'16 TN ATH Gabe Angel

“I just get positive vibes every time I’m up here,” Angel told InsideTennessee. “Coach (Butch) Jones, he’s turning it around. They have a lot going for them. It’s a good place, man.”

“It was good. The offense did really well. I loved seeing that. They looked crisp. The early enrollees, especially,” Angel told IT. “Josh and Jalen, they did really, really well.”

“It just lets you know you can come here and make an impact immediately. That’s a really good thing about Tennessee,” Angel said. “I love watching those players from Tennessee, you know those guys right here from home, make an impact.”

-scout

UT is recruiting him as an ath still. Unsure if he would be a LB or TE here, but is open to both.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
"I still hear from Tennessee, Ole Miss, and Kentucky the most," Angel said. "I would put Vandy up there too. Mississippi State contacts a lot too, but I am getting a lot of new interest. Schools like Florida State and Georgia. They are showing me a lot of interest. Notre Dame has been contacting me a lot too."

"The tight end coach at Tennessee, Mark Elder, I have been building a relationship with him since the end of my freshman year. I also talk to coach (Butch) Jones a lot. They did a really good job in last year's recruiting class, and it looks like they are putting together another nice class. I think you will start seeing them to turn it around on the field this season. I do not know when it is going to happen but it will. Tennessee being the home team; I just like that. Same goes for Vandy."
-Scout

Reactions: 1 person
lol.....took you long enough

j/k dude. I'm sure others haven't figured it out yet either.

Sometimes i'm eat up with a case of the Jimmy-Hyams...

artworks-000059262604-dxscuh-crop.jpg

He is also one of my biggest wants for 2016. If we do miss, it won't break us though with Wolf, Helm, and Creamer as freshmen this year and Oliver coming in next my year.

I've watched this guy play at a scrimmage at CHS and he is no joke. He was obviously the best athlete on the field and could be a mismatch at tight end in college. From people I've talked to he is also coming off of a knee surgery from the summer, so he isn't even 100%. Apparently he is pretty quiet about his recruitment but from the VQ quotes it's looking good for UT.

I know family well, and his father coached me in high school.
I've been told he's leaning toward Ole Miss, but there's still a lot of time left in his recruitment.

Ole Miss is quickly rising to third on my most hated list. Right behind Alabama and Florida in that order.

1. Alabama

2. Florida

3. Georgia

Piss on everyone else.

Georgia is right there with Ole Miss. So is Vanderbilt. The next few spots after those three, Alabama, and Florida, consist of out of conference teams. Ohio State, Notre Dame, and Texas are just a few in that category.

VN Store

Back