'13 LA RB Kaleb Blanchard

This guy is the real deal. Watching his highlights will show how quick he cuts and makes split second decisions. Get this guy in orange!

Whoever Butch signs, Green, this dude or whatever, he is going to be a 3rd stringer for this year.

We already have 2 great running backs on our team.

Bank on it

No such thing with a new staff. If Green or whomever picks up the offense better or fits what they wanna do then anything can happen. I am betting all positions are open to competition. We dont have a Gurley, Yeldon,Marshall or Lacy type guy who is penciled in to start. Will be a fun competition to watch.

That is LSU's pitch to Leonard Fournette for next year's class. Its stupid but it will probably work.

LSU has the exact number it needs right now, they could take one RB this class but Blanchard is unlikely. Adam Taylor was looked at after his knee surgery but he was only given a non-commitable offer, there was rumors of a possible gray shirt. Unless something changes I don't see LSU taking a true RB this class.
http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-recruiting/163824-13-tx-rb-adam-taylor.html

The plan is to load up the stables next year with 2-3 RBs.

Blanchard is ok but you have to realize LSU has some guys coming in next year (potentially) that are on a different level. My concern is really his film is hard to judge.

I mean you look at Hillard's film and he has guys draped on him as soon as he would get the ball and he would get good gains.

Now where I think he is good is on the draw plays, but many of his runs, he literally runs straight up the middle and there is nobody there. I think I could average 5-7 yards taking the ball in those situations.

Last edited:
Dude looks like a stud on film. :worship:

The key to working La. recruits is watching who LSU offers. The only recruit from La. who didn't get a Les offer since he has been there that has turned out better than average (at best) is Eddie Lacy, at least from what I can remember. The reason Eddie Lacy was not offered has nothing to do with football.

The film on KB is deceiving. IMHO Hey, he's not horrible by any stretch of the imagination ie Tulane.

Exactly. Film can be deceiving, my senior year our RB ran for over 2k yards in highschool but the competition was so weak. I probably could have ran for 1k (sarcasm) but he ended up at Tennessee Tech. I feel like this guy is another Dervin Young. He has wheels and could make a play happen but I don't see him being a big time contributor.

Exactly. Film can be deceiving, my senior year our RB ran for over 2k yards in highschool but the competition was so weak. I probably could have ran for 1k (sarcasm) but he ended up at Tennessee Tech. I feel like this guy is another Dervin Young. He has wheels and could make a play happen but I don't see him being a big time contributor.

I don't think DY would be a good RB to compare him with at all. He has maybe 40lbs on DY. IMO, that extra 40lbs is what makes him a take all day long. Put 40lbs on DY and he keep his speed, he is a 1st RD pick in the NFL.

Well I'm sure DY isn't the best to compare him to but I just believe this guy is all speed and might not fair to well in every other aspect but if we don't get Green, Kemp, or AK then I would definetely take him.

Tulane. Kinda like Orleans Darkwa

The key to working La. recruits is watching who LSU offers. The only recruit from La. who didn't get a Les offer since he has been there that has turned out better than average (at best) is Eddie Lacy, at least from what I can remember. The reason Eddie Lacy was not offered has nothing to do with football.

The film on KB is deceiving. IMHO Hey, he's not horrible by any stretch of the imagination ie Tulane.

I don't think DY would be a good RB to compare him with at all. He has maybe 40lbs on DY. IMO, that extra 40lbs is what makes him a take all day long. Put 40lbs on DY and he keep his speed, he is a 1st RD pick in the NFL.

That's funny.

Yeah but you just don't keep your speed typically when you add that kind of weight. Young is shifty because he's small. He's doing about what I expected him to do here. Glad we have him though.

LOL @ comparing this kid to DY. DY was playing against weak HS comp here, and there has already been a poster (pg 1 I believe) that say he plays against big time comp down there in LA; high school football there should never be compared to TN football. I'm not sure what to think about this kid, but size and speed are def there. For those saying "well he has an awesome line too" well, yeah we have one of those also.

Reactions: 1 person
LOL @ comparing this kid to DY. DY was playing against weak HS comp here, and there has already been a poster (pg 1 I believe) that say he plays against big time comp down there in LA; high school football there should never be compared to TN football. I'm not sure what to think about this kid, but size and speed are def there. For those saying "well he has an awesome line too" well, yeah we have one of those also.

+1

I think this kid is a take. Size and speed are the 2 things he has that we need at RB. For a bigger back, he cuts very well. Seems to have good vision and breaks alot of tackles. He may not be rated the best RB in the country, but his film sure puts him right up there.

Leb, I'll be honest with you. I've watched films on this kid and Derrick Green.. they are both takes. Kalebs film is every bit as impressive as DG's and against better comp IMO. IF we land both of these kids.. whew, we'd have a lethal 1/2 combo with Lane and Neal to accompany; it would be SICK.

Leb, I'll be honest with you. I've watched films on this kid and Derrick Green.. they are both takes. Kalebs film is every bit as impressive as DG's and against better comp IMO. IF we land both of these kids.. whew, we'd have a lethal 1/2 combo with Lane and Neal to accompany; it would be SICK.

I agree with the video's being a push. I recently watched DG's again and he is a very good RB. I don't see the 4.35-4.4 speed people claim he has on film, but I would love to have him carrying the ball for UT. We do need 2 backs in this class I think and maybe 3 IF A. Hill is projected anywhere but RB. Only concern I have with Blanchard is he could flip to LSU at anytime if they decided to take him. I am still in the minority that would like to see us get K. Green in this class. IF he does not work out at RB, I think he would be a great OLB.

I agree with the video's being a push. I recently watched DG's again and he is a very good RB. I don't see the 4.35-4.4 speed people claim he has on film, but I would love to have him carrying the ball for UT. We do need 2 backs in this class I think and maybe 3 IF A. Hill is projected anywhere but RB. Only concern I have with Blanchard is he could flip to LSU at anytime if they decided to take him. I am still in the minority that would like to see us get K. Green in this class. IF he does not work out at RB, I think he would be a great OLB.

Yeah, I haven't seen that burst for DG, MAYBE a couple of times.. but not consistently. I know Alden Hill was great in HS, but I've yet to see anything from him that leads to any promise. However, I think that CBJ will use QW and DY differently and maybe get them into space. That's the ONLY hope either of them have at making some noise in this league. They are simply TOO SMALL.

If we were to get this kid and DG, that would be more of an Alabama'esque backfield.. running on pure brute strength and power. We haven't had that in years, but when we do we usually have a pretty damn special team. I'd like to see them take 3, maybe land Turman or Karmara. I highly doubt Turman sticks if AK commits to the dawgs. Too much depth in front of him.

VN Store

Back