'16 TN F John Fulkerson (UT commit 11/6/15)

My main point was that he knows what winning talent looks like on a stage that's bigger than the SEC. So for now at least, if he thinks a guy is good enough to deserve an offer then I'll roll with that. Unless he doesn't improve our roster and ends up with numerous scouting misses, he's earned that IMO.

I am good with that.

For the record I think Barnes is a hell of a recruiter

It's the on the Court coaching that worries me greatly

Reactions: 1 person
Great news

Were they highly sought after or diamonds in the rough??

Tucker was #107 on Rivals and had offers from Clemson, West Virginia, UNC Greensboro, and Richmond. Pittman was #150 on Rivals and his only other offers were Arizona State and A&M.

@JamieShaw5: 6'8 2016 John Fulkerson finished with 23 Points and 9 blocked shots. Expect recruitment to take another step...#PhenomHavoc"

And fwiw Jamie Shaw is as tuned into NC/SC hoops as anyone

@JamieShaw5: 6'8 2016 John Fulkerson finished with 23 Points and 9 blocked shots. Expect recruitment to take another step...#PhenomHavoc"

And fwiw Jamie Shaw is as tuned into NC/SC hoops as anyone

BTO

There still big aau events going on??

That were this was??

@JamieShaw5: Fulkerson had Buzz Williams(Virginia Tech), Frank Martin(South Carolina), & UNC watching him tonight along with App St & Evansville"

Yes, this week/weekend is the last evaluation period, basically the last big AAU weekend, Fulkerson is at the Phenom Havoc event.

Thanks

I would assume after this weekend any school that is going to offer in this first early signing wave would do so relatively soon.

Thanks

I would assume after this weekend any school that is going to offer in this first early signing wave would do so relatively soon.

Possibly, also possible he's a guy that say Virginia Tech has on their board, but will wait to offer until they know the destination of 1-2 other guys first, so it may not be quite that simple as knowing his final offer list 1 week from now. Regardless, him having those schools watching and putting up those numbers yesterday is very impressive.

Possibly, also possible he's a guy that say Virginia Tech has on their board, but will wait to offer until they know the destination of 1-2 other guys first, so it may not be quite that simple as knowing his final offer list 1 week from now. Regardless, him having those schools watching and putting up those numbers yesterday is very impressive.

Yes I agree. I probably should have said if he is in the PLan A category for schools the offers would come very soon. Still could be a backup plan and get offers before the signing period later this fall

Yes I agree. I probably should have said if he is in the PLan A category for schools the offers would come very soon. Still could be a backup plan and get offers before the signing period later this fall

Yup absolutely, nothing wrong with that at all.

Especially since it seems he wasn't on anybodies board at all a few months ago

That's what doing a prep year will do for a guy, he was reportedly about 165lbs last year, doing a prep year will not only allow him to further develop his game but also add that extra weight to get him up to the 185-190 range he needs to be at entering college.

Any highlight videos?
I got you CA.

John Fulkerson's Men's Basketball Recruiting Profile

^ North Carolina sports site has a 2:30 video.

Fulkerson reminds me of the type of player Vanderbilt would go after and every year you go "wow this guy isn't bad, where'd he come from". Fulkerson has a nice shot, pretty good athletic ability for a guy his size, can stretch the floor with his length but is still working on his perimeter shot. A pretty solid "glue guy".

@JamieShaw5: Rick Barnes, Frank Martin, Buzz Williams, Mark Price, FGCU, UNC, Middle Tennessee, etc...all front & center for John Fulkerson
#PhenomHavoc"

@KyleEllisWV: Tennessee HC Rick Barnes is in attendance watching John Fulkerson & the Tennessee Bobcats take on Team United. http://t.co/JNbskHpT9m

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back