'12 GA WR Jason Croom (UT SIGNEE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had to the chance to meet recruits/players I don't know if I would go up to them. I don't want to seem weird or anything haha but glad you & your son had a good time. :hi:

thank u and we did; and Croomster doesn't care; nor do I as long as you're respectful... because I am still Momma first, and I am NOT beyond putting you back in your square if I have to; as noted here in previous months posts.. lol:eek:k:
*** not u directly, but anybody..*** had to clear that before somebody take it out of context.

Last edited:
U know it's bad enough that Orange is UT color, but LORD have mercy on my eyes yesterday, and I about fell out of my chair when Dooley passed by me in orange pants, then there was this other guy with checkerboard pants, and lady with ckbrd dress.... It was just crazy to me how bold the fans are... sooo I guess I gotta get me some more hookups... because I felt left out...lol

I bought me some UT canvas sneakers and socks... I'm going to find the checkboard pattern & get crazy with it. Yall aint seen nothing yet! I'm gonna be the fan fashion misfit Mother of the year for 2012.... I'm gonna show u what I'm working with. roflmao.

I had a ball in Neyland yesterday.. today I can't talk, my knees hurt and i'm stuffy, but dang it.... LSU and Georgia games... I'm there a day early this time....so we can hop the boats and VOlwalk.

I think I ate the cake and missed the icing by doing the game only. We got there jsut b4 game time ... it won't happen twice though... I'm tailgating and fooling with everybody else from here out!!!

I forgot to tell yall this.

BAM !!!!!!!!!!!!

VFL Mzterry

Reactions: 4 people
Mzterry you are the bomb,Would love to see Momma Dooley and you do a segment on pregame radio now that would be a hoot.

Reactions: 2 people
ok.... Do u like my new avatar? Do u see me and Dad in the pic?

Do u see Croomster's #18?? that's me.. aweee at my first game!!!

Last edited:
I was there. Dead center of the end zone wearing Jason's #18. I sat right by the camera man. i met Jelks and Bowles families and Peters had lunch with us. what section were you in? I looked for X3 right? I saw it on my way out.

No I was in section U. I looked and looked for this crazy wild woman hanging over the railing in her outfit giving the Cincinnati team heck. But there were so many people on the sideline it was hard to tell who was who. Glad u had a good time and you and Jason really need to take in the pregame festivities because he won't be able to once he is here in ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock::rock::rock:

I saw than and was wondering how Jason wasnt in the pic at all, hope he has his moms hops lol!
Jason actually is in the pic too,but u only see the bottom half of his shirt. I sat down one row in front of my husband and jay is behind me to the left and dad is to the right
Posted via VolNation Mobile

No I was in section U. I looked and looked for this crazy wild woman hanging over the railing in her outfit giving the Cincinnati team heck. But there were so many people on the sideline it was hard to tell who was who. Glad u had a good time and you and Jason really need to take in the pregame festivities because he won't be able to once he is here in ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock::rock::rock:
Omg... I know... I'vd never seen a pumpkin that big in my life. Lookng at online and tv doesnt do justice like being there... No where near
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person
On Saturday, he finally returned to attend his first game there.

The Top247 wide receiver from Norcross (Ga.) High School, a four-star prospect who’s ranked the No. 156 overall player in the 2012 class by 247Sports, said he was impressed by the experience of watching Tennessee’s 45-23 win over Cincinnati from his field-level seat inside Neyland Stadium.

It didn’t hurt that the Vols’ offense put on a show with Croom in attendance. Sophomore quarterback Tyler Bray threw for 405 yards, and sophomore receivers Justin Hunter and Da’Rick Rogers each had 100 or more receiving yards for the second consecutive game.

“It was cool,” said Croom, who committed to the Vols on Aug. 18. “I was excited (about) everything, from the crowd to the way the offense was looking. They had 364 yards passing in the third quarter.”

The number of fans in attendance at Saturday’s game, the vast majority of whom were wearing orange and white, caught his attention as much as anything.

“There were a lot of people,” Croom said. “It was, like, 94,000-something. It was a lot of people there. It seemed to be packed.

“I mean, I didn’t see no empty seats, really.”

The 6-foot-5, 220-pound Croom, who was accompanied by his parents on the trip, said he’s already planning to return for at least two other Tennessee home games this season, although he only has decided on one of the games.

Croom says he's planning to attend "a couple more" of Tennessee's home games this season.“I’m going to a couple more. For sure, right now, I know I’m going to UGA versus Tennessee (on Oct. 8),” he said, adding that he also may attend the Vols’ game against LSU on Oct. 15.

Croom said his parents appeared to enjoy themselves at Saturday’s game.

“I didn’t really ask them about it, but they had a good time,” he said. “My mom was over there going crazy, like I’m out there playing.”

The only downside of the visit, he said, was that he didn’t arrive in time to speak with Tennessee coach Derek Dooley and the rest of the Vols’ staff before kickoff.

“I got there, like, right when they were walking out, so I didn’t get to talk to the coaches before (the game),” Croom said. “But I got to say, ‘What’s up?’ to them after, and I said, ‘What’s up?’ to a couple of players.”

Croom said he continues to talk with Tennessee’s coaches on a weekly basis. He said he spoke with Dooley and UT defensive backs coach Terry Joseph on Monday.

“They’ll just be seeing what’s up, how my season’s going and telling me who they’ve got up next (on their schedule),” Croom said. “(Monday) ... because I didn’t get to talk to Coach Dooley (on Saturday), because he was in his press conference, he was just saying the next time I’m down there, he wants me to come talk to him.”

Recruiting has slowed down for Croom, at least to some extent, since he announced his commitment to Tennessee during a press conference just hours before his team’s season opener.

He said several teams — Arkansas in particular — have continued to pursue him over the past few weeks.

But Croom made it clear he’s firmly committed to the Vols.

“I mean, there’s still coaches that call,” he said. “I told them that I’m staying with the school or whatever, but they still call because they say, like, you never know what can happen. But I don’t expect them to get in no trouble.”

One of Croom’s friends — cornerback Ray Buchanan Jr. of Peachtree Ridge High School in Suwanee, Ga., who’s the son of former NFL cornerback Ray Buchanan — is committed to Arkansas, and Croom said the Razorbacks gave him “one of my first couple of offers.”

Croom said Arkansas has tried to get Buchanan Jr. to convince Croom to visit with him, but he said he’s not interested in taking any additional recruiting trips just for fun.

“I wouldn’t have a good time,” he said. “I already know where I’m going.”

On the field, Croom’s senior season is off to a good start. Norcross improved to 3-0 with a 49-14 win over Roswell last week, and the Blue Devils have won their three games by an average margin of 28 points.

“We’ve been killing teams,” he said. “The most a team has scored so far was 14. Our starters, they’re getting out of the game at halftime. I really don’t see no competition. I feel like we’ve got it on both sides of the ball. But we’ve got our rival (Duluth) this Friday, and they think, because they’ve got a new coaching staff, they’re about to handle us.”

Croom is putting up big numbers of his own, too. He caught four passes for 112 yards and a pair of touchdowns Friday night, all in the first half.

“I know that I’ve improved on stuff, like being faster, getting in and out of breaks,” he said.

“My game has changed since last year, definitely.”

Reactions: 2 people
VOL FOR LIFE!!!!

The Top247 wide receiver from Norcross (Ga.) High School, a four-star prospect who’s ranked the No. 156 overall player in the 2012 class by 247Sports, said he was impressed by the experience of watching Tennessee’s 45-23 win over Cincinnati from his field-level seat inside Neyland Stadium.

It didn’t hurt that the Vols’ offense put on a show with Croom in attendance. Sophomore quarterback Tyler Bray threw for 405 yards, and sophomore receivers Justin Hunter and Da’Rick Rogers each had 100 or more receiving yards for the second consecutive game.

“It was cool,” said Croom, who committed to the Vols on Aug. 18. “I was excited (about) everything, from the crowd to the way the offense was looking. They had 364 yards passing in the third quarter.”

The number of fans in attendance at Saturday’s game, the vast majority of whom were wearing orange and white, caught his attention as much as anything.

“There were a lot of people,” Croom said. “It was, like, 94,000-something. It was a lot of people there. It seemed to be packed.

The 6-foot-5, 220-pound Croom, who was accompanied by his parents on the trip, said he’s already planning to return for at least two other Tennessee home games this season, although he only has decided on one of the games.

Croom says he's planning to attend "a couple more" of Tennessee's home games this season.“I’m going to a couple more. For sure, right now, I know I’m going to UGA versus Tennessee (on Oct. 8),” he said, adding that he also may attend the Vols’ game against LSU on Oct. 15.

“I didn’t really ask them about it, but they had a good time,” he said. “My mom was over there going crazy, like I’m out there playing.”

The only downside of the visit, he said, was that he didn’t arrive in time to speak with Tennessee coach Derek Dooley and the rest of the Vols’ staff before kickoff.

“I got there, like, right when they were walking out, so I didn’t get to talk to the coaches before (the game),” Croom said. “But I got to say, ‘What’s up?’ to them after, and I said, ‘What’s up?’ to a couple of players.”

Croom said he continues to talk with Tennessee’s coaches on a weekly basis. He said he spoke with Dooley and UT defensive backs coach Terry Joseph on Monday.

“They’ll just be seeing what’s up, how my season’s going and telling me who they’ve got up next (on their schedule),” Croom said. “(Monday) ... because I didn’t get to talk to Coach Dooley (on Saturday), because he was in his press conference, he was just saying the next time I’m down there, he wants me to come talk to him.”

Recruiting has slowed down for Croom, at least to some extent, since he announced his commitment to Tennessee during a press conference just hours before his team’s season opener.

He said several teams — Arkansas in particular — have continued to pursue him over the past few weeks.

“I mean, there’s still coaches that call,” he said. “I told them that I’m staying with the school or whatever, but they still call because they say, like, you never know what can happen. But I don’t expect them to get in no trouble.”

One of Croom’s friends — cornerback Ray Buchanan Jr. of Peachtree Ridge High School in Suwanee, Ga., who’s the son of former NFL cornerback Ray Buchanan — is committed to Arkansas, and Croom said the Razorbacks gave him “one of my first couple of offers.”

Croom said Arkansas has tried to get Buchanan Jr. to convince Croom to visit with him, but he said he’s not interested in taking any additional recruiting trips just for fun.

On the field, Croom’s senior season is off to a good start. Norcross improved to 3-0 with a 49-14 win over Roswell last week, and the Blue Devils have won their three games by an average margin of 28 points.

“We’ve been killing teams,” he said. “The most a team has scored so far was 14. Our starters, they’re getting out of the game at halftime. I really don’t see no competition. I feel like we’ve got it on both sides of the ball. But we’ve got our rival (Duluth) this Friday, and they think, because they’ve got a new coaching staff, they’re about to handle us.”

Croom is putting up big numbers of his own, too. He caught four passes for 112 yards and a pair of touchdowns Friday night, all in the first half.

“I know that I’ve improved on stuff, like being faster, getting in and out of breaks,” he said.

Reactions: 10 people
Get to see Norcross play Duluth tomorrow. From what I hear, Duluth isn't very good and Norcross should run all over 'em. Should be a good game for Croom.

“I mean, there’s still coaches that call,” he said. they still call because they say, like, you never know “I told them that I’m staying with the school or whatever, butwhat can happen. But I don’t expect them to get in no trouble.”

MZTERRY I just can't figure out if he is really a solid commitment or not. He can of dances around and doesn't answer the question.:dunno: They did get one thing right mama had a great time !!!

MZTERRY,

Glad Jason enjoyed the game. Once upon a time, UT was known as Wide Receiver U. Rogers and Hunter are quickly bringing that title back. I can't wait for Jason to get here and continue the tradition. Our offense is rolling right now. I hope it continues against the gators this weekend. It should be a great game!

P.S.- You need to add the Power T to your favorite teams! :loco:

MZTERRY I just can't figure out if he is really a solid commitment or not. He can of dances around and doesn't answer the question.:dunno: They did get one thing right mama had a great time !!!

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but Croomster didn't dance around any questions. He said he's staying right where he is and that he won't take ANY visits just to be taking them.. What didn't you get from that story?:ermm::unsure:

oh... and Ryan of 247 ALWAYS gets the stories right, especially when it comes to "MAMA"..lol:lolabove:

Get to see Norcross play Duluth tomorrow. From what I hear, Duluth isn't very good and Norcross should run all over 'em. Should be a good game for Croom.

Jason has a few friends at Duluth that he's waiting to put a whooping on tonight. See you there. I'm one of many obnoxious mothers inthe cowbell section on the NHS side of the yard.. lol:eek:lol: Usually on the 50 yrd line

If he was impressed by 94,000 wait until he sees Neyland packed.

The UGA or LSU game (especially if the Vols beat UF) will have Neyland back to glory.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but Croomster didn't dance around any questions. He said he's staying right where he is and that he won't take ANY visits just to be taking them.. What didn't you get from that story?:ermm::unsure:

He's gotta be being sarcastic. No way someone could read that and not know exactly how Croomster feels about UT. It's refreshing to see a kid be up front and committed to his choice.

He's gotta be being sarcastic. No way someone could read that and not know exactly how Croomster feels about UT. It's refreshing to see a kid be up front and committed to his choice.

The one thing I preach and teach is mean what you say, say what you mean, and your word is BOND!!

I mentioned in this thread a long time ago, when the committment/decision to play at any school was made that he would be stedfast in that decision. This article proves just that from his own mouth....

Croomster couldn't have made a better choice for himself and the family. It was everything he wanted as a player, student, receiver & everything Momma wanted as parent, location, education, and structure. Everybody wins with his decision to come to UT.:dance2::birgits_giggle::yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back