'15 JuCo DT David "DJ" Jones

My god. That kid demolished everyone he tackled in his highlight film. If he can qualify, throw him a scholarship to see what he can do. God knows we need help at DT.

Wow just watched his film.Want need sign him up CBJ. Love the way he chases the football.He is out on the field with bad intentions.Hope he passed his act.Would love to have him.

Just looked back at Wren's schedule and they got beat by the good teams they played. I'm not saying he's not a good player but his competition is not upper level. This is an Anderson County school not Spartanburg where schools like Dorman, Spartanburg and Byrnes are located. I do agree that his film looks great and I hope his test scores look good.

If DJ Jones has the ACT score, Tennessee needs to go after him, Tevin Lawson, and Micheal Dyer. Those three players would make this a top 10 class IMO.

Reactions: 1 person
I know why he's supposed to be under the radar. But look at the video. Unless he's playing against eighth graders, I don't understand why every college coach that's ever seen him play hasn't gone shrieking out of the stadium with his hair on fire. This guy goes wherever he wants on the field as though the other team's players are ghosts. He just runs through them. There should be 30 college coaches camped out the morning he takes his ACT.

Crayton was the same way. I really, really, really wish we'd went all in for Crayton. I have a gut feeling he's going to open a can of whoop a** on all of his competition.

Reactions: 2 people
He's taking the ACT in March. If he gets a qualifying score there's a good chance he's a Vol. If not, he goes to prep school or JUCO. At least that's what was reported a month or so ago.

I didn't see his grades. What were they? Good enough to be accepted? ACT scores?

It's been said he hasn't taken the act yet. Now with hubbs saying this it tells me his core is very low as well. I seriously doubt this kid has any sort of real chance of making it

It's been said he hasn't taken the act yet. Now with hubbs saying this it tells me his core is very low as well. I seriously doubt this kid has any sort of real chance of making it

I truly don't understand how kids get in this situation....

I know first hand how graduation rates influence the inner workings of a high school...

If a kid is special ed or has an IEP then it is nearly impossible to fail the kid... and with all of the credit recovery going on in high schools today you really have to be a self imposed moron to not graduate...

ACT's are a different beast, but if a kid struggles in core than apathy and laziness is the culprit...

I truly don't understand how kids get in this situation....

I know first hand how graduation rates influence the inner workings of a high school...

If a kid is special ed or has an IEP then it is nearly impossible to fail the kid... and with all of the credit recovery going on in high schools today you really have to be a self imposed moron to not graduate...

ACT's are a different beast, but if a kid struggles in core than apathy and laziness is the culprit...

Special Ed or IEP don't assure kids are going to be in the core classes the NCAA requires. In fact it generally means they are not.

Reactions: 5 people
Special Ed or IEP don't assure kids are going to be in the core classes the NCAA requires. In fact it generally means they are not.

No it does not. From your statement it seems like you are shooting from the hip.

IEP's almost guarantee a kid a HS diploma. They get to retake everything. And a teacher better have extensive documentation to fail a kid with an IEP.

As a high school teacher and football coach, I have a lot of experience with this subject.

So back to my original point. 95% of the time when a kid fails it is simply apathy.

Reactions: 1 person
Also, NCAA has nothing to do with core classes. That is state mandated and all kids with IEP's follow the same graduation guidelines as kids in AP classes.

Also, NCAA has nothing to do with core classes. That is state mandated and all kids with IEP's follow the same graduation guidelines as kids in AP classes.

Is there no longer two different paths high school students can choose with thier graduation paths??

Vocational and college path?

It's been a few years since I have been completely familiar but not too long ago the special Ed kids and some IEP kids were on the vocational path which meant not enough core classes and that has everything to do with the NCAA.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back