'15 GA OL Marquel Harrell

Dooley was picky early too...and then had to settle for 3 star scrubs. That's the risk here too. Especially if you have another 5-6 win season.

Not every 3 star is a scrub. Cam sutton turned out to be a 5 star. Corners are hard to project so its one position I don't worry about stars too much. OL is the same way. A lot of depends on if they fit your system. Some kids could be 3 star ranking but are a 5 star for your system. Dooleys major mistake was he recruited for one system then tried to turn around and recruit for a completely opposite system. Plus Dooley was just an arrogant lazy coach that people didnt like

Not every 3 star is a scrub. Cam sutton turned out to be a 5 star. Corners are hard to project so its one position I don't worry about stars too much. OL is the same way. A lot of depends on if they fit your system. Some kids could be 3 star ranking but are a 5 star for your system. Dooleys major mistake was he recruited for one system then tried to turn around and recruit for a completely opposite system. Plus Dooley was just an arrogant lazy coach that people didnt like

Dooley just sucked all the way around. He was a terrible recruiter and horrible at not only building relationships but damaging ones as well becausue of his attitude. He also de-valued his own product time and time again by the crap he constantly spewed about how difficult it was to recruit to Tennessee, etc...

Reactions: 2 people
With the recent UOV to au, he very well could be a flip to them. I do like that the kid played HS ball with the Berry twins. Not sure if #'s would allow for another OG. We'll see.

With the recent UOV to au, he very well could be a flip to them. I do like that the kid played HS ball with the Berry twins. Not sure if #'s would allow for another OG. We'll see.

I hope we have room for or let the numbers work themselves out to get him. He is a very good looking guard prospect and I think he will end up rated quite a bit higher than he is right now.

Last edited:
I hope we have room for or let the numbers work themselves out to get him. He is a very good looking guard prospect.

It's going to be tough on the coaches IMO. I'm sure they have a few guys on their list they would take at just about any time. IMO there will be a long list of kids who are on hold or kind of slow played to see exactly how many spots open up via the current roster. I think it would be a big mistake to just take kids with nowhere to put them. Once the coaches take 12-13 commitments, everything after that is a roll of the dice unless spots open up. I know I'm different than some in my thinking that I don't want to see kids forced to leave UT if they don't want to and they are doing the right things. Just don't want to see the staff put themselves in a situation where they force kids to leave the program.

We're in on some of the best of the best this cycle, Butch can afford to be picky. Shelley was told at junior day he needed to come to camp and show his stuff before he could commit, per Hubbs. It will be the same way with most others that have offers from UT right now. Very few are automatic takes this early.

Hubbs pointed it out today, these "offers" are basically just letting the prospect know we're recruiting you and like what we see. But most of them will have to prove it at camps this summer and during their senior seasons to be able to actually commit.

This class is only going to have 20-25 kids. They're going to be very picky because at some positions they will only take 2-3 kids or less. Likely only 1 QB, 1 TE and 1 RB. So, if they're only taking 2 CB's this class it would make sense that they're going to take the best two they can get and at this point it's clear they don't think Shelley is that guy.

In short, it's a VERY good thing our staff is being picky. They're not going to settle for 3 star Dooley scrubs. This is Tennessee and Butch isn't f'n around. Enjoy the ride. :hi:

They stopped recruiting several DTs that we were in on last cycle too because they didn't think they were SEC guys. Plus, I'm sure they could have gone and gotten a half dozen mediocre QBs to commit last cycle. It's not a new thing that they're doing.

Creekside's pipeline flows to Knoxville.

What pipeline? Getting a few legacy players from one family doesn't constitute a "pipeline". The Berry bros would have ended up at Tennessee regardless of what HS they went to, so pretending like you have a pipeline because of them is extremely overzealous.

Other than Evan/Elliott Berry, none of the other noteworthy Creekside recruits post Eric Berry have signed with Tennessee:

Terrence Parks ('08): FSU
Josh Holsey ('12): Auburn
Davion Tookes ('12): Virginia Tech

Marquel Harrell and Jayson Stanley are Auburn leans. Auburn also just hired former LB Travis Williams who served as Creekside's DC last year BTW.

What pipeline? Getting a few legacy players from one family doesn't constitute a "pipeline". The Berry bros would have ended up at Tennessee regardless of what HS they went to, so pretending like you have a pipeline because of them is extremely overzealous.

Other than Evan/Elliott Berry, none of the other noteworthy Creekside recruits post Eric Berry have signed with Tennessee:

Marquel Harrell and Jayson Stanley are Auburn leans. Auburn also just hired former LB Travis Williams who served as Creekside's DC last year BTW.

No one talk about pipelines around ^^ guy :ermm:

Reactions: 3 people

Great day! Take a chill pill, Auburn fan! So what you're saying is Auburn is buying their way into Creekside? Auburn is always dishing out money in some way, shape, form, or fashion in order to get recruits. What did they hire Creekside's DC for? Quality control assistant? GA?

a lighten up francis is in order

bill_murray-stripes1981-1330.jpg

Last edited:

The Creekside Berry pipeline has allowed UT to sign 100% of the Berrys that play at Creekside...dayum successful pipeline if you ask me. Now that UT has gotten all the Berrys, maybe the pipeline will focus on npn-Berry players :)

He mad

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back