'18 FL WR/ATL Shocky Jacques-Louis

Like several of his 7-on-7 South Florida teammates, Shocky Jacques-Louis grew up with Tennessee freshman linebacker Shanon Reid. The two have been close friends since middle school, so when the Vols offered the 3-star Kentucky receiver commit, Jacques-Louis made sure he reached out to Reid to see what Tennessee was all about.

“We talked before I came up,” said Jacques-Louis, who visited Tennessee for the first time Tuesday. “(Reid) told me how it was. I heard it was a nice school, but now that I went, it really surprised me. Everything was real nice.” “Getting to see him was great,” he said. “We’ve always been close. It kind of made it even better that he goes there. He kept basically saying it could be like the old days.”

Jacques-Louis got the full tour during his visit, seeing Neyland Stadium and all the other facilities. He also got a chance to view a team workout and eat with some players, including Reid. The Fort Myers (Fla.) native spent time with head coach Butch Jones, as well as offensive coordinator Larry Scott and wideouts coach Kevin Beard.

Tennessee’s new receivers coach showed Jacques-Louis some technique tips — and Jacques-Louis used the new fundamentals the very next day at South Carolina’s camp. “I like how the coaches teach,” he said. “(Beard) showed me some different footwork stuff, different ways to get off the line and release. Just simple but good stuff. So when I went to the South Carolina camp, I performed. I used the steps that he taught me, and they worked real good. I just like hanging out with the coaches and the players. What coach Beard taught me really worked.”

Overall, Jacques-Louis said the visit was great and definitely left a strong impression on him. The wideout remains “loyal” to Kentucky, but he liked the vibe around the Vols and said the staff’s message has been consistent since they extended an offer several weeks ago.

“They’ve been telling me, even though I’m committed, they’re not going to shy away from recruiting me,” he said. “I like it. I’m definitely coming back on an official.”

-VQ

Reactions: 4 people
Agreed.

We are assuming that McClay will be a WR, correct? I haven't paid much attention to his thread since he committed, but is Penix a legitimate candidate to move to WR in college? I thought I read that he is not the athlete Jennings was; moreover, it will be tough for him at QB with Martinez in this class.

Penix is a QB. You don't want one that shies from competition. Transfers happen.

Boom shockalaka

giphy.gif

Reactions: 1 person
What kind of speed are we talking here?

Is this kid a take, right now? There are a lot of higher rated kids that like us right now, Kevin Austin and Tommy Bush (my personal favorite), to name a couple

Is this kid a take, right now? There are a lot of higher rated kids that like us right now, Kevin Austin and Tommy Bush (my personal favorite), to name a couple

Yeah, I was thinking to hold on Louis if he wants to commit to see what Austin does or Bush .

I do my own research. I'm not a star-gazer. U never heard one bad word out of me, last year, about UTs 2017 class. That class was very underrated, imo

Yes it was a talented class I agree. Way more than given credit for by several on here.

Ok, Louis is going to potentially grow to 6'5? Whatever, I like Bush better than Louis. Austin, too. These are my opinions, u don't have to agree with them

Ya I know I dont and yes he will grow i can pretty much guarantee it. As for what the wr board looks like, i dont know.

He looks fast, it seems like we have 3 very similar receivers in Taylor, Harris and if we get Shockey. I don't know if any of them are that JJ go to receiver. Really don't know

VN Store

Back