'15 AL OL Brandon Kennedy

Not sure if serious

Completely serious. Your not the backup center if you're the 2nd best interior OL, you'd be starting at one of the guard spots. The climate of the thread is he will be an impact player for us and I'm hoping so too. Just hard to envision if I'm being realistic. It's all speculation of course until they line up and play

Reactions: 3 people
Everyone knows we need help on the OL, but is it really possible that at best Alabubba's 4th interior OL can be an impact player? I'm hoping like everyone else, but logically it would appear to be more depth instead of impact. If he's that good and can't crack the lineup there in 3 years then we've got a long long ways to go to become competitive again.

Saban raised a stink over potentially playing against him so prob should tell you something.

Likely starts if he isn't hurt last year allowing the younger guy behind him to shine

At the end of the day our OL options were desparately thin numbers wise and physically. He is instantly one of our bigger OL and accdg to Bama 247 mod his strength is his athleticism and smarts. So add up those 3 things and we hve a starting OL at TN

Saban raised a stink over potentially playing against him so prob should tell you something.

Likely starts if he isn't hurt last year allowing the younger guy behind him to shine

At the end of the day our OL options were desparately thin numbers wise and physically. He is instantly one of our bigger OL and accdg to Bama 247 mod his strength is his athleticism and smarts. So add up those 3 things and we hve a starting OL at TN
Agreed they're bringing him in thinking he will be our starting center in the fall. My comments were whether he could be an impact type player or a just a starter on what has been a dumpster fire of an OL for the past few years? I'm hoping he will be a Robinson level type guy or better.

Agreed they're bringing him in thinking he will be our starting center in the fall. My comments were whether he could be an impact type player or a just a starter on what has been a dumpster fire of an OL for the past few years? I'm hoping he will be a Robinson level type guy or better.

If he is starting pretty likely he is an impact player. We have multiple coaches on this team that have worked with him or against him daily in practice past 2-3 yrs. if he couldn't help they would know

Completely serious. Your not the backup center if you're the 2nd best interior OL, you'd be starting at one of the guard spots. The climate of the thread is he will be an impact player for us and I'm hoping so too. Just hard to envision if I'm being realistic. It's all speculation of course until they line up and play

It more about the overall talent level at Alabama than the rest of the league. He might be 3rd string at Alabama but starts at TN says more about AL overall roster and Jones overall horrible recruiting OL recruiting

It more about the overall talent level at Alabama than the rest of the league. He might be 3rd string at Alabama but starts at TN says more about AL overall roster and Jones overall horrible recruiting OL recruiting

Bigger problem for Butch was lack of physical and mental development along with killing these kids careers with poor methods. Guy had more mysterious career ending injuries on his watch than any coach we have had

Reactions: 1 person
Bigger problem for Butch was lack of physical and mental development along with killing these kids careers with poor methods. Guy had more mysterious career ending injuries on his watch than any coach we have had

Agreed.. Teams take on the persona of their coach. Jones was not a tough guy. I am pretty sure at one point in his life he sold water sampling test door to door

He was injured at Bama and instead of being processed Saban fought hard to keep him/block him from going to a rival. That speaks volumes about his ability.

Bama is so loaded with talented depth on the OL that their 6-10 best lineman would start at most if not all SEC schools.

He’s been in that S&C program for 3 years, which means he’s more ready than every single lineman on UT’s roster. Except for maybe Trey Smith who’s just a physical freak.

Plus he has two years to play. Kennedy is Pruitt’s biggest get of the ‘18 class, imo.

Reactions: 8 people
Agreed.. Teams take on the persona of their coach. Jones was not a tough guy. I am pretty sure at one point in his life he sold water sampling test door to door

Lol. He def has a mid life crisis at TN. Distanced himself from people that helped him get there. Forgot his identity toward the end. Not willing to accept change recommended by peers/coaches unless he thought of it because he was the smartest man in the world.

Lol. He def has a mid life crisis at TN. Distanced himself from people that helped him get there. Forgot his identity toward the end. Not willing to accept change recommended by peers/coaches unless he thought of it because he was the smartest man in the world.

He knew he was going to get fired...He quit on the team after the GA game

He knew he was going to get fired...He quit on the team after the GA game

Before that. Yr before he was more worried about trying to see if he could get UNC job if Fedora left the wk if Vandy game and then blew that game/Sugar Bowl opp and any potential job offers. He was trying hard to get to a less stressful media environment

Get ready for the wolf pack. That won't be a popular view. For the record I think Kennedy is a great pickup.

Last edited:
He was injured at Bama and instead of being processed Saban fought hard to keep him/block him from going to a rival. That speaks volumes about his ability.

Bama is so loaded with talented depth on the OL that their 6-10 best lineman would start at most if not all SEC schools.

He’s been in that S&C program for 3 years, which means he’s more ready than every single lineman on UT’s roster. Except for maybe Trey Smith who’s just a physical freak.

Plus he has two years to play. Kennedy is Pruitt’s biggest get of the ‘18 class, imo.
he really may be. agreed.

I always thought it was a little cringeworthy whenever people on here would try to make it out like Jones was some sort of hard nosed, tough, alpha male coach. He was the exact opposite. The guy always came off to me honestly as kind of a sissy. Not the type of guy that would instantly gain loads of respect based off how he looked and sounded.

Everyone knows we need help on the OL, but is it really possible that at best Alabubba's 4th interior OL can be an impact player? I'm hoping like everyone else, but logically it would appear to be more depth instead of impact. If he's that good and can't crack the lineup there in 3 years then we've got a long long ways to go to become competitive again.

All true, but our ol was so bad a backup from a really good program could immediately become one of our better players. At least let’s hope so. We do have a long way to go .

If you don’t think the “fourth best interior OL” on ALABAMA’S roster isn’t a significant improvement on most SEC’s teams...much less ours? You’re dug In on the doubting and we’ll see you when you get back. :wavey:

Reactions: 3 people
Before that. Yr before he was more worried about trying to see if he could get UNC job if Fedora left the wk if Vandy game and then blew that game/Sugar Bowl opp and any potential job offers. He was trying hard to get to a less stressful media environment

Without defending the body of the work, I dismiss a huge percentage of the goofy conspiracy theories. As they pile up, some of them will have to be true but betrothal treaties, punches to the gut and taking payments to start a booster’s kid are too silly to even review.

Reactions: 4 people
Without defending the body of the work, I dismiss a huge percentage of the goofy conspiracy theories. As they pile up, some of them will have to be true but betrothal treaties, punches to the gut and taking payments to start a booster’s kid are too silly to even review.

Don't know about those but butch lining up jobs the year before he finally got fired was legit. Fedora and Butch both pooped the bed so bad that week they both lost the jobs they had lined up. Butch was UNC ADs #1 for replacing Fedora.

Don't know about those but butch lining up jobs the year before he finally got fired was legit. Fedora and Butch both pooped the bed so bad that week they both lost the jobs they had lined up. Butch was UNC ADs #1 for replacing Fedora.

Where are you getting this? Heard the Purdue rumor but nothing from anyone I’d credit as legit. Mark Nagi writes a book about it and I subscribe. Not shading you...I’m sure you have a basis for buying in, but so far all I’ve witnessed is message board and Swain gossip fodder.

Just because you are the #2 center doesn't automatically make you a #1 guard. Especially at Alabama.

It’s all relative. I don’t think anyone here thinks this guy starts and wins the Outland trophy. But if you watched the spring game and see what we have from a depth/talent standpoint, you will take all the help you can get. Backup center for Bama is a great addition for us. I think this guy helps in a big way this fall.

Reactions: 2 people
Get ready for the wolf pack. That won't be a popular view. For the record I think Kennedy is a great pickup.

giphy.gif

VN Store

Back