'13 JUCO LB De'Vondre Campbell (Texas Commit 12/18)

That is how recruiting goes. Not everyone will stick with their commitment. It happens every year. We'll see how these guys end up in several years. The one that gets me the most is losing Irvin to WVU. He was a stud.

I gotta be honest guys...Vereen was the only Dooley/Sal LB commit that I really didn't want to lose...and before anyone says "we need bodies at LB" I'm 100% certain we'll get at least 2-3 LBs that fit he new system by NSD

This really sucks, especially considering Texas will continue to perennially underperform. Probably the most underperforming school in college football history, and that's not sour grapes - it's the truth. But Austin does have great nightlife, and that cannot be underestimated. If only we could convince Alabama and Auburn recruits of the differences in nightlife between Knoxville and their places, we'd be set. Unfortunate.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
didnt find his highlights very impressive...looks like an athlete but long ways to go to be a legit linebacker...new staff didnt seem to be too worried about any of that crew besides bradley

didnt find his highlights very impressive...looks like an athlete but long ways to go to be a legit linebacker...new staff didnt seem to be too worried about any of that crew besides bradley

I agree. I never found him to be that impressive either, although I wasn't willing to lose him. However, our new staff had best know who's replacing him, because it's getting thinner and thinner around here.

I think it's about time we swoop in on someone and steal them the day before or signing day! It's happened for the worse for us too much lately. Time for things to start balancing back in our favor...maybe we will start with Carl Lawson.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I agree. I never found him to be that impressive either, although I wasn't willing to lose him. However, our new staff had best know who's replacing him, because it's getting thinner and thinner around here.

sounds like bringing in several DBs with speed is the plan...plus going to 4-3 helps with not having to load up on linebackers although we do need to bring in probably 1 or 2 more lbs in guys like Grace, Trey J. JRM could end up at OLB he has the potential frame.

I think it's about time we swoop in on someone and steal them the day before or signing day! It's happened for the worse for us too much lately. Time for things to start balancing back in our favor...maybe we will start with Carl Lawson.

I think our time will come sooner or later.....hopefully sooner. I am not worried about filling up the roster with more bodies, we have that already. We need ballers!

Not saying it wont happen but what site is reporting this? Havent seen it on 247 and VQ still says Vol.

Good luck to Campbell. These things happen with a coaching change.

Well I hope he just liked Texas better and this wasn't a staff priority issue from Tennessee. It seems like all our LBs are leaving. This could really end up hurting us if we do not get any quality LBs in this class.

I see no reason to take a JC player unless you know without a doubt he is a difference maker. Not convinced Campbell is. I realize we need lb'ers though.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not worried about it we can move Brent Brewer down to the LB position where he needs to be anyway and move hill from a RB to LB and move king back to LB

VN Store

Back