'15 JuCo DT David "DJ" Jones

How does someone with film like that not get rated. I know he has grade problems, but there are plenty of highly rated recruits with grade issues. What's the deal?

How does someone with film like that not get rated. I know he has grade problems, but there are plenty of highly rated recruits with grade issues. What's the deal?

The only thing I can see is maybe is height and competition level, but I'm not sure on the 2nd. Anybody know?

Same thing with CP, he didn't even have a rivals page coming out of HS his grades were so bad.

CP's scout page out of HS

Scout.com: Cordarrelle Patterson Profile

Notice the biography yet no offers...

Patterson has good hands and has a knack for getting open. As a junior he had 70 catches for 1089 yards and 17 touchdowns. Should continue to move up in the state rankings as one of top players in the 2009 class.

If schools know a kid has really bad grades they don't even bother.

Tomorrow is an ACT taking day in Tennessee.

Any word on if that's national and if he'll be retaking it?

So, what's up with the non-rating? They just never got around to him?

Looks like a beast. Would like to see him in orange.

Never can tell about the competition he's up against but damn.. Prototypical size, light on his feet, he can move and doesn't stay blocked..

Come on DJ, Coach Jones has offered you the opportunity of your young life.. Get on your horse, get qualified, come to UT, play some ball and get a free education..

It's up to you..

Was in the Vols War Room today and that guy is so far dowm the list he was almost invisible. To say he's a fallback is a stretch.

Nah, if he was told there was a scholly for him if he does well then I bet there will be one.

Safe to say...he has a quicker first step than Montori Hughes had. And Hughes is very quick for his size. DJ has a tremendous upside if he can qualify

Senior stats: 112 tackles, 41 TFL, 11 sacks, 4 forced fumbles and 4 fumble recoveries. He was named the state's AAA Defensive Player of the Year by High School Sports Report, and a 2nd-team Medium School All-American by MaxPreps.

The head coach says he’s come to expect consistent play from Jones. “He’s going to make some big plays for you, especially when you need them,” said Tate. “He’s always good to get tackles for a loss. He’s got 28 tackles for a loss this year and there’s not many people that I would think have that many at this point in the year.”

“He gives you an athletic presence, and on top of that, he’s such a fine kid,” said Tate. “It’s always good to see the kids that work hard and have been blessed with ability use it the right way. I know he’ll be a great representative, and good ambassador for Wren High School.”

The Easley Progress

As for where he'll play next, Jones said he has 11 scholarship offers, including those from Louisiana-Lafayette, Appalachian State, Newberry, Coastal Carolina, Gardner-Webb and Grambling State (La.) University.
Wren's Jones adjusts quickly to playing with state's best

Louisiana-Lafayette dropped Jones last week for some reason:
UL has pulled its offer to defensive tackle D.J. Jones, a defensive from Wren High in Piedmond, S.C., who also had interest from Conference USA-bound Charlotte and FCS Appalachian State but has been holding out with hopes of a late offer from Tennessee.
Perkins added to UL commitment list | The Advertiser | theadvertiser.com

Last edited:
I sit here scratching my head wondering? Why have I not heard of this guy until now? No ranking? His film looks nasty good!

As soon as he qualifies, if he qualifies, he'll sign his NLI.

I don't understand why he hasn't signed his nli already. Unless I am missing something he wouldn't count Against our number for next year unless he enrolls in school. We could sign him now and hope it works out with no risk.

I don't understand why he hasn't signed his nli already. Unless I am missing something he wouldn't count Against our number for next year unless he enrolls in school. We could sign him now and hope it works out with no risk.

If he signs, he counts.

If he signs, he counts.

You sure of that??

I don't know for sure but my guess is since we are under 25 he wouldn't count unless he enrolls in school.

Did the kid at florida we got count against their number last year?

VN Store

Back