'13 LA RB Kaleb Blanchard

I know what you mean. Everytime I hear we are asking a kid to wait or passing on them in hopes of hooking the big fish I get worried. AJ Turman is a prime example.

I know and now look at us. We are pretty much praying that green , ford , and another guy will commit to us this close to nsd . I still can't believe we don't have one.

Damn. That's a far drop.

Despite injuries curtailing his junior season and some of his senior year, Blanchard was rated the #40 running back in the nation and the #536 prospect overall by 247 Sports. He was named the Offensive MVP of the Offense-Defense All-American Bowl last month. Doug Konkel, 247

Plays hard (little regard for his own welfare) resulting in being often injured. Too risky an investment for some coaches, esp in the SEC (lmt'd schollies)---special thx to Mike Slive.
Wish Kaleb well, hope he defies the odds and has a successful collegiate career.

Reactions: 3 people
Plays hard (little regard for his own welfare) resulting in being often injured. Too risky an investment for some coaches, esp in the SEC (lmt'd schollies)---special thx to Mike Slive.
Wish Kaleb well, hope he defies the odds and has a successful collegiate career.

I like it when we take local kids, especially when they look to have the talent to play at UT. RB recruiting is hard to figure out right now. I want to think it will all work out. If the rumors are true that Swafford will get a scholarship now. He is currently rated like 1900 in 247's rankings. #52 APB. Interesting for sure.

How is Blanchard the 35th over all RB and a 4 star yet Aregeros turner is 11th over all and a 3 star? I think JoJo kemp is maybe 12th overall and a 3 star as well.

How is Blanchard the 35th over all RB and a 4 star yet Aregeros turner is 11th over all and a 3 star? I think JoJo kemp is maybe 12th overall and a 3 star as well.

There is a big difference in running back and all purpose running back. Blanchard is a RB, Turner and Kemp are APB.

Blanchard is considered a RB while Turner and Kemp are All Purpose Backs. There's a difference. APB tend to be a little smaller than traditional backs but quicker so they get used in screens and stuff like that a lot more than traditional RBs

all purpose RB is a crappy category created by recruiting sites.

A Running Back is a Running Back.

MJD, Quizz Rogers, Ahmad Bradshaw, Frank Gore, reggie Bush, CJ spiller, Matt Forte can do it all. all different body types and sizes. all Running backs. forget that All purpose crap about size.
its about Running back skills.
vision, instincts, quickness, burst, change of direction and toughness.

Reactions: 2 people
Yes jay I agree with you a running back is a running back period. The only difference in the recruiting rankings as an all purpose back is that they can generally be used at another position on the field if needed while the ones that are only listed as just running back tend to be running backs only and not prone to be moved to another position... all purpose back is almost like an athlete position in the running back category. Not saying I agree with how they break it up like that just saying that's how they do it.

all purpose RB is a crappy category created by recruiting sites.

A Running Back is a Running Back.

MJD, Quizz Rogers, Ahmad Bradshaw, Frank Gore, reggie Bush, CJ spiller, Matt Forte can do it all. all different body types and sizes. all Running backs. forget that All purpose crap about size.
its about Running back skills.
vision, instincts, quickness, burst, change of direction and toughness.

Agree, together w/ Pro-Style QB vs. Dual---more nonsense.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back