'13 LA RB Kaleb Blanchard

I am not sure about him. The OL seems to be dominating, which makes it hard to know how good he is and I did not see him run over anyone. (limited video I know) Anyone know his 40 time?

We seem to be offering alot of RB's. Do you guys think it is because we are not feeling it with DG? Or, is it more like we might be looking at some of these guys to be converted to LB's or other positions?

I will hang up and listen.

Some may be just in cases. If we don't get our top targets, will need to have another option. Especially since some may be deciding late

Scrambling to get in with as many as possible to sign the best 2. LSU has no rb's atp would not be surprised if they take blanchard

Blanchard had an outstanding sophomore year (190 carries for 1799 yards (9.5 YPC) and 21 TDS), but he only played in 4 games as a junior due to hamstring and shoulder injuries. He rushed for 387 yards and 5 TDs on 74 carries (5.2 YPC), and then had arthroscopic surgery on his shoulder in the off-season.

Blanchard still struggled with his shoulder at times this past season and he didn't come close to matching his sophomore numbers, finishing with just 891 yards and 15 TDs on 141 carries (6.3 YPC).

I like Blanchard's size and speed but I'm a bit wary of his injury issues.

Scrambling to get in with as many as possible to sign the best 2. LSU has no rb's atp would not be surprised if they take blanchard

That is LSU's pitch to Leonard Fournette for next year's class. Its stupid but it will probably work.

Blanchard had an outstanding sophomore year (190 carries for 1799 yards (9.5 YPC) and 21 TDS), but he only played in 4 games as a junior due to hamstring and shoulder injuries. He rushed for 387 yards and 5 TDs on 74 carries (5.2 YPC), and then had arthroscopic surgery on his shoulder in the off-season.

Blanchard still struggled with his shoulder at times this past season and he didn't come close to matching his sophomore numbers, finishing with just 891 yards and 15 TDs on 141 carries (6.3 YPC).

I like Blanchard's size and speed but I'm a bit wary of his injury issues.

Which is why Bielema held out on his offer. If he ever gets over the injury bug, he can be a good one. He also had a knee and ankle injury this year. He went for over 200 yds in the season opener and it looked like he was gonna have a huge year, and then he slowly declined and hit rock bottom with a 7 carry, 14 yard game, and he came back towards the end of the year with two 180+ yard games.

LSU won't go back this direction, Miles told him that if he went to LSU camp they would offer him, and he blew them off.

Which is why Bielema held out on his offer. If he ever gets over the injury bug, he can be a good one. He also had a knee and ankle injury this year. He went for over 200 yds in the season opener and it looked like he was gonna have a huge year, and then he slowly declined and hit rock bottom with a 7 carry, 14 yard game, and he came back towards the end of the year with two 180+ yard games.

That explains that, then.

Before the season he was rated as the best back in the state of LA. I still like his potential. He could R/S and get healthy. I'd take him.

Reactions: 1 person
Amazing how anyone can be ranked from #22 RB to #65 RB. Just goes to show you how much the rating systems suck. Plus this guy seems to have huge red flags with injury problems

Before the season he was rated as the best back in the state of LA. I still like his potential. He could R/S and get healthy. I'd take him.

+1

Give him a bit of time to heal up and I think he would be worth the risk. With the other poster saying he came back at the end of the year for 2 180+ yard games, I think he would be a great late pick up at a major position of need.

He looks good, but that OL is beastly. They get amazing push and open huge lanes. Maybe we could nab 1 or 2 of them.

This feels just like Bourque, but I still want'em... we also don't have any RB's in this class which we could probably use three.

VN Store

Back