'12 GA WR Jason Croom (UT SIGNEE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now maybe people will quit complaining about us taking four to five WR's this year. we are not as deep as we thing we are.

UT has some monster receivers coming in...
Jason
Drae
and Keithon

& PATTERSON... i 4got about him

that's gonna be Hunter's back up

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Well hunter is telling people torn acl. Hate that. Wish croom was on the hill this year to help out
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Jason said the same thing while we were watching yesterday. He was looking at Hunter's face when he came back out to the sideline, and said "Ma, I know he's mad Becuz it ain't fun watchin' from the sideline when u know u r supposed to be on that field."

Jason said the same thing while we were watching yesterday. He was looking at Hunter's face when he came back out to the sideline, and said "Ma, I know he's mad Becuz it ain't fun watchin' from the sideline when u know u r supposed to be on that field."

The depth he and hopefully a Patterson commit will bring is huge for next year.

Reactions: 1 person
I can see the goal-line set now: Four WR, Hunter, Rogers, Jason, and Patterson. Poor Tyler, which 6-4/6-5 haus do I throw to this time?

Line them up in quads and throw a hail mary every play. :) Only time you run the ball is when the defense is tired from all the One and outs! :loco:

This is the problem when a team is depleted of upper classmen like UT has been. There's depth and then there's quality depth. The later we don't have. It shows that when a top talent goes down, we should be able to continue to execute. This injury showed how little depth we have. Last year Hunter and Rogers were brought along slowly to help them adjust to routes, defensive schemes etc. Arnett won't be afforded the opportunity. But, our offense can't revolve around one player. Draws, middle screens, or anything on the edge/perimeter is/was needed but wasn't executed against UF. Alot of people think that since we have 7-8 receivers we have depth, but it doesn't equate to quality. Arnett did well, but his test will be down the field routes and not quick outs. If he starts to catch passes 10-15 yds, we may have our guy.

Line them up in quads and throw a hail mary every play. :) Only time you run the ball is when the defense is tired from all the One and outs! :loco:

For fun, look up the stats on the Mississippi Valley State football team during Jerry Rice's last year. The offense consisted of a no-huddle, five wideout style that just wore defenses out. They averaged around 60 pts and 500 yds of passing per game.

Of course, that's with Jerry Rice, but I'd try it with this group for at least a portion of the season.
:loco: :)

For fun, look up the stats on the Mississippi Valley State football team during Jerry Rice's last year. The offense consisted of a no-huddle, five wideout style that just wore defenses out. They averaged around 60 pts and 500 yds of passing per game.

Of course, that's with Jerry Rice, but I'd try it with this group for at least a portion of the season.
:loco: :)

To be fair, that was years ago. Defensive lines these days will put your QB out of his misery fast if you plan on doing something like that.

Bottom line, the staff better find a way to run the ball in the next 3 weeks or its going to be VERY ugly.

Dude, if you put Croom and Rodgers in the slot at the same time (I see what I just did there), and Hunter and Patterson out wide, who can cover that?

Dude, if you put Croom and Rodgers in the slot at the same time (I see what I just did there), and Hunter and Patterson out wide, who can cover that?

Put 7 DB's on the field. Not like we're a run threat.

Put 7 DB's on the field. Not like we're a run threat.

Our line of will be able to block. Next year. I understand your frustration though. We will crush teams in the near future. Takes time to catch up to the big boys is all. Everyone must remain positive.

Friday - Varsity @ Mill Creek

7:30pm

The varsity game will be televised at 8 pm on GPB TV and the players need your support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back