'13 TN OT Christian Morris

If he drops to around the late 2nd, someone is getting an absolute steal.
He will go in a similar spot to Janoris Jenkins IMO. Both play largely needed positions in the NFL, both super talented, both wannabe thugs that got kicked out if an SEC school.

Btw Jenkins was the 39th overall pick (7th pick in the 2nd round).

Watched "The Informers" last night on Crackle, with Billy Bob Thorton and Kim Bassinger. For anybody wanting to see a movie portraying L.A., it's recommended. I've been there and don't care to go back. L.A., where hot is cold.

Watched "The Informers" last night on Crackle, with Billy Bob Thorton and Kim Bassinger. For anybody wanting to see a movie portraying L.A., it's recommended. I've been there and don't care to go back. L.A., where hot is cold.

Amber heard is the best part of the movie

If he drops to around the late 2nd, someone is getting an absolute steal.

Agreed. Barring the unforeseen, he will be one of the top-10 WRs taken. This draft is very WR deep. The talent in this draft isn't as top-heavy as last year, but it is deeper than most give it credit for, esp at WR. It's deeper at WR than last year's.

Rivals.com national analyst Mike Farrell said: "Christian Morris is a huge kid with long arms and great upside. He had the unenviable task of going against players like Jonathan Allen, Frank Herron and Al-Quadin Muhammad in practice at the Army Bowl and held his own. In the game itself, he showed the ability to pull from his right tackle spot, as well as hold the edge and use his athleticism in pass protection. He's still raw, but his upside is tremendous."
-Rivals.com

So this thread is going to be chaotic nonsense for 2 weeks in other words?!

Yes, but this is the only one.
All of the other threads have made the commitment to remain calm and not allow any info posted without 3 confirmed sources and a go ahead to post by the actual recruit.

Hubbs said earlier today that leading up to & during the Army All American week Morris was texting & calling our staff practically begging for an offer. He is surprised to see Morris come out of the visit & shut everything down with the media. He thinks Tennessee has lost momentum.

Hubbs said earlier today that leading up to & during the Army All American week Morris was texting & calling our staff practically begging for an offer. He is surprised to see Morris come out of the visit & shut everything down with the media. He thinks Tennessee has lost momentum.

Not to take a shot at Hubbs, but him shutting everything down could mean that he's decided to come here. Also, I get the impression from a lot of these kids that they really dislike talking to all these reporters, but that just be the way that I'm reading it.

Who knows, Morris was not on the previous staff's radar, and that could have jaded him. Seems interesting for Hubbs to come to that conclusion if Morris was in fact begging for an offer, got one, visited, and then decided not to talk to the media.

I don't know, I could be completely off base.

Reactions: 2 people

That is odd. Who knows. Personally, I doubt it has to do with our staff, unless someone knows differently. Sounds like our staff generally is making great impressions on recruits.

Not to take a shot at Hubbs, but him shutting everything down could mean that he's decided to come here. Also, I get the impression from a lot of these kids that they really dislike talking to all these reporters, but that just be the way that I'm reading it.

Who knows, Morris was not on the previous staff's radar, and that could have jaded him. Seems interesting for Hubbs to come to that conclusion if Morris was in fact begging for an offer, got one, visited, and then decided not to talk to the media.

I don't know, I could be completely off base.

I read it the same way. I would love to know if we visited him today. If so then hubbs is wrong imo otherwise morris wouldnt accept a visit. If he did then i think he is a silent commit

I read it the same way. I would love to know if we visited him today. If so then hubbs is wrong imo otherwise morris wouldnt accept a visit. If he did then i think he is a silent commit

Meeting today would mean nothing IMO. I said when I first heard he was shutting the media out that it wasn't good news and hubbs has the same opinion. This one isn't looking good At all.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back