'15 TX QB Quinten Dormady (UT Commit 6/9/14)

Not sure if this was mentioned but I believe he was bumped to a 4 star on 247 two days ago.

He is currently ranked #173 overall and the #5 Pro-Style QB by 247, making him the top uncommitted pro-style QB left in the '15 class.

Props to Leb for being up on this guy early. I guess all that free time pays off! I like this kid a lot. He's behind Gibson and Francois for me, but not too far.

Ehh, maybe. They did alright last year, but just too much up and down. They go beat by LSU by 10, Oklahoma by 2, Baylor by 2, KState by 3. Could go either way I guess.

We barely lost to Vandy and UGA. Could have easily been 7-5. I agree though. I know what you're saying. I don't see TCU doing much in the Big 12 either.

Guy on 247 knows his parents...

Just got off the phone with his dad (his dad is the Boerne High School football coach). I talked to his mom for a long time at the store recently. His mom said there is something special about this staff at TN. Dad loves the way accuracy is important and loved what the coaches had to say.
I think we have a very good shot at Dormady.
The kid is 6'4" 210 and still growing...fast. He will play (I hope) at TN at 6"5"-6"6" and 230. The kid has a rocket and is accurate as hell. He has also grown into his body in the last year and gotten far more mobile.
With the receivers we have, do we need a scrambling QB in the next three years or a guy that can hit uber-talented receivers and pick up 5-7 when we need it?
My son played receiver for Q two years ago. Their 70n7 team humiliated much more highly ranked teams.
The most important quality is his ability to make throws under pressure. He is lighting it up for visiting coaches.

Text five minutes ago from Q's dad:
What is GBO?
My response:
GO BIG ORANGE!!! I haven't been this excited since my wedding night!! I took Tracy and Jax to their first Vols game in 2005...I think was the year. 109,000 SCREAMIN TENNESSEANS!! We won last minute on a 52 yard field goal. Tracy grabbed me, scared the stadium would collapse. Her comment, after being a Texas grad and many Texas games, was OMG!! That is like a professional stadium.
Please remind Q that the largest contingent of fighters at The Alamo were Tennesseans.
GBO!!

Texans love Tennessee. I had some come to my work the other day and they raved about Tennessee when I told them that's where I'm from.

Yeah I see that now, my bad. Had a lot of interest with Texas and Penn State before his injury.

We have Jennings. I'd prefer a kid who is more of a passer vs an ATH for the 2nd guy. This kid fits the bill. IF Gibson ends up in Orange, just have to hope his passing skills progress. With Riley out, quick development for the kids coming in will be key.

I agree with this, practically the same type player, so unless they're both OK with playing another position, no need to bring in Gibson for a qb spot.

Guy on 247 knows his parents...

Just got off the phone with his dad (his dad is the Boerne High School football coach). I talked to his mom for a long time at the store recently. His mom said there is something special about this staff at TN. Dad loves the way accuracy is important and loved what the coaches had to say.
I think we have a very good shot at Dormady.
The kid is 6'4" 210 and still growing...fast. He will play (I hope) at TN at 6"5"-6"6" and 230. The kid has a rocket and is accurate as hell. He has also grown into his body in the last year and gotten far more mobile.
With the receivers we have, do we need a scrambling QB in the next three years or a guy that can hit uber-talented receivers and pick up 5-7 when we need it?
My son played receiver for Q two years ago. Their 70n7 team humiliated much more highly ranked teams.
The most important quality is his ability to make throws under pressure. He is lighting it up for visiting coaches.

Text five minutes ago from Q's dad:
What is GBO?
My response:
GO BIG ORANGE!!! I haven't been this excited since my wedding night!! I took Tracy and Jax to their first Vols game in 2005...I think was the year. 109,000 SCREAMIN TENNESSEANS!! We won last minute on a 52 yard field goal. Tracy grabbed me, scared the stadium would collapse. Her comment, after being a Texas grad and many Texas games, was OMG!! That is like a professional stadium.
Please remind Q that the largest contingent of fighters at The Alamo were Tennesseans.
GBO!!

:good!:

the hudl film is very impressive. Being a coach's son is also a bonus as he's undoubtedly been a student of the game.

Didn't stop all the other sites from rating him high. Rivals is the only one with the 2*. Weird

247 has him the #5 PRO style QB in the country. Might be the largest gap between sites I've ever seen lol

I actually found his film to be quite average (Not that my expert opinion matters). I say we go all in on TG or bust. I thought Nathan Peterman's film was better that this kid's.

I actually found his film to be quite average (Not that my expert opinion matters). I say we go all in on TG or bust. I thought Nathan Peterman's film was better that this kid's.

Good thing you don't coach lol

Just kidding around but I thought it was nice. He was just a sophomore then too.

Reactions: 2 people
You watched a sophomore sling it, not bad if you ask me. All the fundamentals are there. Dad is also the head coach. Kid has huge upside and would not be surprised if he ends up a composite 4 star soon. I know the ESPN guys nearly stuck him in the ESPN 300 despite missing his junior year, so obviously a lot of talent evaluators (ours included) see a really high ceiling with this kid. I know I see it.

PS whomever asked about the injury, yes it was a torn labrum. Dr. James Andrews did him up so you know he had the best doctor available. Personally I'm all for taking this kid in this class.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back