'16 TN ATH Gabe Angel

Sean Williams
‏@SeanW_Rivals
Cookeville (Tn) '16 TE Gabe Angel scored 3 TD's tonight via rushing, receiving, and INT ret @Flyest_Angel_7

Reactions: 2 people
He has a big game Friday night against my alma mater Rhea County. Both 5-0. Both with stout defense. Two of the best teams in their area. Should be great game to watch.

Four-star junior tight end*Gabe Angel*of Cookeville (Tenn.) High School told GoVols247 on Thursday night that he's planning to visit Tennessee on Saturday for its home game against Florida.

The 6-foot-3, 212-pound Angel has visited the Vols numerous times, most recently for their "Orange Carpet Day" in June. He claims scholarship offers from Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, LSU, Mississippi State, Kentucky and North Carolina.

Reactions: 3 people
He has a big game Friday night against my alma mater Rhea County. Both 5-0. Both with stout defense. Two of the best teams in their area. Should be great game to watch.

Rhea county was the first playoff game I played in my freshman year... We got handled.

HAHA Yep Vandy fans new favorite team is Ole Miss. They have jumped on that bandwagon very quickly.

Really are... I've seen several so called vandy fans all of a sudden the last 3 years then now those same people are posting pics of themselves in ole miss gear saying Hotty Toddy... Nothing irritates me more than a bandwagon fan or a fan that claims 3-4 teams in same sport.

Reactions: 2 people
Really are... I've seen several so called vandy fans all of a sudden the last 3 years then now those same people are posting pics of themselves in ole miss gear saying Hotty Toddy... Nothing irritates me more than a bandwagon fan or a fan that claims 3-4 teams in same sport.

Yep no doubt. That describes a lot of Nashville area "sports fans" in general to be honest.

I live in Nashville as well and I see even more sickening things like dual-sided car stickers with a Bama helmet on one side and a UT helmet on the other facing each other. From Nashville to Brentwood I see about 50/50 Bama and UT. It's gross.

From Rivals:

Cookeville, Tenn., tight end Gabe Angel, a Rivals250 Class of '16 standout, is also expected in town. Ole Miss appears to be at or near the very top of his list of suitors. Angel has been a frequent visitor to Ole Miss since Hugh Freeze arrived in 2012.

Not a good loss but with brooks being pretty interested then I'm not too worried about him leaving. Still would've liked to keep him but can't get them all.

Why the f do we keep losing recruits to Ole Miss? What's the draw of playing in or living in Mississippi for 3, 4, or 5 years?

Why the f do we keep losing recruits to Ole Miss? What's the draw of playing in or living in Mississippi for 3, 4, or 5 years?

Ole Miss is winning. Freeze is a great recruiter. Looks to be a good coach. Ole Miss can get a kid to the NFL just as easy as anyone else in the SEC can. While I am biased as a UT fan, I don't find it surprising that Tennessee is not for every recruit.

VN Store

Back