'17 CA OL Kanan Ray

Not to be a Richard, but how is a 4 star legacy just now getting a thread? We have 2017 threads going back as far as 2014. Guess I can't complain since I had never heard of him either.

Kanan Ray, I can hear Kesling now

"GOD IS GOOD," Ray tweeted. "Blessed to say I received an Offer from my childhood dream school, the University of Tennessee #GoVols."

Want

Not to be a Richard, but how is a 4 star legacy just now getting a thread? We have 2017 threads going back as far as 2014. Guess I can't complain since I had never heard of him either.

How is a kid that is all-state in CA not rated by the recruiting services? No camps? Unacceptable IMO.

Jan 19, 2016
In November, the 6-foot-4 270-pounder picked up his first scholarship offer.

Oregon, Oregon State, San Diego State, San Jose State and Utah are also showing heavy interest, he said.

“They definitely like my size and my frame and how athletic I am for a lineman,” Ray said. “I never really played line growing up. I was a linebacker, then in high school I put weight on, but I stayed athletic. The coaches say they like how I finish plays until the whistle and how I put my dude on his back and I’m always getting after it. They say I use my feet well and move really well for my size.”

Location isn’t too much of a factor for Ray, neither is playing style. What will ultimately win him over to a certain program is the relationship he has with its coaches.

“I’m looking for a place where I can fit in with the coaches well and be comfortable,” Ray said. “Before I make a decision anywhere, I’m going to have to step on the campus and make a good feel for it. I don’t want to go in not knowing how I feel for it. As soon as I get there and get a feel for it, I’ll know where I’m going.”

“I’m really hoping I get an offer from Oregon,” Ray said. “Oregon definitely, but really I’m looking at pretty much every Pac-12 school. The University of Tennessee, they haven’t been in contact with me, but I’d love to get an offer from there. I’ve followed them my whole life, my uncle played there. I’m open to everything now but an Oregon offer would be huge.” - L Wright

Reactions: 4 people
Ray.jpg

No idea who the uncle is. I looked at the roster from '98 and didn't see anyone with the last name of Ray so the uncle must be on his mothers side.

Sounds like Uncle Judd may big a big reason for the jump in talent in the middle TN area....BA especially.

Backed up raynoch Thompson and played quite a bit. Can't believe this is the first I've heard of him.

Somebody said Uncle Judd earlier and I thought that they were just messin' around.

Backed up raynoch Thompson and played quite a bit. Can't believe this is the first I've heard of him.

Yep. Saw that he was Raynoch's back up. I didn't remember him. Only played two seasons at UT.

Judd Granzow, LB - Granada Hills, Calif. (Lettered 1998, 99)

Year G UT AT TT SCK TFL FF FR PBU
1998 12 21 12 33 - 3 1 - -
1999 10 10 3 13 1 - - - 1
+-----------------------------------------------+
Totals 22 31 15 46 1 3 1 - 1

I actually remember the name, but I could not have told you what position he played. But that makes Kanan Ray a legacy, for sure, and we have had very good luck with our legacies so far :)

VN Store

Back