'15 JUCO RB Alvin Kamara (UT commit 6/21/14)

What about Green as a receiver out of the backfield? This kid is a matchup nightmare in the passing game too. And he'll do this at around 210-215 pounds.

I would imagine he would do that very well. Players like Kamara are fairly common,but ones with Green's size, speed and athleticism is a little more rare. Would love both but Green is my first choice with Henry and Turman behind him then Kamara, Tenpenny and Folston.

I would imagine he would do that very well. Players like Kamara are fairly common,but ones with Green's size, speed and athleticism is a little more rare. Would love both but Green is my first choice with Henry and Turman behind him then Kamara, Tenpenny and Folston.

Players that play like Kamara usually are 20 pounds lighter than him. I think due to all the bxtchin in this thread Kamara's skill set is very undervalued.

Reactions: 2 people
Poole tried that spear the O-lineman stuff. So where that got us. And Kamara is 200lbs already. He's not a small guy. Wish we could get Kamara and Henry or Green.

Exactly what I have been saying. I want Kamara for sure, and will be elated to get either Green or Henry to go with him. As for needing a power back for the 3rd or 4th and 1, Kamara is no slouch and by the time he gets to opening day for college he will likely be over 200 lbs with no problem.

Kamara is a somewhat smaller power back that is shifty, fast, and has great hands. Green is a larger power back that is shifty and fast while Henry is an extremely large power back who is fast. Nothing to complain about with getting Kamara and either of the other two. The only potential problem is that a lot of folks (I'm not one of them) are claiming that Henry is too big to be a RB. If so, we want to add Jalen Hurd next year anyway, so we just use Henry at whatever position he fits best.

mlsoft

Players that play like Kamara usually are 20 pounds lighter than him. I think due to all the bxtchin in this thread Kamara's skill set is very undervalued.

Same could be said about Green. Dont get me wrong I would love to get Kamara,, but just for some reason doesnt seem interested. But if we get Henry and either Turman, Williams, Folston or Green it will be a hell of a RB class.

Exactly what I have been saying. I want Kamara for sure, and will be elated to get either Green or Henry to go with him. As for needing a power back for the 3rd or 4th and 1, Kamara is no slouch and by the time he gets to opening day for college he will likely be over 200 lbs with no problem.

Kamara is a somewhat smaller power back that is shifty, fast, and has great hands. Green is a larger power back that is shifty and fast while Henry is an extremely large power back who is fast. Nothing to complain about with getting Kamara and either of the other two. The only potential problem is that a lot of folks (I'm not one of them) are claiming that Henry is too big to be a RB. If so, we want to add Jalen Hurd next year anyway, so we just use Henry at whatever position he fits best.

mlsoft

Kamara weighed in at 198lbs at Florida's junior day back in the spring. He's going to be around 210-215 with his speed and the way he hits the hole that'll be fun to watch. He reminds me of Andre Ellington. Would love a hard charging back like that in this offense.

Kamara carries that 198 easy. He could pack on 15 or 20 and still be electric. Hopefully, he comes here.. but I am not holding my breath.

That's what I've been trying to get through to people around here. A 215 pound back moving like Kamara is hell. Plus with how he can catch the ball he could wreck in our offense. He's good enough to play slot WR. No other back in this class is better in the passing game. I really would like an Andre Ellington type of back in our offense.

Does he remind anyone of else of Michael Dyer? I couldn't help but think of Dyer when I watched Kamara. Same size, skillset...I'm not saying Kamara will produce like Dyer out of the gates, but I think there are some strong similarities in what they do.

Does he remind anyone of else of Michael Dyer? I couldn't help but think of Dyer when I watched Kamara. Same size, skillset...I'm not saying Kamara will produce like Dyer out of the gates, but I think there are some strong similarities in what they do.

Nope he's more athletic and built different to me. Looks just like the Clemson back Ellington to me.

Just sort of a situational scenario but what would be the chances we sign AK as an "athlete" and still try to pick up two backs? With his versatility I would think on paper we put him down as 'Ath' and still use him in the backfield. That way we still could end up getting Henry and another back.

Just sort of a situational scenario but what would be the chances we sign AK as an "athlete" and still try to pick up two backs? With his versatility I would think on paper we put him down as 'Ath' and still use him in the backfield. That way we still could end up getting Henry and another back.

Why not just sign Kamara as what he is(a true RB)? A Henry and Kamara haul at RB would rival any combo out there.

Why not just sign Kamara as what he is(a true RB)? A Henry and Kamara haul at RB would rival any combo out there.

Well you still tell him your playing him at RB but by putting it down on paper as athlete you still get Henry and then possibly add a Folston to give you kind like a J. Stewart, A. Hayden, and C. Garner type trio. jmo

Of course alot depends on how the staff feels about their backs and whether they really want three backs that bad.

Well you still tell him your playing him at RB but by putting it down on paper as athlete you still get Henry and then possibly add a Folston to give you kind like a J. Stewart, A. Hayden, and C. Garner type trio. jmo

Of course alot depends on how the staff feels about their backs and whether they really want three backs that bad.

You can't be serious. You think this kid would believe that. And why would I even care if I pulled D.Henry and Kamara? The third back could either take it or leave it. Kamara is a monster of a RB outside of his pass catching skills so I really wouldn't be pissed at landing just two backs.

Reactions: 1 person
You can't be serious. You think this kid would believe that. And why would I even care if I pulled D.Henry and Kamara? The third back could either take it or leave it. Kamara is a monster of a RB outside of his pass catching skills so I really wouldn't be pissed at landing just two backs.

I never said two backs wouldn't be enough but I think if you can add more talent and all you have to do is fidge some numbers on paper then it has to at least be an option to think about IMO.

VN Store

Back