academically couldn't qualify went to a small school now lives back in Manchester but seriously this kid has some talent but personally see more of a db type player than QB

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back