'13 JUCO LB De'Vondre Campbell (Texas Commit 12/18)

I have a class with LaTroy and he has work to do in the weight room. . He looked about 235-240 before the injury.With his injury he looks about 6'4" 210-215lbs at the most. Really great guy though. Always came to class and was involved in discussion
I had/have very high hopes for DeVondre.. size and speed like that is a rare combination.

6'4" 210? can the kid catch?

I know Staley is looking for a paying gig but if it doesn't pan out he could be retained as a GA. That would be the best way to lock him and Bradley up.

Reactions: 1 person
Got a feeling he is using these kids as pawns. Package deal IMO

Kinda feels that way doesn't it. I'm really not sure though. If Staley got a paying job somewhere at a small school, I doubt they follow him. Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Neither Bradley or Campbell have signed yet. Looks like both are looking to take visits in early January.

Hutchinson Community College has a press release showing where all their folks had signed and it said Campbell to Texas.Now maybe that turns out to be wrong but that is what it said.

Maybe Texas is having him hold off?

Is Mack safe for another year? Surely he is getting close to Fulmer status where the fans are tired of wasting talent.

Reactions: 1 person
I live in the same area as this kid. Saw this on his facebook wall "There are rumors going around saying i signed with Texas NO I DIDN'T!!!!!! At least not yet"

He'll probably sign with them but it hasn't been official yet.

If it's Texas then what is he waiting on? I think he's having a hard time choosing.

If not an EE he can not sign now.Rumors that he did not graduate and will have to go to school next semester to graduate hence his recruitment will continue thru signing day in Febraury if that is true.

"De'Vondre did take an official visit to Kansas State this past weekend," Blue Dragon linebacker coach Shaun Simon said. "I haven't had the opportunity to sit down and have an in-depth talk with him about the trip, yet, though.

"He told me that he really enjoyed himself on the visit. He said that right now, he was leaning toward Kansas State, but he wants to take one more visit."

Campbell, a Fort Myers, Fla., native, previously had visited Tennessee (Sept. 21), Texas (Dec. 7) and Minnesota (Dec. 21). Following his visit to see the Longhorns, reports surfaced a verbal commitment had been made, but were retracted later.

"He doesn't know where his fifth visit will be," Simon, a former Wildcat offensive lineman, said. "He has some options to look at and he just wants to find what would be the best place to take a visit to and then make his decision by looking at the pros and the cons of the programs."

Earlier in the recruiting process Campbell was on track to be a December graduate from Hutchinson, but that is no longer the case.

"He is not a mid-year guy anymore," Simon said. "He was thinking that would be the case, but it isn't that way."
-Rivals.com

VN Store

Back