'12 VA DT Korren Kirven (Bama signee)

They normally either go up to a box or watch the game in the football complex.

I'm sure Dooley didn't wanna be around the fans too long because of the team we were playing.

Very true plus they have had a bit of time to interview the the kids and may have perfect time to get away and discuss their direction. Weigh in who is here and who is still on the board. Bet Sunseri is in a total whirlwind!

What a week he has had. Won a BCS title, got a nice hefty raise while changing colors.

I really hope that if Goldman commits to FSU next week, I really hope Shanks takes a long, hard look at UT. He's said all through his recruitment that he's looking for early PT. Well, its sitting right here for him.

D/T's Kirven & Shanks w/ O'Brien & Big Mac that would be one bigtime pull for our DLine this cycle. I would like to see this happen. :clapping:

GBO

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
He said he had a great visit this weekend and that having Sunseri as DC really helps Tennessee because he was his main guy at Alabama. Tennessee is certainly back in this one.

- Fortenberry

Reactions: 11 people
Kirven is a must get. He would have a huge impact immediately.

I'm not saying he wont, but given the current commits and our projected starters....Kirven is going to have to work his butt off to make a big impact this year--WHICH IS A GREAT TO FINALLY BE ABLE TO SAY THAT!

I hope we get him...we add Kirven and/or Shanks, along with O'Brien, McCullers, Sentimore, Lewis, & Taylor....wow. We're looking at depth--and talented depth at that--along the DL that we haven't seen in quite a while.

"It was great. I got to see a lot of stuff I haven't seen yet. Third time being up here and they showed me a lot. I enjoyed the coaches and I hung out with the players and stuff. It was a great visit. I loved it," Kirven said.

One thing that helped the Vols on his visit was that Tennessee replaced former defensive coordinator Justin Wilcox with former Alabama assistant Sal Sunseri as the Sunseri and Kirven know each other well.

"Coach Sal was my recruiting coordinator at Alabama and once he left and came here it was a big thing. They definitely got an advantage right there with coach Sal," Kirven said. "That's a big thing with him coming here and he's a great coach and a great recruiter, so it's an advantage."

"I wouldn't say that they're number one. I don't really have any placement right now because I haven't taken all my visits, but they're definitely right there at the top," Kirven said.

"Hanging out with the players was fun. I enjoyed seeing the facilities and they were nice. Everything was great. It was a great visit and I enjoyed a lot of it," Kirven said.

-VQ

Reactions: 9 people

VN Store

Back