'15 JuCo DT David "DJ" Jones

Something is telling me that Rod Crayton is going to prove alot of coaches wrong at the collegiate level. Just saying...

Reactions: 2 people
Was in the Vols War Room today and that guy is so far dowm the list he was almost invisible. To say he's a fallback is a stretch.

May be true. If CBJ promised him there would be a scholarship waiting on him if he gets qualified leads me to think CBJ would do just that. JMO

Something is telling me that Rod Crayton is going to prove alot of coaches wrong at the collegiate level. Just saying...

I'm definitely scratching my head on this one. Crayton even though he is a NG he would still be a great DT. Look at big Dan.

Reactions: 1 person

Think we made a mistake in passing on him, if we indeed did. You just can't teach that kind of motor and power in a HS senior. If nothing else, he would be a great guy to have going against our OL in practice. I think he will prove alot of people wrong.

If this kid had the grades and test scores he'd have offers. Would be a steal, at a position of need, in March if he gets a good test score, IMO.

Agreed...CP was virtually unrecruited out of high school as well, if my memory serves me, and we all see how that turned out.

That being said, CP allegedly didn't have the grades to stay eligible for an entire year, so it could be a problem in the future if it's such a problem now.

i saw a few people talk about him just now taking the ACT - are we sure he hasnt taken it or did he just get a really low score and is now retaking it?

Holy ish, this dude plants people. They didn't even have to highlight him before the play because its evident who he is when he f's up someone's world. Haha that highlight tape is hilarious, qualify DJ and be a Vol!

Most are just looking at his non rating. He doesn't have a non rating because he sucks.
Yeah...from looking at his tape, if someone had mentioned he's a 5*, I would have believed it. He may not be a behemoth (can take care of that in our S&C program), but he has some sneaky moves, to shed blockers, and hit's like a truck full of bricks.

Reactions: 1 person
Holy ish, this dude plants people. They didn't even have to highlight him before the play because its evident who he is when he f's up someone's world. Haha that highlight tape is hilarious, qualify DJ and be a Vol!
Yep. I get a kick out of watching him blow up the lineman in front of him, sometimes. I think they are looking for the swim move or something, then he springs the bull rush on them = they end up on their backs, staring at the pretty little stars. :)

He may not have any "major" offers, but this kid looks like he has a lot of potential. His Junior stats were impressive!

Junior Season Stats:129 tackles, 37 TFL, 8 sacks, 1 interception, 3 touchdowns, and 8 forced fumbles.

His Scout profile shows he has high interest in UT....

If this kid qualifies he is a no-brainer pick up. Not sure about the competition but he is unblockable and nasty.

VN Store

Back