'14 TN WR Josh Malone (UT commit 12/4/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up offers from Michigan and OSU last Thursday. The recent offers of UM and OSU join UT, Ole Miss, MSU, Nebraska, Vanderbilt, and Western KY to bring his offer total to eight. Finished his sophomore season with 25 catches, 900 plus yards of total offense and 15 TDs. Per Rivals.

Stud. Hopefully Station Camp continues to throw the ball this year. Typically they have a dwarf playing qb in that god awful wing t crap.

Station Camp will probably be playing a different offense this year than the old wing-t. They have more of a power back at RB and a new throwing type QB (Soph). The current personnel does not match the wing-t.

Station Camp will probably be playing a different offense this year than the old wing-t. They have more of a power back at RB and a new throwing type QB (Soph). The current personnel does not match the wing-t.
Good to know. I was pleasantly surprised when they opened the offense up some last year.

The 2014 wideout, who I'm certain will be among the top players in the state of Tennessee next year and has for some time held a Vols offer, picked up two more offers from Ohio State and Michigan. Told me tonight he's still loving the Vols. And he'll be in Knox on Saturday for the big 7-on-7 tourney.

- John Brice

Reactions: 1 person
His HS coach went to UT for 1 or 2 years. I played intramurals with him. Not that he will steer Josh our way, but it won't hurt.

Biopsyman-like post IMO

I often times show my approval to some info with a short reply. Biopsy man just seemed to rifle through pages with non-related junk.

I decided to let my "nice" rest and mix it up a bit... Cause I'm crazy like that

There were a number of prospects that could have landed on the final spot in this top ten list but Malone gets the nod because of pure production.

Malone is quietly dominant. He doesn’t wow you with ankle-breaking routes and his elite speed is of the effortless, deceptive nature but all he does is make catches. He has sure hands, he can work the middle of the field and the vertical routes and he is a good route-runner. Malone continues to show that he is one of the top receivers in the 2014 class.
- Barton Simmons

Tennessee was Malone's first offer and has already visited Tennessee during the spring for a spring practice. He said he hopes to camp in Knoxville this summer although a schedule hasn't been made yet.
He's been communicating weekly with the Vols' coaches and says he hears a consistent message from them.

"They want me a lot and they want me to keep working hard and stay humble. They want me to come up there with a 'T' on my helmet. I just want to live up to the expectations of everyone who's offered me and even more," Malone said.
-VQ

one of the top Skill Position performers at Nike Memphis...

8. Josh Malone, WR, Gallatin (Tenn.) Station Camp: Malone, who is 6-foot-3, 186 pounds, is really starting to come into his own. He was good at the Rivals.com/VTO Sports Florida camp in April, but was even better Friday. Malone moves extremely well, and while still a little raw, has excellent feet and good quickness. He didn't have many drops, and showed the ability to make the difficult receptions others could not. It's no wonder schools such as Michigan and Ohio State recently offered. His ceiling is high.

-VQ

@KeithRIVALS: 2014 standout WR Josh Malone of TN: "had a great visit at #Michigan today - coaches were awesome - on my way to #OhioState "

It doe not hurt that Malone close to Vols walk-on Corey Alexander, whose dad has been a coach at Station Camp. Corey is a great influence.

This kid is the real deal. He is the most explosive WR to come out of this area and that includes names like Golden Tate and Thomas Woods.

It doe not hurt that Malone close to Vols walk-on Corey Alexander, whose dad has been a coach at Station Camp. Corey is a great influence.

This kid is the real deal. He is the most explosive WR to come out of this area and that includes names like Golden Tate and Thomas Woods.
Impressive indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back