'16 TN F John Fulkerson (UT commit 11/6/15)

@coreyevans_10: Motor out of John Fulkerson is no joke. Tennessee found itself an instant competitor willing to take care of any of the dirty work.

@KyleEllisWV: John Fulkerson of Christ School is a player that can take control of the game at any given moment. The Tennessee commit is the real deal.

Fulk turning heads early in the season..,

In walks John Fulkerson (pictured above) with a chip on his shoulder the size of the Appalachian Mountains. The 6-foot-7 forward has a motor that never turns off and it allows for the future Tennessee Volunteer to produce in any given affair.

The lefty will have to put on some muscle mass in the coming years in order to finish better amidst contact and handle physicality within the SEC appropriately, but because of the senior’s toughness, Fulkerson doesn’t back down from anyone on the hardwood and is able to fill up the stat sheet because of it.

In two games this past weekend, Fulkerson may just have been the most entertaining ballplayer because of the way he exchanged ends, blocked shots in and out of his area, led the break, and skied for massive dunks in traffic.

He is deceptively skilled where he can create for himself off of the face-up from the high-post area but can also pass it himself on kick-outs off the hard slice to the basket. By implementing a sturdier right hand, the SEC recruit should see his numbers skyrocket yet regardless, Fulkerson is an immediate energy-giver in Knoxville and someone that will become a fan favorite for Vols fans right out of the games.

Reactions: 2 people
Sounds like a solid pickup. Would love to see him end in the top 80-100. That is, if the rankings get an update.

John Fulkerson emerged as one of the top overall players from this weekend’s National Showcase. Dunk after dunk, play after play, Fulkerson was absolutely phenomenal. Whenever he stepped foot on the floor, the Tennessee commit was continuously on the verge of putting someone on a poster. Fulkerson’s high basketball IQ and electric energy led to several explosive dunks throughout the course of the event. In game #1 against 22 Feet Academy, this stud nearly posted a double-double, finishing with 14 points and 8 manly rebounds. After watching him compete this summer, it was apparent to us this kid is only going to get better. He looked stronger, more determined, and elite compared to the rest of the competition. Defensively, Fulkerson was a monster.
Phenom National Showcase All-Showcase Team

...John Fulkerson was on a mission this weekend to prove he is force in the paint. Fulkerson might be a little skinny for a big man, but what he lacks in weight he doesn’t in effort and aggressiveness. Fulkerson is very active and he is always moving to get open. He has an interesting game because he is able to put it on the floor and attack the basket at his size. With his underrated athleticism and motor Fulkerson looks like a steal for Tennessee.
https://makeplayz.com/standout-players-in-the-phenom-national-showcase/

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
But He is just a 3 star!!!! It does not matter to some that he plays against 4 & 5 stars and out plays them. All they are about is the star power. That said, I believe he will be a 4 star before the end of the year.

So that whole this kids not athletic thing is out the door now right? Cause for a white boy he was up there a little bit.

Either I'm seeing things, or I can't find it. So, I guess you can say i was lying, don't know how a person can lie on accident, but oh well. So be it.

VN Store

Back