'15 JUCO RB Alvin Kamara (UT commit 6/21/14)

You know what? This kid is 17 yrs old and I would love to have him if he is "all in" being a Vol...I do not want us to be a drama decision. Alvin... Go with your heart and get it done! Good luck with whoever you choose.

Playing at Tennessee is a privilege. Starting at Tennessee takes heart, commitment and WORK!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Like who?

Green, Henry.

Guys like Folston are not far behind in fact some people who get paid to judge recruits have him ahead of Kamara. I want Kamara too chief. But let's not act like he is the only elite guy we have a shot at. If it weren't for MZTERRY and the Croom connection and of course Baby Avi.. this thread would be damn near obsolete cause he aint showed much love this way.. But as for me, give me Green or Henry then Kamara. All elite. Give me Folston too.

Reactions: 2 people
he is asking about alvin and he rolled his ankle tonight. i believe alvin has been dealing with an ankle issue for a few weeks.

im tryin to call him now.. game just let out

autry got hit pretty good on one play and came out of the game for a short while. i hope theres a mix up. i didnt hear anything about AK.

Green, Henry.

Guys like Folston are not far behind in fact some people who get paid to judge recruits have him ahead of Kamara. I want Kamara too chief. But let's not act like he is the only elite guy we have a shot at. If it weren't for MZTERRY and the Croom connection and of course Baby Avi.. this thread would be damn near obsolete cause he aint showed much love this way.. But as for me, give me Green or Henry then Kamara. All elite. Give me Folston too.

You're preaching to the choir. I've said multiple times that all this interest makes no sense because Kamara isn't coming here. My point was that you said we're in on better backs, and we're really not.

im tryin to call him now.. game just let out

autry got hit pretty good on one play and came out of the game for a short while. i hope theres a mix up. i didnt hear anything about AK.

i hope he is okay. ak rolled his ankle in the 2nd quarter and had to go to the locker room and was limping. he was in a lot of pain after he got to the sideline. ak got hit pretty good around his 8th carry. i didn't get an update on his 2nd half. as you posted in the other thread autry had a real nice game tonight.

You're preaching to the choir. I've said multiple times that all this interest makes no sense because Kamara isn't coming here. My point was that you said we're in on better backs, and we're really not.

Don't see how you can judge which one of these kids is a better back at this point. What would better fit our team is a back that can run in between the tackles and give you 25-30 carries a game, which would suggest Green or Henry.
If we got either of those guys, and then a smaller back like a Folston or Truman to compliment them, I would deem that a victory for the Vols.

Kamara's a great back, but him going elsewhere will not break this recruiting class. We win against Florida, we will see some commits.

Where would this thread be if he played at any other school? We will be fine if we miss on him. We are in on many other quality backs of his caliber

If you notice I never said we are in on better backs, I said backs of his caliber.. Which is true. We are in on a couple backs of his caliber. No doubt about that.

Reactions: 3 people
You know what? This kid is 17 yrs old and I would love to have him if he is "all in" being a Vol...I do not want us to be a drama decision. Alvin... Go with your heart and get it done! Good luck with whoever you choose.

Playing at Tennessee is a privilege. Starting at Tennessee takes heart, commitment and WORK!

Your second paragraph should be the official motto for the VN recruiting forum!

Heck, you should make it into a sign and get skeeter to hang it over the entry to the new training facility :) I will pitch in funds if it has Vol Nation at the bottom of the sign :)

This kid fits our offense better than any back on our list. His pass catching ability would be used well in an offense with our style of attack. Plus hits the hole hard and fast. Which is what our offense needs as well. You've got to remember too for as fast as this kid is he's already right at 200lbs. And he has decent power too besides running hard. I really like Kamara in our offense. And we'll see how far out of it we are with him in the end.

SN: No I'm not saying we get him.

Think Green fits our Offense the best, jmo though.

What about Green as a receiver out of the backfield? This kid is a matchup nightmare in the passing game too. And he'll do this at around 210-215 pounds.

+1. As far as fits for what we do currently, Kamara and Folston are it.

Now, when it comes to picking up those tough 3-4 yds when everyone knows you're gonna run the ball, gimme Green or Henry.

+1. As far as fits for what we do currently, Kamara and Folston are it.

Now, when it comes to picking up those tough 3-4 yds when everyone knows you're gonna run the ball, gimme Green or Henry.

I think that is the problem with "what we do currently". We only drop back and throw it on 3rd or 4th and short as our coaches do not think our current RBs can get the yardage we need for the 1st down. You can only call the play so many times to watch your RB take 1 step and fall down or run up the back of the OL as there is no hole. If we keep bringing in smaller/quick backs who like to dance, the issues will continue. When our OL averages 320+ across the front, getting 1-2 yards when needed should be almost childs play.

Have a 220 pound RB spear that OG in the back as he dives ahead trying to get 3rd and 1 and that OG will learn to have his guy moved out of that hole. Sometimes it takes a little pain to send your message.

Last edited:
I think that is the problem with "what we do currently". We only drop back and throw it on 3rd or 4th and short as our coaches do not think our current RBs can get the yardage we need for the 1st down. You can only call the play so many times to watch your RB take 1 step and fall down or run up the back of the OL as there is no hole. If we keep bringing in smaller/quick backs who like to dance, the issues will continue. When our OL averages 320+ across the front, getting 1-2 yards when needed should be almost childs play.

Have a 220 pound RB spear that OG in the back as he dives ahead trying to get 3rd and 1 and that OG will learn to have his guy moved out of that hole. Sometimes it takes a little pain to send your message.

Poole tried that spear the O-lineman stuff. So where that got us. And Kamara is 200lbs already. He's not a small guy. Wish we could get Kamara and Henry or Green.

We need a back who is in the power slasher mode and runs with a nice powerful forward lean.

54DT

Tauren Poole

Poole tried that spear the O-lineman stuff. So where that got us. And Kamara is 200lbs already. He's not a small guy. Wish we could get Kamara and Henry or Green.

Kamara's got a very strong lower body. I remember watching some film from a few months back from a camp in Atlanta, I believe, and it amazed me how strong he looked, but incredibly agile at the same time. I think he will have no issues between the tackles.

FWIW I do not think Kamara nor his team mates came to UA this past weekend. Heard they have rescheduled but who knows if that will happen.

VN Store

Back