'12 VA DT Korren Kirven (Bama signee)

Wright or Jernigan. :cray:

The difference this year is that we already have a couple in the fold.

That's true. We have quite a few D-Lineman. I think the staff would probably want to have some highly rated CB's more if possible, but Kirven and Shanks are just very good players.

I of course want all of them. I'm a greedy vol.

Reactions: 1 person
Don't forget Bama. They are still just as much of a factor as UT and VT

By them passing on McCullers due to numbers crunch that tells me they would most likely pass on Kirven too. VT is the team to beat here imo, and im hoping this visit was enough to do it.

Last edited:
"Coach Sal was my recruiting coordinator at Alabama and once he left and came here it was a big thing. They definitely got an advantage right there with coach Sal," Kirven said. "That's a big thing with him coming here and he's a great coach and a great recruiter, so it's an advantage."

Says, he doesn't have a #1 (I think VT is the school to beat)---CSS hire already Paying dividends...

Reactions: 2 people
Still don't see us getting him...

Picking up Kirven would be huge for the Vols, but it sounds like VT is the team to beat in this one. Shanks is a possibility too at DT. Either signing with the Vols is huge, both would be just incredible like two years ago when the Vols signed Hunter and Rogers. Go Vols.

Picking up Kirven would be huge for the Vols, but it sounds like VT is the team to beat in this one. Shanks is a possibility too at DT. Either signing with the Vols is huge, both would be just incredible like two years ago when the Vols signed Hunter and Rogers. Go Vols.

you could argue Danny O'Brien and McCullers is our version of Hunter and Rogers at DT. But we need another big time DT.

I think it's probably 60/40 VT from what I've read, but things can change in the next few weeks. I think we have a 50/50 shot at snagging Shanks or Kirven.

I would like to watch some film on Korren. Most of the guys I can find on YouTube. However, not having any luck with Mister Kirven. Can someone please post a link? Thanks!

I have a feeling we land Kirven and miss Shanks.

But it could be because I know Kirven probably won't be able to play next year and I'm a pessimist.

I think we get Kirven.

Everybody is saying "too much pressure" to stay home and go to VT but the same was said for Santos and McNeil and Pig but look how that turned out.

He may very well go to VT but I have a feeling we pull him.

Don't underestimate this staffs recruiting ability..they can recruit with anybody in the country.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back