'15 JUCO RB Alvin Kamara (UT commit 6/21/14)

I just cannot for the life of me why Kamara would have Georgia as his top choice after watching gurley and marshall play today .if he goes to georgia he will be a junior at least before he average,s more than 3 or 4 carries a game.

Hope Alvin is watching this UGA game. Malcome (soph)Gurley, and Marshall both frosh. 3 headed monster already. Not saying he should be scared, but he will play earlier with us.

Lane is elite , has those flashes of his junior yr in high school . Neal is just a physical specimen. I don't mind those two .

Lane is elite , has those flashes of his junior yr in high school . Neal is just a physical specimen. I don't mind those two .

Lane should get more carries. That guy don't hesitate. He sees it and he hits it...right now! That's what the top backs do. That one split second of hez kills the play. You dont see that very often from Bammer's RBs and Lane fits that mold. Neal just doesn't show that cut, bang, gone... stuff. I hope Lane steps up all the way this year.

lane will be the starter before the year is over. i rewatched the game. his running style is so much better than neals. kind of looks like ellington form clemsen

Agree that Lane should get the start b/c he ran much better in a north/south between the tackles direction much better than Neal..IMO, Neal did too much dancing around and most of the time that got him no where except behind the line.

Gotta figure the "demotion" to third string was a wake up call and it was taken well by Lane. I do think we need them both healthy to be very successful.

From a report today, it looks like AL and GA are still his top 2. However, he is putting off any announcement.

The delay can only be considered positive for the Big Orange. As Mick Jagger once said ... "Time is on my side".

Running for a total of 190 yards will help with recruiting. I would love to see what Lane does with the 22 carries Neal got.

Never know. Lane should've earned the spot during fall practice. But, if things are right the competition is on going. Also, Lacy with Alabama started over Yeldon and everyone knows how that turned out.

Never know. Lane should've earned the spot during fall practice. But, if things are right the competition is on going. Also, Lacy with Alabama started over Yeldon and everyone knows how that turned out.

Some people are just practice players where others are true gamers. Lane has an "it" factor that I like. He's going to blow up if he takes over the RB position. I think we should've fed him once Neal started running bad. I also wasn't a fan of giving Neal the ball at the goalline when Lane had gashed the defense to get down there.

Some people are just practice players where others are true gamers. Lane has an "it" factor that I like. He's going to blow up if he takes over the RB position. I think we should've fed him once Neal started running bad. I also wasn't a fan of giving Neal the ball at the goalline when Lane had gashed the defense to get down there.

This! And Lane should be the back that always gets the ball in our short yardage situations from here on out. He has a ton of leg drive, and I love how he lowers his shoulder and delivers the hit to the defender. I love Rajion, don't get me wrong, and I believe he has a place in our offense somewhere (don't kill me for saying this, but maybe even back at WR), but Lane should get the starting nod this week. We need to see how he does with the load of the carries. Rajion has to start hitting the holes hard between the tackles, especially when we start lining up against Florida and the rest of the SEC. What NC State's defense did to him when he tried to bounce it outside will be worsened against SEC speed. He will have numerous negative gains doing that in the SEC. I really hope he starts trusting in himself and our O-line and hits the holes, because he has game-breaking speed that would be really nice to have in the backfield.

Neal was even running fast to the outside which is what surprised me. Guys like Andre Ellington with speed really use it. Neal is tipping like crazy when the holes are there. Lane proved it on his big run. Neal had 4-5 plays where he should've been one on one with the safety but he was too busy trying to run outside instead of cutting the ball up.

VN Store

Back