'17 CA OL Kanan Ray

Wow how in the world did half the west coast offer him before we did? He is a prototype linemen for us and he's a legacy kid from our last championship team. Get him on board! This guy would be a huge pickup

I actually remember the name, but I could not have told you what position he played. But that makes Kanan Ray a legacy, for sure, and we have had very good luck with our legacies so far :)

Legacies are the only recruits Butch can get.

Wow how in the world did half the west coast offer him before we did? He is a prototype linemen for us and he's a legacy kid from our last championship team. Get him on board! This guy would be a huge pickup

Because he is a west coast player :dunno:

I would expect coaches have a better feel for players in their region

From 2011, SB Packers O-line during lockout getting in a workout @ Granzow's M.A.D. Sports Training

full_5514.jpg

Chad Clifton (2nd from L), Scott Wells (4th from R), and Judd (far right)

Reactions: 4 people
Sorry guys, that was oozing with blue font. Making fun of the poster who once said that.

Side note, I am obviously still too anonymous a poster, and this is a perfect reason why I can't make one of Flowds lists.

(Hangs head in shame, and slowly walks away.)

Reactions: 5 people
This kid is a stud. One of the first plays on the highlights film he blew a kid 25 yards backwards. Pancake blocks too. Come east young man.

Talented offensive lineman Kanan Ray has been piling up the offers in the last week and has now hit double digits. While all offers are big, Ray's offer from Tennessee had special meaning to him.

"Tennessee is my dream school," Ray said. "I have a ton of family there and I've been a fan since day 1. My mom and I were born in California but my dad and sister were born in Tennessee so I grew up rooting for the Vols.

"My first outfit was a Tennessee onezie and we used to go back and visit every two or three years. I'm definitely going to visit the campus and check things out. I don't have a date set or anything but I'm really looking forward to getting out there."
-Scout.

Reactions: 10 people
Sorry guys, that was oozing with blue font. Making fun of the poster who once said that.

Side note, I am obviously still too anonymous a poster, and this is a perfect reason why I can't make one of Flowds lists.

It's okay big guy. Come on. Hug it out.
giphy.gif

Reactions: 6 people

I'm still keeping the gif up there because it's funny.

“it was my dream school,” said ray, who has racked up 11 of his 12 offers within the past two weeks. “all my family’s from there. My first outfit as a kid was a tennessee onesie, so it’s always been a dream of mine. I claim i’m the biggest tennessee fan in california, so it was huge for me. It was a childhood dream.”

“oh, my god. It was crazy. I was in tears,” ray said. “i remember being a little kid on the playground, imagining i was playing for the university of tennessee. And to finally get that, it was like all my hard work and my dreams. It was a dream come true, so i couldn’t do anything, really, but cry.”

“it’s obviously something to think about — that it’s far away — but it’s kind of been my dream. And i still have family there, so it’s not like i’m really going too far away from home.”

Reactions: 27 people

VN Store

Back