'16 TN WR AJ Morris

After spending his sophomore season at Lancaster Academy in Smyrna 2016 wide receiver A.J. Morris is back at Pearl-Cohn in Nashville, where he spent his freshman season. Morris is a top prospect in the state in 2016. Even with a transfer under his belt, Morris has been concentrating on getting better.

"I've just been focusing on getting better and working on my craft. Right now I'm just working on getting better," Morris said. Morris already has offers from Tennessee and UCLA and said there is something special about Tennessee. "It's kind of special that they are my first offer," Morris said. "Right now, I really like them. I have that feeling about them, like when you get your first car. It's a special feeling I have for them."

Other teams have begun to recruit Morris lately, including Alabama who came to see him in the fall.

-PFort

Reactions: 5 people
So where is this kid at? The quotes say "back at Pearl-Cohn" after transferring from Lancaster (where 247 lists him at). But Rivals shows him at Oakland High in the boro. That Oakland team is boss.

WOuld be sweet to go ahead and add him and Gooden soon. Is Morris coming to Junior day? 247 doesn't list him... yet.

What ever happened to this kid? He was all the rage on this board back in '13

I believe someone said he now plays LB instead of WR. I remember him showing out at UTs camp on offense and getting an offer. As a LB, doesn't seem to be much chance he's a Vol.

Last edited:
What ever happened to this kid? He was all the rage on this board back in '13

He's one of those guys that was physically more advanced than his peers so he got noticed early. He was also a pretty physical player for a guy his age. I think he would make a better LB than WR.

VN Store

Back