'15 TX QB Quinten Dormady (UT Commit 6/9/14)

I agree about taking a second QB. Its just how do you know that any QB we are recruiting would come in and start from day 1? Also given CBJ offensive scheme, wouldn't a guy who could run the read option like a dream be the better choice?

Don't care who we get they aren't beating Dobbs out Next year. That kid works his butt off and will continue to get better.

I agree about taking a second QB. Its just how do you know that any QB we are recruiting would come in and start from day 1? Also given CBJ offensive scheme, wouldn't a guy who could run the read option like a dream be the better choice?

Read-option does not equate the need of a run first QB. We need a QB that can keep the defense honest, but as I said that only comes out to around 5 rushes a game. We run a read-option but the ball is designed to go to the RB the vast majority of the time.

I don't want any of the possible QB's we take this year starting, there is history behind kids that start their true-freshman year being stunted the rest of their career. This would be even more true for a QB like Gibson whom would make bad habits his first year -scrambling too much- that would be hard to break through the rest of his career.

Reactions: 3 people
Killer sophomore film.. Can't wait to see his senior tape.

I saw where he went to dr Andrews down in Pensacola for treatment and has always been ahead of schedule with his recovery, so hopefully he will heal up nicely without anything lingering in that throwing shoulder.

Read-option does not equate the need of a run first QB. We need a QB that can keep the defense honest, but as I said that only comes out to around 5 rushes a game. We run a read-option but the ball is designed to go to the RB the vast majority of the time.

I don't want any of the possible QB's we take this year starting, there is history behind kids that start their true-freshman year being stunted the rest of their career. This would be even more true for a QB like Gibson whom would make bad habits his first year -scrambling too much- that would be hard to break through the rest of his career.

No need at all for the read option if there's only one option.. Look at the teams that run it and are successful.

No need at all for the read option if there's only one option.. Look at the teams that run it and are successful.

Look at CBJ's teams of the past and you'll see I'm right. QB needs to be athletic enough to keep the ball maybe 5 times a game. The read-option is just the set that Butch likes to use.

I don't know what about this is so hard for y'all to understand. Just look at what CBJ has had his teams do before coming to UT, it would be good for some of you.

Reactions: 1 person
Look at CBJ's teams of the past and you'll see I'm right. QB needs to be athletic enough to keep the ball maybe 5 times a game. The read-option is just the set that Butch likes to use.

I don't know what about this is so hard for y'all to understand. Just look at what CBJ has had his teams do before coming to UT, it would be good for some of you.

I'm looking at what the top successful teams have done running the same or similar system. The ones that have been winning championships and what makes up their roster. Butch obviously couldn't recruit the type players he wanted at Cincinnati.. He can have whatever type QB he wants now.. He was working with what they had there..

This. Exactly what I'm thinking. I think Dungey would be the steal of the class if we could get him on this side of the country.

Dormandy may play against a higher level of competition though no?

I figured I'd provide some links for those that would like to read up on the things I'm saying.

[hyperlink]http://www.footballstudyhall.com/2013/8/17/4630390/so-youre-starting-a-true-freshman-quarterback[hyperlink]

And I wasn't able to find a direct link for the QB's rushing under CBJ except for individual wiki's that are poorly formatted, but with the exception of Lefeveor in 2007 his QB's stayed around 300-600 yards rushing. We aren't looking for a 1000 plus yard rusher at the position. Leave that to the RB's.

Alright, which few QBs do we have a legit shot at right now? Things seem to be heating up in a hurry. :popcorn:

I also like Dungey better. He is a mobile guy that makes things happens that is what we need for our offense.

See that's the thing. I think CBJ and Bajak like to mix in read option packages but their history point to preferring a strong passer that can also run.

This guy isn't unathletic at all. In fact, his shuttle time (4.15s SPARQ confirmed) is better than Gibson's (4.38s SPARQ).

For reference, Johnny Manziel ran a 4.03s shuttle and that's the 2nd fastest QB shuttle time since 2006.

Dormady's shuttle time compares favorably to Christian Ponder, Tyrod Taylor and Russel Wilson.

Except those guys were much older when they ran theirs. I don't know when Dormady's SPARQ figures were run but SPARQ has him at 6'4 and 210 with those times and that's pretty impressive.

Reactions: 2 people
Alright, which few QBs do we have a legit shot at right now? Things seem to be heating up in a hurry. :popcorn:

I'm guessing UT doesn't want to get jerked around by TG and then stood up at the alter come NSD when TG says he is deciding.

TG honestly isn't playing this right. Schools like to lock their QB in early, not on NSD. TG could mess around and dartboard Top 5 his way out of ideal schools.

This guy's tape from his Soph year is strong. Better natural passer without a doubt, IMAO.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm guessing UT doesn't want to get jerked around by TG and then stood up at the alter come NSD when TG says he is deciding.

TG honestly isn't playing this right. Schools like to lock their QB in early, not on NSD. TG could mess around and dartboard Top 5 his way out of ideal schools.

This guy's tape from his Soph year is strong. Better natural passer without a doubt, IMAO.

Yeah QB isn't a position that cant wait around til NSD like a LB or DB. They're just too few and far between elite QBs and they can make or real a class.. Idk who is advising TG, but he better hop on a bus before he's left with his 5th, 6th, 7th best option as the only that has room.

What happened in Cincy is irrelevant to what he is doing now. We ran the read option set quite a bit last year. A true DT QB like Gibson will keep the defense honest and lead to some huge plays. I still don't get why some people cannot understand why Gibson has been CBJ top priority for awhile.

See that's the thing. I think CBJ and Bajak like to mix in read option packages but their history point to preferring a strong passer that can also run.

This guy isn't unathletic at all. In fact, his shuttle time (4.15s SPARQ confirmed) is better than Gibson's (4.38s SPARQ).

For reference, Johnny Manziel ran a 4.03s shuttle and that's the 2nd fastest QB shuttle time since 2006.

Dormady's shuttle time compares favorably to Christian Ponder, Tyrod Taylor and Russel Wilson.

Except those guys were much older when they ran theirs. I don't know when Dormady's SPARQ figures were run but SPARQ has him at 6'4 and 210 with those times and that's pretty impressive.

What if Gibson improves his passing this year? Also CBJ was never in a position to attract 5* stud QBs like Gibson when he was at Cincy. So how do we ion he would not have liked a freakish athlete like Gibson?

What happened in Cincy is irrelevant to what he is doing now. We ran the read option set quite a bit last year. A true DT QB like Gibson will keep the defense honest and lead to some huge plays. I still don't get why some people cannot understand why Gibson has been CBJ top priority for awhile.

And look at the WRs we have coming in. You think Jones and Bajak are going to recruit all these guys to be lead blockers?

We'll run read-option but I don't think it'll be the primary.

I think we ran a good bit of RO because our WRs were shaky at best and we didn't have any valid TE options.

I think what we saw at the O&W game (in terms of how the offense was called and structured) is indicative of what Jones et al want from their offense. Strong passer with good mobility to run RO packages without having to change personnel.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back