'13 JUCO LB De'Vondre Campbell (Texas Commit 12/18)

Besides a play defending a screen vs NC State, what did Sapp do in coverage that was so memorable or gave a lasting impression that he was good in coverage?

Nothing. I don't think anyone of our LB's are SEC good. I know a lot of peeps on here think AJ is a beast, but all I see is a slow, like very slow, average LB.

I know Sunseri did a horrible job, but was it really all him? or was it our average linebackers, horrible secondary, and non existent pass rush???

LaTroy Lewis will be our next beast LB. would have started most this year over Lathers IMO if he hasn't been hurt.

Lots of love for LaTroy here.... recall, he broke his leg his Sr. year. So, this makes two straight years he hasn't played football. Let's all temper our expectations of him.

you, VN's resident LaTroy Lewis hater.

I just want him to prove himself... I have no expectations of him due to the injuries. I like that approach better than hoping for an all-american.

Recall, I did the same with Tiny. I think it's fair to be skeptical of someone that doesn't play for a few years. Thank god Tiny came in and did what he did. It will be nice to think LaTroy can do the same, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

I just want him to prove himself... I have no expectations of him due to the injuries. I like that approach better than hoping for an all-american.

Recall, I did the same with Tiny. I think it's fair to be skeptical of someone that doesn't play for a few years. Thank god Tiny came in and did what he did. It will be nice to think LaTroy can do the same, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

My hopes are up. Nothing you can do to stop them. :)

Reactions: 3 people
LaTroy Lewis will be our next beast LB. would have started most this year over Lathers IMO if he hasn't been hurt.

FWIW Lewis will be a beast pass-rushing defensive end in a 4-3. Because of his speed, he'll play with his hand in the dirt in this defense. Still going to make a impact IMO.

I have a class with LaTroy and he has work to do in the weight room. . He looked about 235-240 before the injury.With his injury he looks about 6'4" 210-215lbs at the most. Really great guy though. Always came to class and was involved in discussion
I had/have very high hopes for DeVondre.. size and speed like that is a rare combination.

Nothing. I don't think anyone of our LB's are SEC good. I know a lot of peeps on here think AJ is a beast, but all I see is a slow, like very slow, average LB.

I know Sunseri did a horrible job, but was it really all him? or was it our average linebackers, horrible secondary, and non existent pass rush???

Didn't AJ lead the SEC in tackles this year or am I remembering that wrong?

Meh, I'd have to go with the original baby avi for that award. If we signed all the people that he thought we were going to get we would have the best recruiting class in history every year.

Frk86 FTW. Lol

Meh, I'd have to go with the original baby avi for that award. If we signed all the people that he thought we were going to get we would have the best recruiting class in history every year.

I'm just counting my time until the next poster starts another "We're going to get a top 10 class" thread. Maybe next year, but not this one.

Thanks! :hi: I'm not feeling positive on Campbell though.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back