'16 TN F John Fulkerson (UT commit 11/6/15)

I can judge them both for where they are exactly right now. That was the point. One stock is rising and one is falling. I am not particularly fond of Either

Well, that's ignorant, but whatever.

To refine your silly stock market analogy, it's more like comparing an unreleased IPO from Company X (Tennessee w/CRB) to an established company's (Cal w/Zo) stock that hasn't really taken off, but shows promise.

In other words, you don't know what to expect from Barnes, but you just assume it will be bad.

Reactions: 1 person
Well, that's ignorant, but whatever.

To refine your silly stock market analogy, it's more like comparing an unreleased IPO from Company X (Tennessee w/CRB) to an established company's (Cal w/Zo) stock that hasn't really taken off, but shows promise.

In other words, you don't know what to expect from Barnes, but you just assume it will be bad.

Fair enough. Time will tell. Hope I am proven wrong

He is an instate prospect who can do a little bit of everything for the team and should be a solid player in CRB's system.

JohnMcA60 already stole a lot of my thunder, but did very well in doing so, but your follow-up argument almost works against itself.

You seem to making a case for Cuonzo Martin now, but I'd be curious where you stood on him on the night of February 22nd, 2014. Tennessee had just lost in OT to a Texas A&M team that would finish 2 games over .500, and Tennessee sat at 16-11 (7-7 in SEC). Our NCAA tournament hopes were very much on life support before the loss, and that game was a killer.

You know the rest of the story. Tennessee went on to win their next 5 games against a good Missouri team at home and then 4 of the bottom 5 teams in the SEC standings before losing to Florida in the SEC tournament. If Tennessee loses one of those games, they don't make the play-in game of the NCAA tournament, and Zo is 0-3 in that regard despite having at least 3 NBA players on his roster.

You're making a case for a coach who made the NCAA tournament one time in three years by the slimmest of margins as some sort of predictor of his future. The same man who had lost nearly all fan, booster, and administration's faith just a month earlier. Yet, Barnes, who finished his career at Texas having missed the NCAA tournament once in 17 years has to prove himself to you.

So set the record straight for me; you'd take the Cuonzo Martin of April 2014 over the Rick Barnes of April 2015? Is that correct?
Sorry :)

Jerry Meyer of 247 compared him Fulkerson to former Duke player Ryan Kelly, he did add obviously he's not as good, but said that's the type of player he is for those who remember Kelly.

And I'm the white 5'10 pre-injury Derrick Rose. Come on Rick. GIMME A SHOT.

It's called reloading? You make a S16 and you were losing 3 seniors and a junior to the NBA. I'm not going to argue about a "has been" recruiting class, and I know your opinion of Cuonzo's recruiting. It takes time to develop players.. Josh was not a good offensive player his freshmen or his sophomore year. The potential was there but he had to develop into a player. Cmon now. You know that..

That's rebuilding not reloading......reloading is having players ready to step in and perform at a level similar to the guys they are replacing....waiting on freshman to mature would have gotten him fired before he saw the fruits of their progress....I hope Barnes builds a solid program which will mean we are able to reload year after year with the potential of greatness out there. That is what he was able to do at Texas....It got frustrating to the Texas faithful bc the greatness never came during his later years at Texas.

Wow, that's a crappy reason to drop someone.

Well it's also happened in football to Carlin Fils-Aime, and he is looking like an absolute stud in his senior season. The high school basketball season is still young, and Parker's rating may very well go back up.

Watched about 2 minutes of Fulk's first game last night, he played sparingly it sounded like as they demolished their opponent. In the time I saw he had 2 rebounds and a block, took one shot and one free throw, made both so 3 points.

His basket was very impressive, I know, cool story bro stuff, but I assure you I apparently just tuned in at the right time. He grabbed a defensive rebound and took off on the break, about mid court had a defender come up, dribbled around his back with his off hand, drove the lane and was fouled as he layed the finger roll off the glass with his left hand. Announces which are students that apparently do all their games were raving saying they never saw that from him last season, finished with 18pts I just saw, don't have his block or rebound numbers, thought I would share.

Watched about 2 minutes of Fulk's first game last night, he played sparingly it sounded like as they demolished their opponent. In the time I saw he had 2 rebounds and a block, took one shot and one free throw, made both so 3 points.

His basket was very impressive, I know, cool story bro stuff, but I assure you I apparently just tuned in at the right time. He grabbed a defensive rebound and took off on the break, about mid court had a defender come up, dribbled around his back with his off hand, drove the lane and was fouled as he layed the finger roll off the glass with his left hand. Announces which are students that apparently do all their games were raving saying they never saw that from him last season, finished with 18pts I just saw, don't have his block or rebound numbers, thought I would share.

How did you watch it? Do they stream? I think they play Jordan Bowden's team this week.

VN Store

Back