'18 FL WR/ATL Shocky Jacques-Louis

Weird how these guys can get bumps over the summer when no games are played and no new film to evaluate is available.

I guess i still don't understand recruiting.

looking at that HUDL vid i had 2 big thoughts one good one bad

1 He reminds me of CP awesome athlete talented as heck
2 He reminds me of CP not saying he cant, just saw no evidence of route running in there.

Every play in there was either a bubble screen, return, wildcat or a deep slant/streak. I saw about 3 underneath routes out of the slot also. It looked like he played against legit competition from speed of the game but saw no evidence of any sort of competent coverage. I know its a highlight tape but I'd like to see at least one play where he as a WR beats some coverage.. he wont get that kind of separation in the SEC on even a semi regular basis.

2 He reminds me of CP not saying he cant, just saw no evidence of route running in there.

Every play in there was either a bubble screen, return, wildcat or a deep slant/streak. I saw about 3 underneath routes out of the slot also. It looked like he played against legit competition from speed of the game but saw no evidence of any sort of competent coverage. I know its a highlight tape but I'd like to see at least one play where he as a WR beats some coverage.. he wont get that kind of separation in the SEC on even a semi regular basis.

CP would have been awesome in our offense.

CP would have been awesome in our offense.
I disagree...CP was explosive but cat could not run a route to save his life (still can't)... for 1st year the guy is gonna make plays.. till they get tape on you. I don't expect kids to come in as all polished route runners but when you see a whole highlight film as long as this one without a single route run against any sort of serious coverage its a red flag. Not saying the kid can't run routes just saying there is no EVIDENCE of it in the highlights.

Maybe athletically, but CP was 6'4 and Shocky's 6'1. CP maybe the most talented WR to ever come thru UT and that says a lot. Wish he would have stayed one more year. I expect CP to have a big year at Oakland this upcoming year

I know he's a likely WR, but I'd love to see what Shocky could do at cornerback. There is a reason he's rated as an "athlete" by everyone. I hope we can close the deal with him soon. He's a very under-valued prospect right now.

Maybe athletically, but CP was 6'4 and Shocky's 6'1. CP maybe the most talented WR to ever come thru UT and that says a lot. Wish he would have stayed one more year. I expect CP to have a big year at Oakland this upcoming year

CP is/was 6'2. You're thinking of Hunter who is 6'4

CP was one of the most talented ATHLETES to come through UT. We've had a number of better RECEIVERS.

Reactions: 2 people
CP should have been used like Kamara. Just get the ball in his hands. Put him in the backfield and hand off to him. Limit is route tree to screens and slants out of the backfield. Guy was electric with the ball in his hands.

CP should have been used like Kamara. Just get the ball in his hands. Put him in the backfield and hand off to him. Limit is route tree to screens and slants out of the backfield. Guy was electric with the ball in his hands.

Yea, I agree. I seemed to think they started doing that more toward the end of the year. He got some sweeps and screens.

its amazing as electric as CP was/is that the guy cant run a single route even to this point in his career haha

My bad. U are right. Man, that UT team was loaded with WRs. CP, Hunter, Rogers and Rivera at TE and we won 5 games. Makes me sick

iirc Rogers was kicked off before game 1. Rogers, CP, Hunter, Rivera and Bray's arm would have been impossible to stop. What could have been.....

Don't forget about the great O-line. All 5 made an NFL roster, 4 are still on an NFL roster I believe

I won't forget the run against NC State when he reversed field and outran Amerson. I knew then that we were in for a treat.

iirc Rogers was kicked off before game 1. Rogers, CP, Hunter, Rivera and Bray's arm would have been impossible to stop. What could have been.....

Don't forget about the great O-line. All 5 made an NFL roster, 4 are still on an NFL roster I believe

He's talking about Zach, not Da'Rick.

That makes a lot more sense haha.

I'll never forget when he burned Amerson for a long TD. Especially after NC state fans were saying he would shut down our WR's

That was a very fun game to watch. Amerson and really their secondary as a whole was extremely hyped up, and our recievers made them look like high schoolers. Even our defense looked pretty good that game. It was all downhill from there though.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back