'12 KY QB Zeke Pike

The game was awesome. They were playing against Kentucky. Both teams have offered. You have to see where you fit in. It was a big win for them. They are bowl eligible. It was a real good atmosphere.

"Tennessee has a lot of tradition, and their fans are passionate about football. To be there and see the atmosphere it was pretty wild. It was a good trip, and they have a young team."

The Tennessee coaching staff has Pike as a top priority.

"I visited with everyone," he said. "I talked to coach Dooley before the game. He told me I am the guy they want. He told me to take my time and commit when I am ready. I also spoke to coach Hinshaw and coach Chaney. They said they are excited about me. They said I am the No. 1 guy on their board. It made me feel good to be wanted.

Knoxville affords going away to school, but within an easy driving distance from home where family and friends can watch gameday Saturdays.

"It's a good school," Pike said. "Their program has a lot of tradition. Their fans are

Scout.com: Zeke Pike visits two SEC games

also went to the bama game

“It was my second time at Alabama, but the first time I was there for a game. I was there for one of the greatest rivalries in college football and I am just happy I got to be part of it. I actually got some love from the Alabama and Auburn fans coming in and then when I went to my seat, the fans were chanting my name, so that was cool. I talked to Coach [Joe] Pendry because he is my recruiting coach, but I also spent some time with Coach [Jim] McElwain, and Coach Saban. All were excited to see me and they said some encouraging things. Coach McElwain told me that if I wanted to commit to them now, they would be happy about it and never look back. That was nice to hear because I have a lot of interest in Alabama. They are Alabama, but they are also play in the SEC and that is just die hard football. I am going to narrow my list down to 10-12 schools in January and Alabama will definitely be part of my list. I could not believe how loud it was at this game. I was at Auburn for the Georgia game and it was up there with that one. Alabama is definitely in the mix.”
- Scout

"Arkansas is one I'm definitely looking at," Pike said. "I get hand-written letters every day from Arkansas. (Hurst L.D. Bell tight end) Chris Barnett is a good friend and he's committed to Arkansas. He's always pushing me to give the Razorbacks a look. I love the offense at Arkansas."

"I like Ben Roethlisberger and Peyton Manning," Pike said. "With my size I'm kind of like Roethlisberger while with Manning I try to be a student of the game like he is. I call audibles and stuff at the line of scrimmage. I like to think I'm like those two quarterbacks."
- Rivals

“I have had a chance to visit Auburn, Tennessee and Alabama since the season was over,” he said. “Georgia was the last SEC school and West Virginia just hired Dana Holgerson from Oklahoma State. We have a good relationship and when I heard of the coaching change, I called him to talk. He told me I have an offer to West Virginia and I’m the guy he wants,” said Pike.

Scout.com: Pike enjoying the process

He looks a bit uncoordinated...but maybe because that highlight package features him on D.

Thank God we're not recruiting him as a DE....

Dude's gonna be good. I watched his film on Rivals the other day and he has all the tools to be a very good QB. Reminds me a lot of Big Ben. He's gonna be a good QB..

He looks a bit uncoordinated...but maybe because that highlight package features him on D.

Uncoordinated? You do realize that's a QB on defense playing like that don't you? I don't think uncoordinated quite fits there.

Uncoordinated? You do realize that's a QB on defense playing like that don't you? I don't think uncoordinated quite fits there.

Yeah...did I not specify that by stating the the film was of Pike playing DE? For real?

He lumbers on defense...makes him look uncoordinated IN THAT FILM. My statement was more poking fun @ the recruiting site showing an elite QB's defensive "highlights. Thats all...

He's very very very raw. I've seen him play up here countless times. Obviously he has the size and arm strength. Other than that everything else about him is a work in progress at this point. He's much more of a run over you QB at this point than he is a passer.

He's very very very raw. I've seen him play up here countless times. Obviously he has the size and arm strength. Other than that everything else about him is a work in progress at this point. He's much more of a run over you QB at this point than he is a passer.

A little Wild-Vol formation Maybe?

After watching this and the Gunner Kiel video you just linked, I was surprised by how raw they both were given the hype they've received on this board. Of course they both have great potential, but neither is very polished atp, imo.

I know Pike/Kiel/Brewer are the guys that are high on our board for 2012, but are they also supposed to be three of the very best QBs in next year's class? Or are there others that will be ranked higher but we're not pursuing?

After watching this and the Gunner Kiel video you just linked, I was surprised by how raw they both were given the hype they've received on this board. Of course they both have great potential, but neither is very polished atp, imo.

I know Pike/Kiel/Brewer are the guys that are high on our board for 2012, but are they also supposed to be three of the very best QBs in next year's class? Or are there others that will be ranked higher but we're not pursuing?

Look at their offer lists. I doubt many, if any, are better.

Bump.
New article up on GVX247. Anyone have the inside track?

Posted via VolNation Mobile

I don't have info from that article but there is a new one on rivals and here's a quote, seems like a definite Auburn lean...

"I've been to Auburn a lot and for a kid from Kentucky to go all the way down to Alabama a lot means something," he said. "I like Auburn. There are a lot of good people down there and they're building a really special program. What they did this year was phenomenal. The coaches are great, the environment is great and the town is great. It's a great school. Right now I don't have any favorites but I like Auburn a lot. I like a lot of other schools, too."

-rivals

I don't have info from that article but there is a new one on rivals and here's a quote, seems like a definite Auburn lean...

-rivals

But his reasons are that they are "building something." We'll see how that holds up when they go 6-6 this year.

VN Store

Back