'14 All American Bowl Games

Quinn looked good

He is the Rodney Dangerfield of HS WRs. Nobody has come close to being able to guard him since he was in junior high.

CG does not look good though in coverage.

If anyone has practice video of Malone and maybe Valentine it would be greatly appreciated.

norespect.jpg

Last edited:
Barton Simmons

Barton S 9830 posts
Kevin Mouhon over pursues on a zone play opening up a huge hole for Sony Michel to bust off a big gain.

David Prince also helped open up that big hole at LT.

Someone needs to make a thread on Jayson Stanley. I can't even find a thread for him on Rivals.

Dalvin Cook is announcing tonight at 7 on ESPNU whether he'll be sticking w/ UF or going to FSU. Wild recruitment. His decision will likely have a pretty big impact on where Ermon Lane, JC Jackson and even Adoree Jackson attend.

"From the Under Armour All-American practice...

Practice just ended here in Orlando and we haven't had time to talk to the players yet but that will be coming here in a minute.

Bates looked good in space and you can see why he has been on the top performers list this week. He definitely reads coverage very well and looks like a good coverage linebacker.

Adoree looks like a five-star cornerback. Good luck trying to complete something on his side of the field and the quarterbacks have been shaky so that helps him. He is just so fluid and has quick hips and just doesn't let guys get away from him. Very impressive.

Medley had his moments today as well. He hit a 42-yard FG but missed a 45-harder because he had a new holder. He had some nice punts and had a really good one coming out of his own end zone. He also downed one inside the five. We will have a full video recap later today once we talk to the players."

- Fortenberry

Reactions: 1 person
I know UA practice is on ESPNU but is there a way we can watch the practices of Army AA practices?

Dalvin Cook is "announcing" at 7 (I'm guessing on ESPNU at the UA AA practice). He's flipping from UF to FSU IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Some Under Armour underclassmen notes...

The Under Armour underclassmen combine just finished up and Aaron Medley is out on the field getting stretched for tonight's Under Armour game that begins at 4 EST on ESPN.

For me, 2016 athlete Gabe Angel had a really impressive day. He was one of the youngest tight ends but at 6-3, 215 or so he looked really good physically and moves extremely well.

He started out the day running a 4.62 and in one-on-ones he caught a lot of balls and was able to get open a majority of the time. I'd also be interested to see what he looks like at linebacker as he moves really well and has great size.

Also, instate tight end Jackson Harris looked really good physically and looked more athletic than he did last spring when I saw him at the IFM camp. He checked in about 6-4, 241-pounds and moved well and caught the ball well. I'll be interested to see how Tennessee recruits him moving forward as his stock continues to rise.

One more tight end note, Will Gragg from Arkansas had a really good day and he's cousins with former Vol receiver Bret Smith. But, his older brother, Buffalo Bills TE Chris Gragg, went to Arkansas. He said if the Vols offer he would certainly listen and he already talks to Elder 'two or three times a week.' He has offers from Alabama, Ole Miss and Arkansas and said those three teams are standing out but the Vols would likely join with an offer.

Ok, enough tight ends. Jack Jones had some good reps but was also tested today as he went up against some really good defensive linemen. I didn't get to see all of his reps but he looked good in the reps I saw. I know Jonathan Ledbetter and him had a good series where Ledbetter won the first two and then Jones won the last rep. Ledbetter told me that he bull rushed him on the first rep (not really accepted practice at camps), beat him on the second rep with a move and then Jones blocked his first and second move on the third rep.

Speaking of Ledbetter, this is the second time I've seen him in a week. 6-5, 265-pounds and growing and looked really good. He's a guy that's probably going to move to tackle as he keeps growing and I would be surprised at all if he picks up more offers in the coming weeks and that includes Tennessee as I think they've been keeping a close eye on him the last month.

Ugo Amadi had a couple of pass breakups in one-on-ones, but also got beat on a few as well. Once he settled in he was fine.

The more I see linebacker Josh Smith the more I think he would be a really good defensive end. He continues to get bigger, checked in at 215 but has the frame to put on more.

A few others that were just really impressive today were James Proche, a wide receiver from Texas, Auden Tate, receiver from Florida and several more.

We are putting up a highlight video on top of another notebook here in a minute and we will have more throughout the next several days. Lots more coming from St. Petersburg tonight for the game, including catching up with Isaiah Mckenzie and De'Andre Thompkins.

-Fortenberry

Yea ESPN 3 is looking like the only option for streaming the OD Game as of now

VN Store

Back