'15 AL OL Brandon Kennedy

Tatum and J Johnson will ease the transition to Wright and Morris. No reason to let Florida or Georgia feast on a kid that’s not ready.

He received a medical redshirt after only playing 3 games last year. I believe he’ll be a RS Soph this year.

No he conventionally redshirted his freshman year. That was an erroneous report by AL.com. You can only apply for an additional medical redshirt after your last year of eligibility and usually don’t receive it if your first redshirt wasn’t medically related. Screwed us with both Jerry Colquitt and Marcus Jackson.

He’s a RS sophomore NOW with “two years of eligibility remaining” which means he’s a redshirt junior in the Fall.

No he conventionally redshirted his freshman year. That was an erroneous report by AL.com. You can only apply for an additional medical redshirt after your last year of eligibility and usually don’t receive it if your first redshirt wasn’t medically related. Screwed us with both Jerry Colquitt and Marcus Jackson.

He’s a RS sophomore NOW with “two years of eligibility remaining” which means he’s a redshirt junior in the Fall.

He was talking about Tatum I think.

Reactions: 4 people
Adding a good OL that can play immediately is a great pick up for us knowing how little depth we have and talent at that position. Welcome Kennedy! Now get out there and pancake some Bama's db's.

Late day and scrolled heavily.
Is Bruin still trying to figure out how Kennedy fell so hard for Tennessee without ever having contact with the coaches?
We just lucky I guess 😂

Reactions: 10 people
late day and scrolled heavily.
Is bruin still trying to figure out how kennedy fell so hard for tennessee without ever having contact with the coaches?
We just lucky i guess 😂

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

in terms of the team, the vols welcomed a new member this week as alabama grad transfer brandon kennedy is on campus and will go to school in july. He will be working out with the team and getting into strength coach craig fitzgerald's program immediately.

Kennedy obviously is mature mentally and physically and like grad transfer's madre london and keller chryst, they know what's expected in a summer college voluntary workout program. Getting kennedy to rocky top is important for the vols. Kennedy brings maturity, a little experience, as well as a hunger to play. As a center/guard, kennedy should give the vols some flexibility along the front, even possibly moving trey smith out to tackle provided smith is good to go in august.

Smith is working out with the team we are told. The final hurdle at this point appears to be clearance for contact, which won't happen till august. Kennedy also gives depth in the interior for a unit that is still looking at possibly starting a true freshman (jerome carvin) on the offensive front. Something that has been an all too familiar experience for the vol program.

- vq

Reactions: 16 people
Is Bruin still trying to figure out how Kennedy fell so hard for Tennessee without ever having contact with the coaches?
We just lucky I guess 😂

Still reveling in the glory of making others “look foolish”. :wink2:

Reactions: 2 people
We just lucky I guess 😂

tenor.gif

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back