'16 TN F John Fulkerson (UT commit 11/6/15)

Not out of the question he might have to play the 5

Seems to me he is the only signee we have right now that can do that.

He and Alexander will have to split minutes baring another signee or kasongo playing the 5. He seems more of a 4 to me at this point

Kasongo and Alexander are better suited to play the 5 IMO, Fulkerson is better suited to play the 4 IMO, not to say they can't play the other spot, but I think that's their better positions. Fernando is a true 5, landing him would possibly change the situation a bit and allow them to try and do some things with Alexander's game and develop him into a bit of a 4/5 hybrid.

Sounds about right. Johnson will be the only one. Imo Williams is the most physically ready. Parker is too good of an athlete to not at least see if he's an instant impact guy. And like we already said Fulk does too many things we need right now.

For sure having Turner next yr, if Parker shows he has the handle to run some point, would you move Bone up that order any?

It's possible, I think Turner is your starting PG, could depend on guys like Phillips and Mostella as well.

Kasongo and Alexander are better suited to play the 5 IMO, Fulkerson is better suited to play the 4 IMO, not to say they can't play the other spot, but I think that's their better positions. Fernando is a true 5, landing him would possibly change the situation a bit and allow them to try and do some things with Alexander's game and develop him into a bit of a 4/5 hybrid.

I can buy that

Alexander seems to be the only true 5 to me and he has a long way to go

Next year looks extremely bleak to me

Not out of the question he might have to play the 5

Seems to me he is the only signee we have right now that can do that.

Not entirely sure even if he puts on the 15-25 pounds that he should be playing the five. He is listed anywhere from 67"-6'9", so im going to assume he is closer to 6'7". While is quick, can rebound and shot block, I wouldn't feel comfortable with him guarding anyone over 230 pounds. You don't want a impact player getting in early foul trouble. I see him as a 3, 4 with the ability to stretch the floor.

Not entirely sure even if he puts on the 15-25 pounds that he should be playing the five. He is listed anywhere from 67"-6'9", so im going to assume he is closer to 6'7". While is quick, can rebound and shot block, I wouldn't feel comfortable with him guarding anyone over 230 pounds. You don't want a impact player getting in early foul trouble. I see him as a 3, 4 with the ability to stretch the floor.

Not saying he is suited to play the 5 but due to the roster may have to play it

Just like moore has played it a little this year. I am hoping for more of that as well

Last edited:

Not sure I don't agree with you, but on the flip side, with his quickness and ability to play the perimeter 5s would struggle to guard him too wouldn't they?

Not sure I don't agree with you, but on the flip side, with his quickness and ability to play the perimeter 5s would struggle to guard him too wouldn't they?

Excellent point. Besides if our opponent has a lumbering big, with the style of basketball we want to play, it would be difficult for them to get up and down the floor with the likes of a Fulkerson who can run the floor.

I have big hopes for next year. We will be young, but I believe we end the season ranked, and a lock for the tourney.

I can buy that

Alexander seems to be the only true 5 to me and he has a long way to go

Next year looks extremely bleak to me

I think we are a good post player away from being a NCAAT team next season, but currently the gap between where we are and a good post player is huge.

It's possible. Bone,Parker,Johnson, hubbs, mostella, turner is a pretty good team there. If we add Bruno? Yikes. Could be some trouble next year.

How much trouble is auburn is year? Just because you have some top 100 and 150 guys doesn't mean anything, there is a huge difference between the freshman Duke and Kentucky are getting and the kind most other schools get.

I think we are a good post player away from being a NCAAT team next season, but currently the gap between where we are and a good post player is huge.

Assuming we are to close that gap for a post player,which I agree is huge, I think those other players we will need to contribute are way way way to young and green to be a tourney team. Year 3 is the year we should start to talk about that IMO

Assuming we are to close that gap for a post player,which I agree is huge, I think those other players we will need to contribute are way way way to young and green to be a tourney team. Year 3 is the year we should start to talk about that IMO

It's certainly possible we could be a tournament team. Is it likely? no. If you listen to Barnes press conference from yesterday he talks about how in the early 2000s he had a team full of seniors and ended up playing a bunch of freshman that were key parts to a Final Four team that year instead of the seniors.

I think having Turner is gone be huge, I could be mistaken, but IMO he's gonna open a lot of eyes next year. The fact he's been able to practice and go against KP every day is huge, add in the fact that he's had a year in the weight room and physically he also should be ready.

I like what you can get out of the 2 spot, whether it's Bone/Mostella/Parker/Phillips/Johnson there is some talent there no doubt, a huge game changer for next year could be Mostella somehow finding a way to break through.

Hubbs is almost there, I hope the surgery doesn't set him back but it doesn't sound like it should. He's or most consistent player, and if it wasn't for Moore & Punter taking majority of shots he's likely close to a 20ppg guy right now. He still has room to develop obviously, but I like what I'm seeing from Hubbs under Barnes.

So it could be a RS freshman Turner, Junior Mostella, senior Hubbs starting 1-3, I don't feel that's all that young.

How much trouble is auburn is year? Just because you have some top 100 and 150 guys doesn't mean anything, there is a huge difference between the freshman Duke and Kentucky are getting and the kind most other schools get.

True. But, imo Parker is an impact player. A lineup of
Turner/Parker/hubbs/Williams(admiral )/kasongo certainly is good enough to compete night in, and night out, right? If this was a week ago, I'd say there's no way in hell we make the tourney next year. But there's something about the way Barnes acted in his presser, that gave me confidence.

True. But, imo Parker is an impact player. A lineup of
Turner/Parker/hubbs/Williams(admiral )/kasongo certainly is good enough to compete night in, and night out, right? If this was a week ago, I'd say there's no way in hell we make the tourney next year. But there's something about the way Barnes acted in his presser, that gave me confidence.

What makes you think Parker is an impact player day 1? All we've seen are highlights of him dunking.

Reactions: 1 person
I think having Turner is gone be huge, I could be mistaken, but IMO he's gonna open a lot of eyes next year. The fact he's been able to practice and go against KP every day is huge, add in the fact that he's had a year in the weight room and physically he also should be ready.

I like what you can get out of the 2 spot, whether it's Bone/Mostella/Parker/Phillips/Johnson there is some talent there no doubt, a huge game changer for next year could be Mostella somehow finding a way to break through.

Hubbs is almost there, I hope the surgery doesn't set him back but it doesn't sound like it should. He's or most consistent player, and if it wasn't for Moore & Punter taking majority of shots he's likely close to a 20ppg guy right now. He still has room to develop obviously, but I like what I'm seeing from Hubbs under Barnes.

So it could be a RS freshman Turner, Junior Mostella, senior Hubbs starting 1-3, I don't feel that's all that young.

That's Putting a lot on turner. I do agree him being here a year will help for sure but still no game time(unless cleared) will stunt his development some.

Last game you were posting that you were done with Mostella so not sure why you expect much there now

Yes hubbs will be a really nice player it seems

I just see losing way way way to much scoring to expect anything but a drop off from a group of talented yet raw players coming in. They aren't ready made to win IMO

That's Putting a lot on turner. I do agree him being here a year will help for sure but still no game time(unless cleared) will stunt his development some.

Last game you were posting that you were done with Mostella so not sure why you expect much there now

Yes hubbs will be a really nice player it seems

I just see losing way way way to much scoring to expect anything but a drop off from a group of talented yet raw players coming in. They aren't ready made to win IMO

It seems that mostella played harder than the announcers made it seem. Atleast that's what I took from Barnes presser.

VN Store

Back