'13 JUCO LB De'Vondre Campbell (Texas Commit 12/18)

It doesn't matter, but he ended up flipping from kstate and signing with Minnesota.

Thought about him the other day...thought Texas snagged him...probably saw we didn't care and rescinded their offer
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Minnesota? Man Dooley was going after some ballplayers

To be honest this kid is a ridiculous athlete and I wish we could've kept him. 6'5" 225 and he ran a 4.4, not to mention how thin we are at LB.

Edit: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/534175/highlights/37232384

Last edited:
To be honest this kid is a ridiculous athlete and I wish we could've kept him. 6'5" 225 and he ran a 4.4, not to mention how thin we are at LB.

Edit: De'Vondre Campbell - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

The only thing I scratched my head at last cycle with this staff is letting four out of the five lbs go with out having any in the fold. Then the one we kept is playing Leo defensive end so really we struck out in 13 on lbs. I understand they didn't fit the defensive scheme but at least they would be a body out there.

The only thing I scratched my head at last cycle with this staff is letting four out of the five lbs go with out having any in the fold. Then the one we kept is playing Leo defensive end so really we struck out in 13 on lbs. I understand they didn't fit the defensive scheme but at least they would be a body out there.

Why bring in players they thought weren't capable? Save the scholarships. It was a good call cause it looks like we are going to need them.

Reactions: 1 person
This guy could have been a beast in a pass rusher role. Something we are severely lacking in right now. I'm guessing it had more to do with admittance challenges and less about skill level if the current staff didn't recruit him.

OF COURSE HE IS:

Measurables: 6-foot-5, 225 pounds. Hutchinson (Kan.) Community College
Recruiting rankings: Three stars. No. 80 overall in the Rivals Junior College 100 presented by Under Armour.
Buzz: Minnesota needed some linebackers, and talented JUCO transfer De'Vondre Campbell needed a place that would allow him to play immediately. The two came together on signing day and, just like that, Campbell is on this list. Campbell, who was committed to Kansas State and Tennessee during the process, was a signing-day surprise for the Gophers. Now, just few months later he looks to be a serious threat to grab a starting job. Campbell was a certifiable commodity out of junior college for good reason. He has the size and the speed necessary to make an impact on Big Ten as a first-year player. It certainly helps his cause that his team is thin on top talent at the linebacker spot.

If someone gets bored you should put together an all-used to be committed to Tennessee team I bet we would have a heck of team

OF COURSE HE IS:

Recruiting rankings: Three stars. No. 80 overall in the Rivals Junior College 100 presented by Under Armour.
Buzz: Minnesota needed some linebackers, and talented JUCO transfer De'Vondre Campbell needed a place that would allow him to play immediately. The two came together on signing day and, just like that, Campbell is on this list. Campbell, who was committed to Kansas State and Tennessee during the process, was a signing-day surprise for the Gophers. Now, just few months later he looks to be a serious threat to grab a starting job. Campbell was a certifiable commodity out of junior college for good reason. He has the size and the speed necessary to make an impact on Big Ten as a first-year player. It certainly helps his cause that his team is thin on top talent at the linebacker spot.

If someone gets bored you should put together an all-used to be committed to Tennessee team I bet we would have a heck of team

I would hope he could grab a starting job at Minnesota as a junior.

Reactions: 2 people
OF COURSE HE IS:

Dude, Minnesota is terrible

Bump.

When I saw the Falcons drafted him, I knew his name sounded familiar.

Bet they made your mirrors steamy...now you get to laugh at stupid confident Vol fans. :w00t:

That post got 19 likes. It's really hard to believe that in early 2012 there were 19 fans left that were confident in Dooley's ability to lock down anything in recruiting. So stupid yeah maybe so. Steamy mirrors? Makes no sense. You never disappoint.

That post got 19 likes. It's really hard to believe that in early 2012 there were 19 fans left that were confident in Dooley's ability to lock down anything in recruiting. So stupid yeah maybe so. Steamy mirrors? Makes no sense. You never disappoint.

It makes sense...requires imagination...yours is disappointing. :)

Certainly a random bump, but he is getting rave reviews from the Falcons and people that cover them. He will probably be a starter and all the Falcons blogs go on and on about his combination of size and speed. He would have been really good at Tennessee.

VN Store

Back