'14 All American Bowl Games

Hurd is going to be fresh and hungry. I want to see some videos of Hurd vs the freshmen linebackers this spring!

Hurd wont play in it if he is an early enrolee right? Wasnt sure how that worked

I believe EE's can't participate in bowl practices if they participate in HS all star games. If they skip the AS game they can practice.

I believe EE's can't participate in bowl practices if they participate in HS all star games. If they skip the AS game they can practice.

Your probably right but I do remember J. James play in the under armour game then arriving on campus in the spring.

Is this a new rule or did he not participate in spring ball?

Your probably right but I do remember J. James play in the under armour game then arriving on campus in the spring.

Is this a new rule or did he not participate in spring ball?

I'm not talking about spring ball. Teams that make a bowl game get like 15 practices for their bowl game preparation and EE's can participate in those practices as long as they are done with HS, meaning they can't participate in HS All Star games if they want to practice with the team.

I could be wrong in all of this but I'm pretty sure that's how it works. Anyone else confirm or deny this?

I'm not talking about spring ball. Teams that make a bowl game get like 15 practices for their bowl game preparation and EE's can participate in those practices as long as they are done with HS, meaning they can't participate in HS All Star games if they want to practice with the team.

I could be wrong in all of this but I'm pretty sure that's how it works. Anyone else confirm or deny this?
Confirm. Last years army game had a list of EEs who wouldn't participate. Henry was one iirc. They also did a segment for them and the players who couldn't participate due to injury (MarQuez North was one).

99% sure on this

After watching recruiting nation they named the rosters for the Under Armour Game. Or appears we only have two commits in that game.

So with all star games coming soon. I wanted to start a thread so we could keep track of which commits are on which teams and when they play.

UA:

Commits- Dillion bates and Aaron medley.
Targets- adoree Jackson, Travis Rudolph,

Army:

Commits- TKjr, Malone, mouhon, Hurd,
Targets- Garrett,

I'm sorry if I'm missing any others. I feel like I am cause I thought we would have more players in these 2 games. Like Helm he is the #1 TE in the country yet not on either roster. Hope yal can help thanks.

Reactions: 1 person
After watching recruiting nation they named the rosters for the Under Armour Game. Or appears we only have two commits in that game.

So with all star games coming soon. I wanted to start a thread so we could keep track of which commits are on which teams and when they play.

UA:

Army:

Targets- Garrett,

I'm sorry if I'm missing any others. I feel like I am cause I thought we would have more players in these 2 games. Like Helm he is the #1 TE in the country yet not on either roster. Hope yal can help thanks.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-recruiting/194570-14-all-american-bowl-games.html

Reactions: 1 person

UA:

Army:

Targets- Garrett,

I must admit to being indifferent to these "All Star" games. Not saying it's not an honor, just don't care for the possibility of injury before they set foot on campus.
GO VOLS!

I must admit to being indifferent to these "All Star" games. Not saying it's not an honor, just don't care for the possibility of injury before they set foot on campus.
GO VOLS!

A potential benefit though could be playing against much better competition than they have ever faced making them work harder in the offseason by realizing they won't be near as special in college as they were in hs without some serious grinding

Updated with the Offense-Defense Bowl in Orlando. A bunch of commits/targets playing in this game.

Looks like you might have all of this already but this is from VQ anyway...

Tennessee commitments in All-Star games

Alabama-Mississippi All-Star Game
Dec. 14

Gavin Bryant
Cory Thomas

Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas
Dec. 21

Emmanuel Moseley

Elite Junior Classic
Dec. 28

Andrew Butcher

Rising Seniors Bowl
Dec. 31

Preston Williams

Under Armour All-American Game
Jan. 2

Dillon Bates
Aaron Medley

Offense-Defense All-American Bowl
Jan. 3

Vic Wharton
Derek Barnett
Daniel Helm
Cortez McDowell
Emmanuel Moseley
Charles Mosley
Cory Thomas

Army All-American Game
Jan. 4

Jalen Hurd (Not playing)
Josh Malone
Kevin Mouhon
Todd Kelly Jr.

Simper Fidelis All-American Bowl
Jan. 5

Rashaan Gaulden
Dewayne Hendrix
Orlando Brown

Reactions: 2 people
Completely updated with all the games now, including some of our 2015 commits, thanks Ron!

Bump for tomorrows Georgia Elite Junior Classic @ 1pm

LIVE STREAM

Atlanta will host a new high school All-Star football game on December 28th, 2013, when the Georgia Elite Junior Classic kicks off at McEachern High School Stadium. The game, featuring 70 of the top high school junior prospects in the state, will be televised to over 5.5 million homes on CSS and broadcast locally on 92.9 The Game on radio.

Last edited:
Any chance to get what channels these are all on and times?

I mean I can google it myself but good for anyone else coming in later ;)

Bump for today's Georgia Elite Junior Classic @ 1pm

LIVE STREAM

Atlanta will host a new high school All-Star football game on December 28th, 2013, when the Georgia Elite Junior Classic kicks off at McEachern High School Stadium. The game, featuring 70 of the top high school junior prospects in the state, will be televised to over 5.5 million homes on CSS and broadcast locally on 92.9 The Game on radio.

Today is the 27th, good sir.

VN Store

Back