'15 JUCO RB Alvin Kamara (UT commit 6/21/14)

As long as he's holding off we're good. If we keep playing well we'll force a big time back to come here. We're darkhorses for Kamara and D.Green. Plus we're in on Turman, Folston, and D.Williams(I'll believe he's a Vol when I see it though). Don't panic we're going to pull our a good back. And 2014 we're really going to punish on the recruiting trail.

I am still confident we will end up with two top SEC type RBs this year. We are still in the mix with Kamara, and Henry with Williams, Folston, and several others waiting in the wings. Personally, I continue to prefer Kamara and Henry, but we shall see.

mlsoft

Has it been confirmed whether Bama offered as WR or RB or athlete? Didn't our resident Bama fan day they were only recruiting as WR? If so, AK must be open to playing another position. I think he is a 3-down back all the way.

With Bama making AK's top 2, does anyone get the feeling that maybe AK is very receptive to the idea of playing WR at the next level? Just throwing this out there, because I really thought Bama didn't stand a chance with him, because I believe they were trying to recruit him as a WR (TW or someone, correct me if I am wrong). Maybe AK feels that he can be very successful as a WR and make it to the NFL at that position...if so, he probably knows that he will have a much longer career vs at RB, due to less wear and tear on his body. Just a thought...don't bash me, please!

JCLawyer, you were posting the same question as I had at the same time...great minds think alike.

SN: AK, if you really do want to play WR, then we need plenty of guys at that position, too. :)

Has it been confirmed whether Bama offered as WR or RB or athlete? Didn't our resident Bama fan day they were only recruiting as WR? If so, AK must be open to playing another position. I think he is a 3-down back all the way.

Highly doubt he'll sign with Bama to play WR when he could be a RB at UGA or UT. All we need to do is keep winning. We'll force him to want to play with his boy Croom. I'm not worried. I bet he comes on an unofficial to the Florida game too. I know he has a ride if he wants to. :)

I am still confident we will end up with two top SEC type RBs this year. We are still in the mix with Kamara, and Henry with Williams, Folston, and several others waiting in the wings. Personally, I continue to prefer Kamara and Henry, but we shall see.

mlsoft

I think D.Green is a guy we can pull. He's already giving us an official. Auburn is leading probably but coming to Neyland and watching us make big plays will do something to him. He's been to our campus more than once already. Plus we can push that we have a passing game to keep defenses off him unlike Aubbie. Green and Kamara would be my dream combo for this year.

Reactions: 1 person
Not sure where that came from but this I just read today.

per rivals

He also goes on to say that Oregon will definitly get an OV and that UA and UGA probably would as well depending on the timing. Also said once he is commited he will be solid but may still take all his OVs to enjoy the process.

It mentioned in the past he wanted to get a decision made right before or at the start of the season. Now it is later this month, or when the feeling occurs. However he delays in his mind is A-OK with me.

I am beginning to think that David Williams and Kamara are similar backs in the war room in Knoxville and the UT staff may be thinking that they take the first one to commit.

With Bama making AK's top 2, does anyone get the feeling that maybe AK is very receptive to the idea of playing WR at the next level? Just throwing this out there, because I really thought Bama didn't stand a chance with him, because I believe they were trying to recruit him as a WR (TW or someone, correct me if I am wrong). Maybe AK feels that he can be very successful as a WR and make it to the NFL at that position...if so, he probably knows that he will have a much longer career vs at RB, due to less wear and tear on his body. Just a thought...don't bash me, please!

Kamara is being recruited as an athlete right now. He could play slot or RB. Great hands but dangerous with the ball in his hands. Reminds me of Harvin. Not saying he will end up that good, just that type of player that no matter how you use him if he gets the ball he is dangerous.

JCLawyer, you were posting the same question as I had at the same time...great minds think alike.

SN: AK, if you really do want to play WR, then we need plenty of guys at that position, too. :)

Could someone please enlighten me as to WTH "SN" means?!?!?

I've seen BB and now original Baby Avi post this and I have no idea what it means....

I think D.Green is a guy we can pull. He's already giving us an official. Auburn is leading probably but coming to Neyland and watching us make big plays will do something to him. He's been to our campus more than once already. Plus we can push that we have a passing game to keep defenses off him unlike Aubbie. Green and Kamara would be my dream combo for this year.

Green is the RB I want, far and away over all the others, with Henry second.

If we pull either one, we're set. If we pull one + one of Kamara, Turman, Folston, Williams, Bryant, etc...

Chills.

This offense will be sick for 3-4 years running.

However, as I've mentioned before, it's troubling to me that we're only being mentioned as "in the running" and not the leader with several of he top backs.

We need good games by Lane, Neal, & Devrin if we're going to land one of them. JMO.

Never know. Lane should've earned the spot during fall practice. But, if things are right the competition is on going. Also, Lacy with Alabama started over Yeldon and everyone knows how that turned out.

Lacy is much more proven. Plus i have my doubts Mich was a top 10 team. Probably arent even top 20 worthy. Plus Ala is just loaded.

Lacy is much more proven. Plus i have my doubts Mich was a top 10 team. Probably arent even top 20 worthy. Plus Ala is just loaded.
Michigans season will show a shocking turnaround and Brady Hoke will become the best coach again once they get into their Big 10 schedule. Funny how big boy football, best on best, looks better on paper than it turns out

Michigans season will show a shocking turnaround and Brady Hoke will become the best coach again once they get into their Big 10 schedule. Funny how big boy football, best on best, looks better on paper than it turns out

yeah its funny how bama beats them down and people are saying they are overrated, just watch how Denard runs wild in the big ten.

I still think Green is the best RB in the country. Would love to get him.

I'd LOVE for us to get Green, Kamara and Williams. Although that's very unrealistic.

Watched Green play a HS game on ESPNU a couple weeks back. Kid is a hoss. Would love for UT to pull a fast power back like him.

yeah its funny how bama beats them down and people are saying they are overrated, just watch how Denard runs wild in the big ten.

Actually outside of Bammers and ESPN most people were saying how overrated Michigan was. Espn had to hype the game and shove it down our throats and bammers, well that speaks for itself. Mich will be lucky to win 8the this year and thats playing in the god awful Big 10. Denard is a great player but he wont be making his money playing QB.

Actually outside of Bammers and ESPN most people were saying how overrated Michigan was. Espn had to hype the game and shove it down our throats and bammers, well that speaks for itself. Mich will be lucky to win 8the this year and thats playing in the god awful Big 10. Denard is a great player but he wont be making his money playing QB.

If UM only wins 8 this year its because Alabama gave other teams the blue print to beat them

He is a one trick pony. Passes even worse than Tebow. I don't think he will
Wild out on any decent team. I see what
you are doing though. Pumping them up
to keep your win look as good as their #8
ranking previously was.
Nice job. A for effort :thumbsup:

Last edited:
If UM only wins 8 this year its because Alabama gave other teams the blue print to beat them

Not sure i agree with that. What Ala did wasnt anything special from a scheme standpoint. They just have the speed and athletes to stop him. Denard was shut down the last 5 or so games last year. The blueprint was there before Ala played them, they just had the athletes to do it.

Not sure i agree with that. What Ala did wasnt anything special from a scheme standpoint. They just have the speed and athletes to stop him. Denard was shut down the last 5 or so games last year. The blueprint was there before Ala played them, they just had the athletes to do it.

This...Mich. State has shut him down for a couple of years now.

VN Store

Back